Aiden Celebrini | D

22 minutes ago, Bonkers said:

Maybe it's not that bad to grow up in the shadow of a star sibbling. Maybe without his brothers talent, he'll develop a great character. I have high hopes for this one.

Like the Benn brothers.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/8/2024 at 10:28 AM, Alexandre said:

Don't know what Patrik Alvin has been doing with Benning's scouting staff. What ever it is, the two drafts he's has had are shaping up to be some of the best ever by the Canuck organization.

He probably listens to them and actually takes their work into consideration.

Unlike, Jim "I only listen to Weisbrod and my jet black hair" Benning. :classic_ninja:

6 hours ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

He probably listens to them and actually takes their work into consideration.

Unlike, Jim "I only listen to Weisbrod and my jet black hair" Benning. :classic_ninja:

We did pick up Jordan Subban. That didn't go anywhere.

5 minutes ago, PureQuickness said:

We did pick up Jordan Subban. That didn't go anywhere.

image.png.2f8d8f36fdd0bbc3cba2e958f2070a59.png

image.png.b5056e98cce93a4ec707d904e4238324.png

Not sure how Benning relates to "picking up" Subban.  He was already in the system before Benning got here, and before Weisbrod came over after fucking around with the Flames.

whatever-shrug.gif

12 minutes ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

Not sure how Benning relates to "picking up" Subban.  He was already in the system before Benning got here, and before Weisbrod came over after fucking around with the Flames.

whatever-shrug.gif

I didn't talk about Benning. This is the problem with this fanbase. They're so OBSESSED with a past GM that they aren't even thinking straight. I could've also mentioned Steve Kariya and Fedor Fedorov. My point being is that lineage is somewhat overrated.

6 minutes ago, PureQuickness said:

I didn't talk about Benning. This is the problem with this fanbase. They're so OBSESSED with a past GM that they aren't even thinking straight. I could've also mentioned Steve Kariya and Fedor Fedorov. My point being is that lineage is somewhat overrated.

del-griffith-yeah-ok-whatever-you-say-em

:classic_rolleyes:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

This fanbase is freaking delusional. Still living in the past. You're proof of that. But SURE SURE, whatever you say.

Edit: Hmm... so now that I scrolled up. I simply replied to the wrong person, which is probably why my reply didn't make sense to you. And why your reply didn't make sense EITHER to mine.

Someone above was talking about player lineage - and so I wanted to say that lineage is overrated: Jordan Subban, Fedor Fedorov, Steve Kariya, and Ian Clarks's son

I still stand by my statement: this fanbase for some reason is unable to let go of the past.

Edited by PureQuickness

4 hours ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

Its pure quickness, or as i would call him, pure nonsense. We all know he's the laughing stock of CFF. Him along with AnnoyingG-oof, Icyhot64 or whatever his name is and ConquestforCondoms. And who can forget Dazzle, the queen of all the Benning fanboys

He claims this fanbase is unable to get over the past and yet Pure quickness seems to try to slide in his boyfriend and his hawk tuah fantasy Jim Benning in every thread in this forum. Its quite hilarious

Edited by filthy animal

2 hours ago, PureQuickness said:

This fanbase is freaking delusional. Still living in the past. You're proof of that. But SURE SURE, whatever you say.

Edit: Hmm... so now that I scrolled up. I simply replied to the wrong person, which is probably why my reply didn't make sense to you. And why your reply didn't make sense EITHER to mine.

Someone above was talking about player lineage - and so I wanted to say that lineage is overrated: Jordan Subban, Fedor Fedorov, Steve Kariya, and Ian Clarks's son

I still stand by my statement: this fanbase for some reason is unable to let go of the past.

Yes because unlike your boyfriend Benning, this fanbase has fond memories of WINNING TEAMS, Gillis, Burke, Quinn, and to a lesser extent (too short of a term) Nonis, we like seeing our teams making it to the playoffs, winning division titles. Thats what happens when you're in a winning era

If you are just into prospects and not actually winning, try joining the Sabres or Utah buttheads, whatever theyre calling themselves. Im sure they'd love to have another contributor like yourself

You can shove that drafting development crap up your ass. This team has no stanley cups, and quite frankly, nobody cares how we get there as long as we win one. Do you watch hockey? Did you watch the Panthers and last years Golden Knights win it? Hows that drafting and development going? Oh thats right , they don't give a shit, fact is they have a cup we don't

uh oh, you're gonna react with that stupid emoticon, so predictable. Are you a 10 year old or something?

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, -dlc- said:

OK folks, let's cool it with the insults. Both those directed at individuals as well as the "delusional fanbase".

We’re all delusional at times 😂. I think passion and delusion walk the same fine line as genius and insane do. 

• Cheers 2

2 hours ago, Northern_Nuck said:

We’re all delusional at times 😂. I think passion and delusion walk the same fine line as genius and insane do. 

Yes, you're right. I think I was right to say that, but perhaps I could've used less offensive and inflammatory language. My tone also could've been less hostile.

• Cheers 1

On 6/20/2024 at 5:48 AM, Bonkers said:

Maybe it's not that bad to grow up in the shadow of a star sibbling. Maybe without his brothers talent, he'll develop a great character. I have high hopes for this one.

We all have high hope for the picks that were drafted IMO, that being said, many will not make it at all to the big show, some may have a cup of coffee and play a few games,; but one comes along every so often that defies the odds and becomes a valuable contributor to either this team or perhaps another team down the road.

Aiden is a BC boy and his brother is an exceptionally skilled player. He is one that I think may exceed expectations compared to most that have been drafted in that round.

Edited by Kootenay Gold

Given how good of shape Aiden is. His performance in College, I think he's going to be a steal regardless of who his brother is.

Aiden Celebrini: 6'1" 190 lbs and still filling out.

Rookies at NCAA don't even usually get much ice time. He still had 6 points in 36 games as a rookie.

Elite Prospects:

"Celebrini has the two main tools of the defensive defenceman " mobility and physicality. He closes down the space of attackers in the neutral zone and engages them quickly in the defensive zone. He's aware. He scans for threats and denies lanes with his stick and defends the net front with his frame."

He's a 6th round pick, and Right Handed. If we get a player that can be relied on to keep the puck out of the net and keep the opposition plastered into the boards.

We've got a steal.

Jordan Subban was 5'9" 182 lbs, yeah he shot right, but he couldn't defend. 4th round pick

Steve Kariya was 5'8" 170 lbs. his best year in the NHL was 19 points. But was great in the AHL, and in Europe. He was undrafted in the NHL

Celebrini plays to his strengths. Jordan didn't.

Finding gems in the late rounds is the key to good drafting.

Add to Aiden seems to be aware of the challenge in front of him, and is determined to make it. I love his effort. Will he have the numbers that Willander does? Probably not.

But I think he's one of the better 6th round picks we've had in a while.

• Like 4

Just days before attending his second NHL development camp, Aiden Celebrini was in Las Vegas, soaking in the special moment among family as his brother Macklin walked the podium to be selected first overall by the San Jose Sharks.

Now, it’s back to business as usual, as he travelled back to his hometown of Vancouver, BC, to report to camp.
With one under his belt to compare, Celebrini was impressed with the smaller, more hands-on approach to this year’s camp. “Yeah, 100 percent. The personal touch you get with a smaller group. I mean, you get that personal connection with coaches too where they can really tweak your game, and tweak what you need to work on. It’s just so much more valuable getting that player-specific relationship. Yeah, it was really well executed, and I couldn’t be happier about the takeaways this week.”

Celebrini is coming off his freshman year at Boston University, where he spent most of his time as the team’s sixth-to-seventh defender. Rather than take that limited role as a negative, the Vancouver native has focused on using that as motivation to continue working on his game. “Obviously, having such a strong d-core last year, it was a real learning year for me. It was a year I took to develop and work on my personal game so that when I do get the opportunity, I am ready to take it.”
Transitioning to the NCAA level is no easy feat, especially when aiming to beat the odds as a sixth-rounder aspiring for an NHL career.
Fortunately, Aiden is not alone in his journey toward becoming a future Vancouver Canuck. Last year, the organization drafted two BU-bound prospects, which included first-round talent Tom Willander.

Aiden and Tom have grown very close since that day, spending time together on and off the ice in Boston. “We’re very close friends,” Aiden shared. “It’s awesome to have him along this process with me because we make each other better. The amount of times we’ve skated just the two of us on our home rink, Agganis [Arena], or texted each other with advice. He’s been a great support system for me through those challenging times for me last year.”
As Canuck-drafted defenders skating among the same core, the two have developed a friendly rivalry. “Before every game, we kind of made it a habit to do the circle drill, where you try to poke the other guy’s puck out of the circle, and it almost turns into a wrestling match. So, yeah, we’ll always find stuff to compete with and have fun with.”

Even in development camp, their competitive spirit naturally came out. “Even in testing yesterday, it almost came to blows, because we were tied for the pull-ups, and he’s convinced that he beat me, but he didn’t. So, yeah, we were both so competitive. That’s what makes each other better, and that’s why we love each other.”
As for Willander, he stands by his claim of victory in their pull-up challenge: “He did not. Just making sure everyone understands, I definitely won the pull-up competition. It’s not even a question about it. I don’t know what everyone else got. I just know I got one more than Aiden. So that’s all I got to say about that.”
Beyond their friendly banter, Willander recognizes the importance of their bond and the support they provide each other. “I tried to be there for him a lot throughout the season. I think we’re close friends, and I think that’s the responsibility you have as a good teammate and as a close friend to just kind of be there for them. It’s tough to get ice time and get the coach to like you, so it’s important to be there for him.”

As both players head back for their sophomore years, expectations are that both will enjoy elevated roles.
For Celebrini, he plans on keeping things simple and focusing on maximizing his summer training to give himself the best edge in September. “Right now, my focus is on doing as much as I can this summer. Squeezing the lemon training-wise and really giving myself the best opportunity to come in and earn a spot to help us get back to that Frozen Four and hopefully win a National Championship.”
Of course, with elevated roles come elevated expectations. With just one goal and six points across 36 games last season, Celebrini has a direct focus on broadening his game and adding another element to his skill set. “My calling card’s my defence. It made my identity in my draft year. But I’m trying to develop that two-way game. I feel like I have a lot of offensive potential and I want to impact the game however way I can. I don’t want to limit myself to a role. So, it’s just kind of working on everything. Just trying to be that well-rounded defenceman that are so impactful in the NHL.”

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
1 minute ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

I know Kev will never give up his TV gig. But damn would I love it if he was a coach in Vancouver. 

I wouldn’t say never.

Once his kids are grown up and out of the house I think he would consider it.

Also depends what happens with Sportsnet and their contract too.

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

18 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

I know Kev will never give up his TV gig. But damn would I love it if he was a coach in Vancouver. 

His Dad lived/lives? here so...who knows. It could be in the cards.Fingers crossed for sure.

• Like 1