(Trade) Sam Lafferty to Vancouver

4 minutes ago, MeanSeanBean said:

The last decade of Canucks hockey has been ripe the mismanagement, under  achievement, and sorely lacking in prospects given our position for this long. I think the general fan base has every right to skeptical when we see more assets being moved for players in positions it feels like our team has enough of. 

Personally I thought Studnicka showed petty well. Particular after we traded a 5th round draft pick for him last year. Now we are trading another 5th round draft pick for his replacement this year. 

It's not necessarily about the player, it's about the principal.

Name a 5th round pick that has been a difference maker for a team

41 minutes ago, BarneyKook said:

Miller spending a good chunk of this Sunday morning on the internet looking up Rogain

"So... Brock... is that like, tea tree rosemary shampoo you use... or....? No no, not for me, I'm asking for... Horvat, yeah Horvat. You saw his hairline... right?"

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Master Mind said:

At some point yes, I don't think we're at that point yet.

If we establish ourselves as a playoff team, it'd be understandable to make this type of move.

Doing these moves to become a playoff team, I think is us trying to take shortcuts.

No team builds entirely through the draft, much less through 5th rounders. So it is a bizarre reaction to this move. 

If we acquired him for a 2nd you’d have a valid point here. 

The actual deal that happened is fair and not worth the crying. 

Just now, Johnny said:

Name a 5th round pick that has been a difference maker for a team

Already addressed this in depth... but Gustav Forsling comes to mind...on our team defense... Carson Soucy? Want to think local? Jamie Benn? Oh, a forward on our team? Connor Garland?

• Cheers 2

Just now, Wing said:

I get it's only a 5th round pick bu I thought we needed depth on defense.

JR and PA just likes to bring in every staff and player that was once or still with the pens organization.

Just because the need is a top 4 right d doesnt mean you cant make a trade to improve the roster

6 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Character issues and handicapping the team for a decade with his incompetence?  He's clearly demonstrated that he needs to be fired and is reasonable for people to criticize that dirtbag.  He's worse than a nobody and needs to be ran out of town for the good of the franchise.

3 Cups. End of story. 

1 minute ago, Wing said:

I get it's only a 5th round pick bu I thought we needed depth on defense.

JR and PA just likes to bring in every staff and player that was once or still with the pens organization.

The way I see it, just because you need the most improvement somewhere, it doesn't mean you deny improving everywhere else when opportunities arise. It would be counter-productive at that point as by the time you address one area, another area is probably dwindling more than it needed to be.

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, Sophomore Jinx said:

Agreed, it is a good thing....except when coaches like Willie D whisper in to GM's like Jimmy B - "Hey Jim, there's this kid I coached in the 'Hat, you're really gonna like him. Linden Vey."  😅

That's a good point. But I think if you hire a coach that deploys a particular style of game you should try to give them players they feel comfortable deploying. True it doesn't always work. I'm hoping for the  best.

• Cheers 1

Just now, MeanSeanBean said:

Already addressed this in depth... but Gustav Forsling comes to mind...on our team defense... Carson Soucy? Want to think local? Jamie Benn? Oh, a forward on our team? Connor Garland?

Ok

so Jamie Benn is the only one that has really been a difference maker.

Having a proper legit 4th line for the canucks can be the difference maker this year

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

It's funny watching people get so serious and argue about stupid shit. Should be an Olympic Sport. 

It's a sports discussion board where people are engaging in sports discussion. Have you thrown your hat in the ring, because so far only recall you bitching about people having a sports discussion.

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

Alright I’m coming around. Don’t care much about the 5th round pick just didn’t understand the move.

Gives us some versatility on forward. Can play all positions. 4 SHG with Chicago last year. If this improves our PK and bottom six. I’m in 

• Cheers 2

4 minutes ago, Master Mind said:

All wasted assets that many people knew immediately.

Yeah, no.

And hey good for them they have opinions! Opinions are like assholes, afterall. Everyone's got one. That stuff is like the Contrarian Olympics. Gotta win that gold medal of toxicity. The funny part is even when these "many people" are right they're usually right for all the wrong fucking reasons. lol.

Secondly, I really like that you sidestepped the rest of my comment there...you know.... the IMPORTANT stuff to discuss?

The trade is fine.

It's a big fat nothing issue.

• Confused 1
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, -AJ- said:

Joshua already fills that niche. Over 50% in the dot and a natural C, but for some reason, we don't use him in that role.

Joshua sucks. He is a friendly giant that everyone falls in love with because of his size but Hughes plays with more sandpaper than Joshua 

1 minute ago, MeanSeanBean said:

It's a sports discussion board where people are engaging in sports discussion. Have you thrown your hat in the ring, because so far only recall you bitching about people having a sports discussion.

Lol ... ooooh, look at you getting fired up about stupid shit. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

It's funny watching people get so serious and argue about stupid shit. Should be an Olympic Sport. 

Yes, because we shouldn't have opinions to argue about and all sing koombaya instead?

I get what you're saying, but I think you're forgetting what a discussion board is in the 1st place.

• Cheers 1

Just now, Johnny said:

Ok

so Jamie Benn is the only one that has really been a difference maker.

Having a proper legit 4th line for the canucks can be the difference maker this year

Pardon me? Connor Garland costs us a 9th overall pick. Carson Soucy was a big part of us rebuilding out D. Forsling was a legit top 4 man on a team that went to the finals....

if your question was what 5th round pick went on to become stars you should have said so. Sergi Zubov? Alexander Mogilny? Krill Kaprizov? 

2 minutes ago, Devron said:

Alright I’m coming around. Don’t care much about the 5th round pick just didn’t understand the move.

Gives us some versatility on forward. Can play all positions. 4 SHG with Chicago last year. If this improves our PK and bottom six. I’m in 

we seem to have significant SHG potential…

JTM, Petey, Mikheyev, Suter, Blueger, Lafferty

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1