Hamas attacking Israel

Sabrefan1

1 minute ago, Bob Long said:

Its definitely worth trying as many times as it takes. I'd like to think we've advanced as humans but we're just monkeys with matches when it comes down to it most of the time. 

I think there's been so much "equivalency" talk through all this that maybe people have forgotten what Hamas and Iran hope to install, and it ain't a peaceful democracy.

I'd like you to actually back up your statement on official policy please. 

you won't find one post where I have defended Hamas because I don't and I never will. I understand why the attacks took place. Certainly does not mean I will ever defend Hamas. I do however, support Palestinians writing their own destiny. I do support a sovereign independent Palestine and that starts by Israel leaving Palestinian land and stopping the blockades.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

Just now, Ryan Strome said:

you won't find one post where I have defended Hamas because I don't and I never will. I understand why the attacks took place. Certainly does not mean I will ever defend Hamas. I do however, support Palestinians writing their own destiny. I do support a sovereign independent Palestine and that starts by Israel leaving Palestinian land and stopping the blockades.

100%, the Palestinians deserve a chance at a real democracy. 

If Hamas had just chosen military targets, e.g., maybe they could have made a better point? but being butchers just shows what they are. 

• Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 1

5 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Its definitely worth trying as many times as it takes. I'd like to think we've advanced as humans but we're just monkeys with matches when it comes down to it most of the time. 

I think there's been so much "equivalency" talk through all this that maybe people have forgotten what Hamas and Iran hope to install, and it ain't a peaceful democracy.

I'd like you to actually back up your statement on official policy please. 

I’m not here to babysit. You have access to the internet. 

here is an individual who is involved in resolving the conflict, i urge you to watch the whole video but if you haven’t got the time, start at 3:45 mark. 

1 minute ago, BROCKNROLL said:

I’m not here to babysit. You have access to the internet. 

here is an individual who is involved in resolving the conflict, i urge you to watch the whole video but if you haven’t got the time, start at 3:45 mark. 

you made a statement, a big one that should be easy to find. Back up your own views. 

but of course you can't because it was hyperbole.

• Vintage 1

Just now, Bob Long said:

you made a statement, a big one that should be easy to find. Back up your own views. 

Watch the video by the Jewish woman being interviewed. Stop quoting me now I have provided you a place to start. You can go dig up the documents if you wish. 

This is getting worse and worse. I am fearful for the situation that the israeli government goes all in in Gaza and over time all western governments get problems at supporting Israel. I have to say I wouldn’t support them anymore if they created full mayhem in Gaza. Their retaliation has to have certain limits. It is a fine line between retaliation and WW3

Edited by Mr Wrong

Just now, BROCKNROLL said:

Watch the video by the Jewish woman being interviewed. Stop quoting me now I have provided you a place to start. You can go dig up the documents if you wish. 

no I won't watch your video. 

Please post the reference to back up your claim, thats your job, not mine. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Bob Long said:

Not only that is hyperbole, but it's also a perfect example of anti-Israelism crossing to antisemitism.

• Haha 1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, BROCKNROLL said:

Follow the lead from an antisemite? No, thank you, have a nice life on the ignore list.

Just now, RomanPer said:

Not only that is hyperbole, but it's also a perfect example of anti-Israelism crossing to antisemitism.

You’re free to have your opinion. But it is not the only view. And you can’t force people to conform to your way of thinking. Again stop quoting me. 

12 hours ago, Sharpshooter said:

Can we have a flip to this?  Or is there one?

How many nations from other countries have been killed on the palestinian side?

Asking because of the weird difference you wee when you google Israeli conflict vs Palestinian conflict

36 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

to be fair, the Israelis took their land and then restricted their movement. So while nothing would be Israel's fault on the Egyptian border, except for the fact that Israel's actions have turned Palestinians into very poor people that are trying to flee the country. So Egypt likely is left with no choice but to restrict access of the border.

Which land was that?  The part that Jordan had annexed?  

The whole thing is a mess, it goes way back in history.

Iraq, Saudi Arabia, Libya and Kuwait also took Palestinian land insomuch as they expelled thousands of them from their countries... yet most seem keen on just blaming Israel.

As far as right now, I agree with Bob about the Hamas.

36 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Hamas yes, the Palestinian people? no. Maybe some radicals but thats never been official policy.

If Israel wanted to they could have done that many times over by now. 

35 minutes ago, BROCKNROLL said:

You’re wrong. It’s their official mandate. They’ve stated as such. 

33 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

OK can you post the official policy for this?

https://www.moroccoworldnews.com/2023/10/358170/israel-defense-minister-calls-palestinians-human-animals-amid-israeli-aggression

https://www.aljazeera.com/amp/program/newsfeed/2023/10/9/israeli-defence-minister-orders-complete-siege-on-gaza

Politician using terms that refer Palestinians “human animals”, announcing there will be a total siege of Gaza, cutting off food, water, electricity, targeting hospitals and sanitation stations, and the bombardment of apartment blocks, I could go on, seems to be their main “policy”.

There’s a trend amongst people here who support Israel without understanding exactly what Palestinians have went through over the course of the last 70 years. Apartheid, ethnic cleansing, oppression, illegal occupation. Having their land being stripped from them decades upon decades until they’re reduced to a strip of land that is occupied by IDF soldiers. Controlling and rationing of basic human needs. The victimization of themselves in real world conjectures. Simply calling them out and condemning them whips out the lazy narrative that you’re anti semitic.

Eye gouging others to “back up claims” incessantly is yet another way to avoid the things you just don’t want to hear, because it doesn’t fit the collective agenda.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Odd. said:

https://www.moroccoworldnews.com/2023/10/358170/israel-defense-minister-calls-palestinians-human-animals-amid-israeli-aggression

https://www.aljazeera.com/amp/program/newsfeed/2023/10/9/israeli-defence-minister-orders-complete-siege-on-gaza

Politician using terms that refer Palestinians “human animals”, announcing there will be a total siege of Gaza, cutting off food, water, electricity, targeting hospitals and sanitation stations, and the bombardment of apartment blocks, I could go on, seems to be their main “policy”.

There’s a trend amongst people here who support Israel without understanding exactly what Palestinians have went through over the course of the last 70 years. Apartheid, ethnic cleansing, oppression, illegal occupation. Having their land being stripped from them decades upon decades until they’re reduced to a strip of land that is occupied by IDF soldiers. Controlling and rationing of basic human needs. The victimization of themselves in real world conjectures. Simply calling them out and condemning them whips out the lazy narrative that you’re anti semitic.

Eye gouging others to “back up claims” incessantly is yet another way to avoid the things you just don’t want to hear, because it doesn’t fit the collective agenda.

I don't have some shared agenda. 

Can you explain what kind of government Hamas and Iran would install? Maybe begin with that before making claims on what I think.

8 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

The fact of that matter is that long term Gaza may not exist, or at least not exist in today's form and people might not want to go back to the rubble. 

You don't say

Seems this isn't exactly a new development though.  Israeli policy has been very VERY clear about this over the past 6 decades

image.thumb.png.434eb04f49dc5ffc9e826fe6ea1b2b98.png

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1