Hamas attacking Israel

Sabrefan1

15 minutes ago, Optimist Prime said:

I fear I am becomming a warmonger..I kind of want the Theocracy of Iran to be displaced. I should take a mental health break from social media for a few hours at least and enjoy some hockey. Oooo time to do the dishes first! puckdrop is in half an hour.

I feel like it needs to be done soon before they have functioning nukes.  I hate to think what they got in exchange for providing drones and missiles to Russia.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

U.S. Defense Officials have reportedly convinced the Israeli Government not to launch a Preemptive Strike on Hezbollah Forces in Lebanon, with them promising that U.S. Naval Assets in the Eastern Mediterranean including the USS Gerald R. Ford Aircraft Carrier (CVN-78) will provide Military Assistance if Hezbollah does launch a Major Attack against Israel.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

:picard:

It's worse than presented, saw this yesterday, Joseph Czuba allegedly stabbed the boy 26 times with a "military-style knife" and his mother more than a dozen in the incident

https://abcnews.go.com/US/man-71-charged-murder-hate-crimes-stabbing-death/story?id=103999857

• Sad 3

5 hours ago, Bob Long said:

None of this gives me any confidence that Hamas will be good for Palestinians.

I don’t think there is any option that would be good for Palestinians… just a bunch of crappy options.

Hamas has only been an entity since the 80’s and Palestinians had mostly been refugees and occupied for decades at that point.

That wasn’t the issue at hand though. 

Heck, we can’t find a political party of leader that is good for us and we have one of the most stable democracies on the planet.

• Vintage 1

1 hour ago, RomanPer said:

Following your own logic, how can you claim that your point of view is entirely objective?

I have never been to the area as anything more than a 3 day tour.  I have no vested interests or experiences to speak of.  I can stand here as an outsider and say I can see both sides of the argument here.

It's a claim that almost anyone here can make who has spent no time in the area or who has no ties to either side of the conflict.

Edited by Warhippy
  • Like 1
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, Sharpshooter said:

According to the Iranian Foreign Minister, there could be “Preemptive Measures” taken by the Axis of Resistance against Israel in the coming hours; the Axis of Resistance includes Iran, Syria, and Hezbollah as well as any Anti-Western or Anti-Israeli Militia Groups across the Middle East which are under their Control.

If Iran does anything they will find themselves on the receiving end of another low altitude ass kicking from the israeli air force and should they in fact manage to do or incur any level of damage the US has more firepower offshore in one small block of ships; than most nations have in their entire armed forces.

• Cheers 2

Hamas’s march to Armageddon

Iran and Hamas pried Pandora’s Box wide open on Oct. 7 by unleashing a heinous wave of rocket attacks and assaults on Israeli cities and villages.

This was likely done with Russian President Vladimir Putin’s tacit approval, if not direction and planning. What had been chiefly a localized threat to Jerusalem – Hamas in Gaza, Hezbollah in Lebanon and Syrian and Iranian troops along the Golan Heights – is now an existential threat to the state of Israel on a regional and global scale. 

Hamas’s goal, stated in its founding covenant, is the destruction of Israel, and its inexorable pursuit of an Israeli Armageddon must now be taken at face value by Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and his national unity government. Especially after the reign of terror Mohammed Deif, Hamas’s military commander, unleashed in Kfar AzaSderotand at a music festival on a scale that the Jewish people had not witnessed since the end of the Holocaust

More in the link:

https://thehill.com/opinion/international/4256685-hamass-march-to-armageddon/

These statements don't get made without a serious level of confirmation.  Russia with the hail mary play and it could blow up in their faces in a big way.  ISrael has not had the need to go in to a major conflict since the 6 day war.  Should Iran or Lebanon interfere they will be bombed back to the stone age.  Their ability to make war will be neutered within days if not hours by the IDF and Israeli forces.  Without mentioning the US soldiers in play and off shore.

Should this occur Iran will be essentially kicked around like a stray dog and their ability to help Russia will be ended entirely.  No more Shahad drones or iranian arms to help Russia leaving them with NK as their only power player for arms

The Find Out phase for russia et all is about to begin.

Rebecca Wisocky Ghosts GIF by CBS

• Cheers 2

One thing of note.

I mentioned a long while back that Iran would ONLY want one thing from Russia.  Nukes.  Either assistance in building them or an outright gift of a nuclear missile/warhead or even backpack size warhead.  They didn't need gold, oil or money really.  Only nukes.  They stood nothing to gain by helping russia so this is curious and raises an interesting question

If Iran is in fact posturing this with the US fleet off shore waiting to turn their nation in to a parking lot.  What has made them so bold as to help Russia, help this insurgency and conflict and to make these statements with the size of the forces the US has offshore.

What are the possibilities Russia has in fact gifted Iran with some level of nuclear arms?

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

These statements don't get made without a serious level of confirmation.  Russia with the hail mary play and it could blow up in their faces in a big way.  ISrael has not had the need to go in to a major conflict since the 6 day war.  Should Iran or Lebanon interfere they will be bombed back to the stone age.  Their ability to make war will be neutered within days if not hours by the IDF and Israeli forces.  Without mentioning the US soldiers in play and off shore.

Should this occur Iran will be essentially kicked around like a stray dog and their ability to help Russia will be ended entirely.  No more Shahad drones or iranian arms to help Russia leaving them with NK as their only power player for arms

The Find Out phase for russia et all is about to begin.

Rebecca Wisocky Ghosts GIF by CBS

These kind of statements get made all the time, in opinion pieces, which this is. That said it's an opinion that I also share.

22 minutes ago, Provost said:

I don’t think there is any option that would be good for Palestinians… just a bunch of crappy options.

Hamas has only been an entity since the 80’s and Palestinians had mostly been refugees and occupied for decades at that point.

That wasn’t the issue at hand though. 

Heck, we can’t find a political party of leader that is good for us and we have one of the most stable democracies on the planet.

You have that right my friend.

11 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

One thing of note.

I mentioned a long while back that Iran would ONLY want one thing from Russia.  Nukes.  Either assistance in building them or an outright gift of a nuclear missile/warhead or even backpack size warhead.  They didn't need gold, oil or money really.  Only nukes.  They stood nothing to gain by helping russia so this is curious and raises an interesting question

If Iran is in fact posturing this with the US fleet off shore waiting to turn their nation in to a parking lot.  What has made them so bold as to help Russia, help this insurgency and conflict and to make these statements with the size of the forces the US has offshore.

What are the possibilities Russia has in fact gifted Iran with some level of nuclear arms?

Tactical nukes? I have no doubt. 

8 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

One thing of note.

Highly unlikely, why would russia give nukes to religious fanatics who live right next door? 

• Cheers 1

39 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

U.S. Defense Officials have reportedly convinced the Israeli Government not to launch a Preemptive Strike on Hezbollah Forces in Lebanon, with them promising that U.S. Naval Assets in the Eastern Mediterranean including the USS Gerald R. Ford Aircraft Carrier (CVN-78) will provide Military Assistance if Hezbollah does launch a Major Attack against Israel.

Apparently the US isn’t as convincing as it thinks.  Israel is apparently bombing in Lebanon as we speak.

https://www.cnn.com/middleeast/live-news/israel-news-hamas-war-10-16-23/h_5b4a102c7a3fef0eb831ecfd4f5afb46

2 hours ago, RomanPer said:

Yeah, yeah, we've heard that before. It's like that guy who is afraid to join a fight and acts strong behind his friends, fully aware that they will hold him back.

Can the Iranians fight better than the Russians? They seem to have the Russian bullsh*t down pretty good. They can't send their Revolutionary Guards to fight Israel because the Iranian people wouldn't let them back into Iran. The only democratic country in the bunch is Israel. 

Any delay moving into Gaza has more to do with the IDF having forces in place to react to any other attacks on their borders that might be coming. There should already be plans drawn up for a pre-emptive attack on Tehran. Updates are happening. 

Edited by Boudrias
  • Vintage 1