(Trade) Sam Lafferty to Vancouver

1 minute ago, canuck73_3 said:

Stawns has been trading him for 4 years now so I doubt it. Especially now that the guy who wants out could replace Boeser's production with zero proof of being able too. 

Yeah, if what we've been hearing is true, Garland should definately be the priority for trading. No sense in having a player who would rather be elsewhere. Might as well keep a Boeser who's really shown that he wants to stay here.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

On 10/11/2023 at 8:51 AM, BC_Hawk said:

Garland could surpass that number IF he played with consistent larger line mates in the Top 6. His talent is through the roof...he is just short.

Boeser, big guy that plays with no intensity. Used to have a great shot....it disappeared in 21/22....was MIA last year too. Hopefully it was his wrist injury, but I doubt it. Every shift looks like a pregame skate for him.

Shot looked fine last night

2 minutes ago, The Lock said:

Yeah, if what we've been hearing is true, Garland should definately be the priority for trading. No sense in having a player who would rather be elsewhere. Might as well keep a Boeser who's really shown that he wants to stay here.

Trading Brock at his low value made zero sense and with him being rejuvenated with his stay here and Garland wanting out trading him makes less than zero sense.

• Cheers 3

1 hour ago, The Lock said:

Hold up now... ONLY FREEDMAN is saying Garlund wants out.

Maybe his new agent wants to shop him but that doesnt mean Garlund wants out.... he just shouldnt be on a 3rd line unless we get some action out of the likes of podz and hogz.

I personally never had issues with Myers, Garlund, Boeser, or even OEL.

Myers is looking Great with Cole, other than the over the glass penalty but TO BE FAIIIRRR that was the mcdavid dryercycle line

Just now, Tusk said:

Hold up now... ONLY FREEDMAN is saying Garlund wants out.

Maybe his new agent wants to shop him but that doesnt mean Garlund wants out.... he just shouldnt be on a 3rd line unless we get some action out of the likes of podz and hogz.

I personally never had issues with Myers, Garlund, Boeser, or even OEL.

Myers is looking Great with Cole, other than the over the glass penalty but TO BE FAIIIRRR that was the mcdavid dryercycle line

Reread the 1st part of my paragraph: "If what we've been hearing is true..."

I'm not claiming to know anything, I'm more basing things on that if. lol

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2

4 minutes ago, The Lock said:

Reread the 1st part of my paragraph: "If what we've been hearing is true..."

I'm not claiming to know anything, I'm more basing things on that if. lol

Did you notice Freedman between periods bragging about Petey's pass but doesn't even mention Boeser or Garlund. And Garlund had to take the pass backhand forehand in about .2 seconds.

Just now, Tusk said:

Did you notice Freedman between periods bragging about Petey's pass but doesn't even mention Boeser or Garlund. And Garlund had to take the pass backhand forehand in about .2 seconds.

It's certainly interesting to look at what analysts cherry pick at times. I don't know if I'm willing to go conspiratorial about it though. If it were any other pundit, would we be pointing the same thing out? Just because it's Friedmann not talking about Boeser or Garland and Friedmann talking about potential trades, the correlation does not necessarily mean causation. lol

• Cheers 1

So, really happy with this trade, but seems a little strange that the ONLY trade we managed to do, right at the start of the season put us in position where we need to start doing emergency callups lol.

Allvin must be burning through his long distance calling plan right now, looking to move someone...

1 hour ago, VegasCanuck said:

So, really happy with this trade, but seems a little strange that the ONLY trade we managed to do, right at the start of the season put us in position where we need to start doing emergency callups lol.

Allvin must be burning through his long distance calling plan right now, looking to move someone...

It was more emergency put-downs than callups. If we had dressed 12 and 7 of regular lineup we would have been way over cap.

Instead we had 11 forwards and 6 D, two of the d are AHL

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, The Lock said:

I hope it isn't a race for the exit.

Which it doesn't exactly appear to be...after that display by those two in particular. 

1 hour ago, VegasCanuck said:

17 minutes ago, Tusk said:

It was more emergency put-downs than callups. If we had dressed 12 and 7 of regular lineup we would have been way over cap.

Instead we had 11 forwards and 6 D, two of the d are AHL

I wonder if Demko leaving early was also part of the Cap Math where DeSmith is a quarter of Demko Cap hit.

Do we have any Cap expert people who can help explain?

36 minutes ago, lionized27 said:

I hope it isn't a race for the exit.

Which it doesn't exactly appear to be...after that display by those two in particular. 

I think anything mentioned of a "race to the exit" would be merely conspiratorial at this point. All we know is about the Canucks allowing Garland's agent to talk to other teams. If we take that at face value, it merely means his agent is allowed to talk to other teams. lol The why part we don't really know all that well. It's easy to think he wants out, but what if it means he just wants to see what's out there?

Edited by The Lock

17 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

He puked in his mask 

Im glad you believed that... 

Just now, Tusk said:

Dehydration....

1 minute ago, Tusk said:

Dehydration....

Edmonton kept Eckholm out due to his 6million cap cost, to be compliant. I think we had to sit out 2 players and it wasnt quite enough.

The Cap is calculated game per game. I wonder if we get another LTIR like Soucy added, or a Beauvilliar trade.

4 minutes ago, Tusk said:

Dehydration....

Edmonton kept Eckholm out due to his 6million cap cost, to be compliant. I think we had to sit out 2 players and it wasnt quite enough.

The Cap is calculated game per game. I wonder if we get another LTIR like Soucy added, or a Beauvilliar trade.

Cap counts on the bench and on the ice for goalies. 

Zero cap relief in changing goalies mid game. 

• Cheers 2

3 hours ago, The Lock said:

It's certainly interesting to look at what analysts cherry pick at times. I don't know if I'm willing to go conspiratorial about it though. If it were any other pundit, would we be pointing the same thing out? Just because it's Friedmann not talking about Boeser or Garland and Friedmann talking about potential trades, the correlation does not necessarily mean causation. lol

If Boeser and Garlund  and Myers go to Calgary like Markstrom, Tanev and Tofoli..... I mean, you start to get suspicious is all I am saying....

1 minute ago, Tusk said:

If Boeser and Garlund  and Myers go to Calgary like Markstrom, Tanev and Tofoli..... I mean, you start to get suspicious is all I am saying....

I think we should start a Freedman/Shorthouse thread VS a Bieska/Garrett thread LOL.

35 minutes ago, Tusk said:

Dehydration....

We called up Studmuffin and will have a full roster and be cap compliant. 

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Tusk said:

Dehydration....

Cap is calculated daily, not by game. There is no cap implication for Demko coming out of the game early.

1 hour ago, Tusk said:

Yeah CapFriendly has Studmiffin cap listed as 0 which seems oddly accurate

That is because he's an emergency call up. The Canucks had to play short the one game to qualify, but it allows them to bring up someone without adding cap - which they would have done already if they had the storage to do so.

Nice to see Lafferty get his first point, he seemed solid in a lopsided effort. Let's hope we see that side fairly consistently.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3