2024 Entry Draft

Just now, MikeyD said:

Dickenson is a really low IQ offensive player in my opinion. Throws volume plays out but gets away at it because it's the CHL. Would surprise me if this kid didn't bust completely. 

He's not going to bust, pretty much a lock to be a 2nd pairing D imo.

He has controller disconnect moments in the Dzone but hasn't struck me as a particularly low IQ player. Defends smartly with his size, joins the rush, good at getting his shot through. 

I'd have taken Buium but its a good pick imo. 

2 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

He's not going to bust, pretty much a lock to be a 2nd pairing D imo.

He has controller disconnect moments in the Dzone but hasn't struck me as a particularly low IQ player. Defends smartly with his size, joins the rush, good at getting his shot through. 

I'd have taken Buium but its a good pick imo. 

He throws so many blind passes, doesn't scan, throws puck up the middle, doesn't make safe plays in the neutral zone, etc. for me to believe he won't bust. I agree though in the offensive zone he's good and defensively he's okay. 

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

I like the guys available this year, no clear #1 but in comparison to last year Id take alot of them over Reinbacher.

Rein wasn't great offensively but he was a very mature player and very smart defensively. This year there's raw talent but absolutely no maturity and defensive quality is poor for the top picks. Rein was definitely taken way too high though. 

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, JeremyCuddles said:

To absolutely no one's surprise, Minnesota got a great pick here. Minnesota is in a similar spot we were prior to Huggy coming here. Never really had that high end offensive talent on the blueline.

Well they have Faber and he kinda should have won the calder