(Trade) Sam Lafferty to Vancouver

12 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

McWard and Aman are both waiver exempt I believe.

Fans need to not sweat so much. There’s literally a room full people thinking about every move they need to make. 😂

There is in parliament as well, and over half of an entire country bitches about that

16 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

I don’t understand the trade because after sending wolinan and studnicka down we are still around 600-700k over the cap that’s with minimum roster of 20 + 2 that’ll be place on ir. We can send 2 more down before opening day with the 2 injured guy and place them down after opening day to ltir and then recall players to be compliant but we don’t have anyone that is waiver exempt to send down. So we risk losing them? Or we can operate above the cap limit with ltir.. but instead of having poolman and mikeyhev full ltir relieve we would only get 600k or whatever we are over the cap by. 

poolman and mikehyev counts against the cap until they are placed on ltir. So they need to figure out a way to get below prior to placing them on ltir.. for the start of the season 

They don’t need to be cap compliant and then put Poolman on LTIR.  That is a myth that has been around for a while.

They can put him on LTIR and replace him at the same time to be over the cap, but use as much of his LTIR as possible.

This move was reportedly about being as close to the cap as possible for the start of the season to maximize his LTIR space.

• Cheers 1

10 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Fans need to not sweat so much. There’s literally a room full people thinking about every move they need to make. 😂

Agreed. The moves over the last few days will combine with decisions made on Monday to a) get the Canucks under the cap and b) leave the Canucks in the best possible cap position the current management can envision -- probably maximizing LTIR space.

They could put Brisebois on SOIR either Mikheyev or Soucy may go on LTIR. Or maybe there is a trade coming. Unlike with the Benning regime, I have a lot of confidence in this management team to make smart decisions with respect to cap management.  It is not easy to make up for the bad contracts and bad prospect pool Benning left, but I think this year's team actually looks pretty good.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Pears said:

Kuzmenko - Pettersson - Höglander

PDG - Miller - Boeser

Beauvillier - Suter - Mikheyev

Lafferty - Blueger - Joshua

I think I really like that forward group at full health guys. Best it's looked in years. I think Garland is moved in a package for a RD, as he's clearly the odd man out. 

I like it too - but looking at just the forward group in a vacuum… it was a lot better with Horvat in it

3 minutes ago, Captkirk888 said:

Our problem is NOT trading away late round picks, but rather higher rounds. JB loved to give away our second rounders for much less than Lafferty…. 

Trading away our higher picks is a bigger problem.

But trading away as many mid to late round picks that we do is a problem too.

18 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

mcward and aman are not on the roster/included in the 22 man roster right now.. they either need to get under the 83.5mil or they want to get to exactly 86mil to max poolman's 2.5mil but i prefer them to get under 83.5 otherwise are LTIR pool is capped out at whatever's cap we are over by on opening day regardless of how much you put on LTIR.. i mean they also recalled hirose to the roster so if all calulation is correct we are roughly around 1.5mil over the cap with 12 forward + mik 7 defenceman + poolman and 2 goalie. adding more cap instead of trying to get compliance doesn't seem like the people in the room are thinking about what they need to do to get compliance. feels more like they are happy to be in ltir prior to the start of the season. not that it matters since we are not going to be a major player at the tdl or playoff.. but would suck if we lose a player to ltir but gets 0 cap relief mid season.

this is an amazing pickup. think of it as a fourth round pick for our 5th round pick, but at a time when Pittsburgh was picking great deep rounds.

But the thing I like the most is getting a Toronto player who was underutilized and under motivated and I think looking at his junior years, with the right line he can do anything.

I dont know how they do the cap space but the Soucy deal was a waste, this one is not.

Maybe Miller and Boeser upped the value of PDG so much another team will take PDG and Beau for a 2 round pick

30 minutes ago, Provost said:

They don’t need to be cap compliant and then put Poolman on LTIR.  That is a myth that has been around for a while.

They can put him on LTIR and replace him at the same time to be over the cap, but use as much of his LTIR as possible.

This move was reportedly about being as close to the cap as possible for the start of the season to maximize his LTIR space.

yes but you'll get 0 LTIR relief for the rest of the season as you won't be able to go above whatever poolman's LTIR is.. say we are at 86mil with poolman and then place him on LTIR our season's max LTIR is 2.5mil let say later on boeser is on LTIR.. we stick his 6.75mil on ltir.. but we don't actually gain 6.75mil to use because we started the season over the LTIR and we won't accure any unused cap space for the entire season. so it's not going to be like the golden knights stone goes on LTIR and then they spend all of stone's cap hit at the TDL and get stone back for the playoff.. it'll be boeser goes on LTIR but we can't spend any of boeser's cap hit because we started the season over the cap. his cap hit is unusable. i believe once the season started and you are over the cap limit prior to placing players on LTIR. it doesn't matter if you get below the cap limit later on in the season. you still will not accrue any unused LTIR space.

Edited by wai_lai416

26 minutes ago, nzan said:

I like it too - but looking at just the forward group in a vacuum… it was a lot better with Horvat in it

Horfat wallet was padding his stats and playing selfishly. Glad we got rid of the puck sucker when we could. He was softer than Sutter while he was here. Need the chaos giraffe to go next 5'8 Yammamoto kicked his ass the other night! Get rid of all the stains Allvin and cure me from my PBSD

7 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

yes but you'll get 0 LTIR relief for the rest of the season as you won't be able to go above whatever poolman's LTIR is.. say we are at 86mil with poolman and then place him on LTIR our season's max LTIR is 2.5mil let say later on boeser is on LTIR.. we stick his 6.75mil on ltir.. but we don't actually gain 6.75mil to use because we started the season over the LTIR and we won't accure any unused cap space for the entire season. so it's not going to be like the golden knights stone goes on LTIR and then they spend all of stone's cap hit at the TDL and get stone back for the playoff.. it'll be boeser goes on LTIR but we can't spend any of boeser's cap hit because we started the season over the cap. his cap hit is unusable. i believe once the season started and you are over the cap limit prior to placing players on LTIR. it doesn't matter if you get below the cap limit later on in the season. you still will not accrue any unused LTIR space.

i am not sure I can even follow what you are saying.

Yes we can use all of Poolman’s LTIR because we would have maximized it on day one of the season.

You can get more LTIR if another player gets injured.  So we could get more if Boeser got injured.

In no circumstance when you are into LTIR can you accrue cap space.  That is why teams don’t want to be in LTIR.  You can’t accrue unused LTIR to spend later like you can regular cap space.

I'm surprised there's so many poopy shorts around here about this trade. We got harder to play against for a 5th. I see the value in all draft selections so that's not lost on me. Still its just a 5th and we can probably recoup that later. The stakes are higher than ever this year to improve and i wouldnt be surprised to see another trade in the near future. If the Nucks don't do well, say goodbye to Petey. Management has to be aggressive. We will succeed. All in mho of course. Gnight boys and girls!

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1