2024 Entry Draft

3 hours ago, Sabrefan1 said:

Did I miss a new Bettman decree or something?  When did the NHL start allowing teams to draft children straight out of junior high school?

You guys missed a big opportunity with that pick. Satan, son of Satan.

https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/806027/miroslav-satan

:classic_laugh:

• Vintage 1

Minnesota Wild come out like bandits in this one imo based on the number of picks they had. Sharks and Canadiens did quite well for them selves as well. I like the Canucks picks but harder to get excited when your first pick is in the 3rd round. Didnt seem like this draft was as deep in the later rounds as last year. 

1 hour ago, Bure_Pavel said:

Minnesota Wild come out like bandits in this one imo based on the number of picks they had. Sharks and Canadiens did quite well for them selves as well. I like the Canucks picks but harder to get excited when your first pick is in the 3rd round. Didnt seem like this draft was as deep in the later rounds as last year. 

I have San Jose and Calgary as the "winners" of this year's draft.

2 hours ago, MatchesMalone said:

I have San Jose and Calgary as the "winners" of this year's draft.

Yeah Calgary did very well for themselves, for San Jose having the first overall pick its hard not to be a winner. They got very lucky Dickinson was there at 11 as well. 

I cant believe the Wild were able to pick up Aron Kiviharju in the fourth round. He then walks right up the Guerin and tells him he just picked the steal of the draft.   

https://hockeywilderness.com/news-rumors/minnesota-wild/watch-fourth-rounder-kiviharju-to-guerin-you-just-got-the-steal-of-the-draft-r30121/

2 hours ago, Bure_Pavel said:

Yeah Calgary did very well for themselves, for San Jose having the first overall pick its hard not to be a winner. They got very lucky Dickinson was there at 11 as well. 

I cant believe the Wild were able to pick up Aron Kiviharju in the fourth round. He then walks right up the Guerin and tells him he just picked the steal of the draft.   

https://hockeywilderness.com/news-rumors/minnesota-wild/watch-fourth-rounder-kiviharju-to-guerin-you-just-got-the-steal-of-the-draft-r30121/

Not much of a Dickinson fan myself, but I had him in the 10-15 range so it was a solid pick. I had Chernyshov ahead of Dickinson at 11, so that was maybe the steal of the draft for me.

But then Sahlin Wallenius, Carson Wetsch, Colton Roberts. Looks like a real solid draft for them all the way through.

On 6/30/2024 at 6:25 PM, WHL rocks said:

Montréal Canadiennes are going to be my 2nd favorite team soon. Love this kid Demidov they drafted. So talented. 

Going to be fun watching that young team grow into a good team. 

I think the big thing for me and Montreal is who is better Demidov and Reinbacher or Michkov and Parekh. Maybe even Michkov and Demidov that would have been really fun!