(Trade) Sam Lafferty to Vancouver

16 minutes ago, DrJockitch said:

He is big, right shot and kills penalties. 
Dries is none of those things. 
They are both forwards but that is a pretty thin association 

Anything that keeps Dries in the AHL where he belongs is a good thing.  Dries is worse than useless and does literally nothing to help a team.

1 minute ago, King Heffy said:

Anything that keeps Dries in the AHL where he belongs is a good thing.  Dries is worse than useless and does literally nothing to help a team.

I mean, no, he's not useless. He was scoring a bunch last year, just not a fit on a team that already is filled with smaller guys who are soft. So yes, maybe useless to our team right now, but a good depth call up when needed.

Massive win!

Hey Jim take notes, this is how one can get a vet right handed centre for a 5th rounder and 1.15 aav…

vs

That Jay Beagle UFA signing at 4y, 3 mil aav was such a disaster! 

Alvin n co. Knows what they are doing. We are going to turn some heads this year! Great trade and very little risk! 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

14 minutes ago, Trebreh said:

Kuzmenko - Petey - Mikheyev
DGP - Miller - Boeser
Beauvillier - Suter - Garland
Blueger - Lafferty - Joshua

our bottom 6 looks solid.

That actually looks like a team that can compete with either a highly skilled team (shot suppression) or a shut down team (enough skill in the top 9 and can grit out a win 1-0 or 2-1

• Huggy Bear 1

12 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Weird how you endlessly whine about a fifth round pick. Name me an impact player from the last draft in the fifth round right now, I’ll wait. 

No shit.

Most picks beyond the top 15 or so picks in the first round become absolutely fuck all.

https://dobberprospects.com/2020/05/16/nhl-draft-pick-probabilities/

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, canuck73_3 said:

He’s a good filler that can chip in offensively at least. Fine as a call up. 

Not even close to fine.  He was absolute trash last year and is another Megna/Ebbett/Petan.  He had absolutely no place in an NHL lineup under any circumstances.  The team is better off playing 11 forwards than letting that bum play a single shift.

2 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

I know! Personally, I don't care for the trade. However, the cost was very cheap and I'm just hoping and praying he turns into a decent top 9 forward watching those babies cry will be glorious!!!

Agreed with this. A 5th rounder for a player on pace to have a reasonably higher PPG percentage than someone like Motte and also had a record season last season, so he could even get better potentially.

Anyone against this is baffling to me. Like sure, we lost a late round pick. The benefits far outweigh the cost.

• Cheers 3

1 hour ago, MeanSeanBean said:

Yeah, everybody, stop voicing your opinions on a fan forum for voicing your opinions!

Lmao, great to have a space to voice opinions but why is it with Canuck fans it’s always “the sky is falling “. Chicken little reference. The majority state you never heard of him,so that means he’s garbage?

12 minutes ago, The Lock said:

Or, in most cases, they don't develop into an NHLer, especially the case after the 2nd or 3rd round.

That's why you want picks in volume.

We have one of the worst prospect pools in the league, along with a team that can't even make the playoffs.

Yet we keep repeating the same mistakes. Maybe it's time the Canucks management change how they approach things...

2 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Not even close to fine.  He was absolute trash last year and is another Megna/Ebbett/Petan.  He had absolutely no place in an NHL lineup under any circumstances.  The team is better off playing 11 forwards than letting that bum play a single shift.

Disagree there and that level of vitriol for a call up level player is just weird to me. 

• Cheers 3
  • Vintage 1

21 minutes ago, Trebreh said:

Kuzmenko - Petey - Mikheyev
DGP - Miller - Boeser
Beauvillier - Suter - Garland
Blueger - Lafferty - Joshua

our bottom 6 looks solid.

That actually looks like a team that can compete with either a highly skilled team (shot suppression) or a shut down team (enough skill in the top 9 and can grit out a win 1-0 or 2-1

• Huggy Bear 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, Master Mind said:

That's why you want picks in volume.

We have one of the worst prospect pools in the league, along with a team that can't even make the playoffs.

Yet we keep repeating the same mistakes. Maybe it's time the Canucks management change how they approach things...

The goal is to get better in the regular season. This move does that. 

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Hogs and Podz said:

Woops double post!!!

Anyway... I'll add.  This team might actually be hard to play against this year!!!!  When was the last time we could say that?

Edited by Hogs and Podz
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Hogs and Podz said:

Agreed. That actually looks like a decent NHL lineup, and I'm confident in management to continue to address needs and to take action when needed.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Disagree there and that level of vitriol for a call up level player is just weird to me. 

He's not a call up level player though.  He's a leave in the AHL no matter what level player.  There's no excuse for allowing that plug to dress for a game; you need to have guys available in the minors who can play without embarrassing the franchise like Dries does.

Edited by King Heffy