Hamas attacking Israel

Sabrefan1

4 minutes ago, Optimist Prime said:

certainly not arguing, but can you point me to the proof? I have not seen it yet. Would be nice peace of mind to know they were fake.

I am certainly not going to post the pictures in the thread.  The images that were posted by the Israeli government account were followed up by tweets that scanned them using AI.  They showed up as AI images.  If you want you can research yourself on the Israeli X account.  Just go to @Israel.  The tweet is from October 12 so it might take awhile to find it.  Once you find the tweet you can look at the replies and see the AI generated images...

1 minute ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I am certainly not going to post the pictures in the thread.  The images that were posted by the Israeli government account were followed up by tweets that scanned them using AI.  They showed up as AI images.  If you want you can research yourself on the Israeli X account.  Just go to @Israel.  The tweet is from October 12 so it might take awhile to find it.  Once you find the tweet you can look at the replies and see the AI generated images...

Yes, thank you for not posting images. I did that in the last few minutes. I don't believe tweets are proof of anything other than that someone tweeted, but I get what your point is. Moving on. Thanks.

51 minutes ago, Riddikulus said:

With all due to respect none of us actually "know". We can only guess and speculate. Unless you were actually involved you don't really have any knowledge of what occurred.

Well, I actually served in IDF and I went through multiple training exercises in which we were taught not to follow blindly any order that we feel is illegal. Plus, common sense clearly says that it provides no gains to Israel to do it deliberately. Again, I'm not saying that I know that IDF didn't do it, only that if IDF did it, it wasn't deliberate.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Vintage 1

13 minutes ago, RomanPer said:

Well, I actually served in IDF and I went through multiple training exercises in which we were taught not to follow blindly any order that we feel is illegal. Plus, common sense clearly says that it provides no gains to Israel to do it deliberately. Again, I'm not saying that I know that IDF didn't do it, only that if IDF did it, it wasn't deliberate.

at some times around y2k i held one of a few diplomatic passes to cross between Israel and Syria free from search by either side or the UN MP's in the middle, but I spent most of my time in Syria to be honest. Another time I was specifically in Syria for the duration, and many other times sent for short trips to either side. Generally my experiences with the IDF were good. 

8 minutes ago, Optimist Prime said:

at some times around y2k i held one of a few diplomatic passes to cross between Israel and Syria free from search by either side or the UN MP's in the middle, but I spent most of my time in Syria to be honest. Another time I was specifically in Syria for the duration, and many other times sent for short trips to either side. Generally my experiences with the IDF were good.

And I hope you understand why it raised suspision.

1 minute ago, Optimist Prime said:

I was impressed frankly, good capabilities in my opinion up at Mount Bental.

It took me a second to understand which mountain you are referring to 🙂. It's pronounced in Hebrew slightly different from the way it's written in English.

28 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Of course the war itself wasn't "fake".  1 million people died.  It was very real.  Like you said, the justification for it was fake and a lie.  Every person involved in that war is responsible to some degree.  Some more than others.  Was Amanpour directly responsible for 1 million people dying?  Of course not.  But CNN and all of the other mainstream media news kept pumping that war for months with daily and hourly coverage.  The mainstream media IMO was complicit.

Anyways, I'm not interested in derailing this thread with this any longer...

We have a differing view of what "complicit" means. In my view, one must knowingly contribute to a crime to be complicit.

By your definition, anyone who, in the early days of the Pandemic, said Covid 19 was no big deal, is complicit in the deaths of millions of people.....

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

We have a differing view of what "complicit" means. In my view, one must knowingly contribute to a crime to be complicit.

By your definition, anyone who, in the early days of the Pandemic, said Covid 19 was no big deal, is complicit in the deaths of millions of people.....

My friend, I would agree, we have a differing view of complicit.  And we also have a differing view of the mainstream media.  After the war ended, I was very upset about the whole thing.  The Bush family, Donald Rumsfeld, Dick Cheney.  They were by far the worst of the bunch.  Total warmongers.  But I digress.  Don't want to go any farther with this and derail the thread.  And I just want you to know that it's nothing personal against you, so I am sorry if my posts were out of hand.  The Gulf war is not a topic I like to talk about, and it brings alot of anger to me...

4 hours ago, Ryan Strome said:

You know what is beginning to bug me is we are getting no verifiable proof of the very serious accusations that were made. All we are getting is secondary proof. I heard from a person who heard from a person.

I personally don't believe babies were beheaded.

If they were? I am glad they did not share the images.

What is clear is that babies, old people, mums & dad's, teenagers & kids were all killed; targetted. Kibbutz Be'ri was a Pogrom. As was an attack on the festival. Make up your own mind about targeting families & teenage kids as hostages. I do believe women were raped. While in a blood thirst & hyped up there are too many that cannot help themselves. Its always been that way. 

Bloodthirst and fear to the point of terror? Has been a war tactic for warlords in the Middle East, hell Middle Europe over the last 30 years. With apologies, I am only so old to know better detail beyond. A calling card for Islamic & other revolutionaries including Hamas. Its the way they do war.

I think its disgusting people cannot call out this! Even if they have concern for Palestinian & other oppressed peoples. 

41 minutes ago, RomanPer said:

So is burning down peoples homes legal or illegal. Now i am confused.... ??

Demolition of Palestinian property is a method Israel has used in the Israeli-occupied territories since they came under its control in the Six-Day War to achieve various aims. Broadly speaking, demolitions can be classified as either administrative, punitive/dissuasive and as part of military operations.[1] 

The Israeli Committee Against House Demolitions estimated that Israel had razed 55,048 Palestinian structures as of 2022.[2] A

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Israeli_demolition_of_Palestinian_property

Edited by moosehead

41 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Just remember, the propaganda war is real...

Except that isn't true either apparently if you can believe this reporting which claims to have dug into it.  They do have several other pictures of the same incident in their story, so it does seem fairly well researched.

There are plenty of videos and pictures of dead Palestinian kids and civilians by 3rd parties and aid agencies, that I don't think anyone can reasonably say they are being faked.  If you bomb hundreds or thousands of large residential buildings in a crowded built up area, you aren't planning on pinpoint accuracy and avoiding civilian casualties.

I also don't doubt that there were kids and elderly amongst the victims of the Hamas terrorist attack a week ago.  You throw grenades into buildings and shoot automatic weapons in residential communities, you aren't planning on pinpoint accuracy and avoiding civilian casualties.

https://www.altnews.in/4-yr-old-killed-in-gaza-israel-govt-falsely-claims-video-shows-a-doll-not-a-child/

5 minutes ago, moosehead said:

So is burning down peoples homes legal or illegal. Now i am confused.... ??

Clearly its illegal. As is the turning a blind eye by administrations. Or providing IDF cover for Jerusalem day purges in streets for exteremists.

Israel does have blood on its hands.  

I like that you also found those amongst Israeli that oppose it.

34 minutes ago, RomanPer said:

It took me a second to understand which mountain you are referring to 🙂. It's pronounced in Hebrew slightly different from the way it's written in English.

I know a little Arabic, some Farsi, Pashtun, Russian and mandarin to go with my english, spattering of french and spanish...i am basically illiterate in all the languages, haha, but completely clueless about Hebrew. 

3 minutes ago, Optimist Prime said:

I know a little Arabic, some Farsi, Pashtun, Russian and mandarin to go with my english, spattering of french and spanish...i am basically illiterate in all the languages, haha, but completely clueless about Hebrew. 

Funny enough - one of the easiest languages to learn. Very mathematical to some degree.

12 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

He should share the sources then 

He may be right but I don't particularly trust him 

Earlier in the thread I posted Israeli government officials repeatedly say they had destroyed power and water infrastructure to and in Gaza.  Then the Israeli ambassador saying a couple of days later that it was Hamas doing it.  That was after the "beheaded babies" stuff meant to stoke blind outrage.

They are pretty transparent about their propaganda, and not even remotely trustworthy as a source as it is almost comical how they get accused of doing something (even when verified by a bunch of independent 3rd parties) and then immediately gaslight and say it was the other way around.

I rate the credibility of Hamas, the IDF, and Israeli government as a 1/10 for reliability.  That score means they may accidentally show something truthful after messing up getting their stories straight.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Provost said:

I also don't doubt that there were kids and elderly amongst the victims of the Hamas terrorist attack a week ago.  You throw grenades into buildings and shoot automatic weapons in residential communities, you aren't planning on pinpoint accuracy and avoiding civilian casualties.

I don't doubt is getting closer to acknowledging. Thank you!

It will get better as all illegal activities get identified, brought to justice. Israeli and Hamas. 

Among the atrocities were crowds of rave attendee's who tried to hide in sheltered bunkers. Crammed full, holding roughly thirty each. A grenades thrown in one, one even thrown back out. And mowing down all thirtyish partiers hiding away. These were among live camera footage from phones. Also eye witness accounts of one or two who survived playing dead. Everyone saw the paragliders swooping in with automatic weapons.

• Thanks 1

Just now, RomanPer said:

Funny enough - one of the easiest languages to learn. Very mathematical to some degree.

I have been trying to learn more Finn since covid hit, but I wouldn't say I can speak it yet. I think I have forgotten more than some folks learn in a lifetime. 

I better get some things accomplished today before the hockey starts!

I wish everyone here a good and peace filled evening, GO CANUCKS GO. 

Peace to the world. Sooner is better than later. 

• Like 1