(Trade) Sam Lafferty to Vancouver

2 minutes ago, chaoticmonkey said:

Yes that's right. The over the hill team that should be selling vets to go for a proper rebuild. We're perpetually destined to go down this path.

Hate to say it. It would be a better name than Canucks.

But I think Pittsburgh would have a problem with that.

Vancouver Kodiaks? Go with a bear theme?

5 minutes ago, Billabong said:

more savvy cap gymnastics by the Canucks mathematicians 

So, this might just be part of maximizing our LTIR space....bit of a strange trade, thought our depth on bottom 6 was good.

Maybe more injuries than we know of. There's always guys who get hurt in camp, and it's usually the guys we signed during summer to REALLY make us a better team... 😉

2 minutes ago, Devron said:

Caught me off guard, was not expecting a forward pick-up at all 

it would be kinda hilarious if this was all that allvin was up to "feverishly working the phones" instead of trying to find another RD

still, i like lafferty, i think this is a good pickup with minimal cost

at minimum its good asset management, if he produces like he did last year, he would net us a 2nd rounder at the deadline

• Cheers 1

It does look like Lafferty can play all 3 forward position, so I can see the appeal of flexibility and having a 4th liner who can play.

Also, keep in mind the last 5th round pick that actually did something for us was Gaudette, which even getting a player like Gaudette is rare in the 5th round. A 5th is kind of peanuts in the end... although we have had  some luck specifically with 5th rounders over the years.

Edited by The Lock
  • Cheers 1