(Trade) Sam Lafferty to Vancouver

59 minutes ago, cripplereh said:

Guess you are a Brock guy then eh.

Me we have the guy years of mediocre play and every year he says he'll do better LOL.

His days are numbered.

Last year his agent had half a year to find a trade , guess what nobody wants him.

With the cap going up next year he should be able to be traded and that's when it happens.

I understand, but Bogosian is literally a slightly shittier version of Schenn lol. You're not trading a 30 goal scorer for Zach Bogosian

• Cheers 1

9 hours ago, MeanSeanBean said:

Not technically, but Myrenberg was a very recent 5th round pick. If anything you could argue his stock had actually increased in his short time with the organization and he was probably worth a little more then the 5th we invested to get him.

But sure, if we are going to talk semantics, you are correct. I felt it was pretty self explanatory to just call Myrenberg a 5th though and everyone else understood and accept it without needing explanation.

Thanks for the explanation……………………………

signed,

everyone else.

1 hour ago, ROBsolete said:

Canucks Fan: We need to be harder to play against.

Canucks: *makes trade to address that with a low draft pick*

Canucks Fan: Not like that! 

Canucks Fans: We need power FWD

Canucks draft Virtanen

Canucks Fans: We need D

Canucks draft Juolevi. 

• Haha 2
  • ThereItIs 1

Sam Lafferty has a great name. That's gotta count for something!  All kidding aside, he's going to add that grit and the ability to kick some but!

The Canucks have been woefully missing that element for a long time. Thinking Rick Tocchet  may have had a we bit of input to this signing.

I'm sure / I hope, Sam will be able to open up some space for our mighty snipers. 

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, Rip The Mesh said:

Sam Lafferty has a great name. That's gotta count for something!  All kidding aside, he's going to add that grit and the ability to kick some but!

The Canucks have been woefully missing that element for a long time. Thinking Rick Tocchet  may have had a we bit of input to this signing.

I'm sure / I hope, Sam will be able to open up some space for our mighty snipers. 

His name is Laffy Taffy

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, cripplereh said:

Guess you are a Brock guy then eh.

Me we have the guy years of mediocre play and every year he says he'll do better LOL.

His days are numbered.

Last year his agent had half a year to find a trade , guess what nobody wants him.

With the cap going up next year he should be able to be traded and that's when it happens.

Brock is only mediocre if your expectation is the performance of a guy making 7+ a year. 

I have serious trouble understanding why the guy has such committed haters.  He’s a very solid top six winger who is complimentary to the guys around him. His biggest problem is being injury prone but even with that, he’s got four 20 goal seasons (he’s only been in the league for six). 

the only thing I can gather is people expected him to be a perennial 40 goal guy based on his rookie season and they’re upset he’s never been that. 

I for one am perfectly fine with what Brock is. 

• Cheers 2

5 minutes ago, Dizzle said:

Brock is only mediocre if your expectation is the performance of a guy making 7+ a year. 

I have serious trouble understanding why the guy has such committed haters.  He’s a very solid top six winger who is complimentary to the guys around him. His biggest problem is being injury prone but even with that, he’s got four 20 goal seasons (he’s only been in the league for six). 

the only thing I can gather is people expected him to be a perennial 40 goal guy based on his rookie season and they’re upset he’s never been that. 

He's a similar type player to Brett Hull (although not as skilled), but has never had an Oates or a Janney who can feed him the puck.

• Cheers 1

13 minutes ago, Dizzle said:

So sub par 30 goals and slow is a good top 6 player?

Brock has played like a third line player on playoff teams.

Why do you think no team would trade for him??

A slow third line player are a dime a dozen.Plus most get paid way less last year and years before.

Maybe next year when the cap goes up we can trade him as third line guys will be paid close to what he gets.

Wow this conversation went south since I been here. I mean, Bear is awesome and cheap.

but this convo is about a forward who plays LW, RW and C and you guys are talking defense again? Geez man. Ya we want Bear. But if we are paying Soucy 3 mill per year, isnt Bear worth like 5 or 6 million? from what I have seen?

Its a stupid conversation. We need Bear back if healthy, and I want Soucy to have Pearson's doctor for LTIR reasons.

am i on the wrong post ha ha. Now I see we are trying to say Boeser is not worth his salt. Geez what a fanbase we have. I mean. people, check the points. Brock is the guy that gets stuff done while the Elliot Idiots of the world say he isnt playing his worth

5 minutes ago, Tusk said:

Wow this conversation went south since I been here. I mean, Bear is awesome and cheap.

but this convo is about a forward who plays LW, RW and C and you guys are talking defense again? Geez man. Ya we want Bear. But if we are paying Soucy 3 mill per year, isnt Bear worth like 5 or 6 million? from what I have seen?

Its a stupid conversation. We need Bear back if healthy, and I want Soucy to have Pearson's doctor for LTIR reasons.

Soucy is twice the player Bear was at his best.

So Near should get 1 mill a year for another team as his time here was done after last season.

9 minutes ago, cripplereh said:

Soucy is twice the player Bear was at his best.

So Near should get 1 mill a year for another team as his time here was done after last season.

i am 98 percent sure you cannot back that up. Unless you are Soucys mom and got it going on.

34 minutes ago, cripplereh said:

So sub par 30 goals and slow is a good top 6 player?

Brock has played like a third line player on playoff teams.

Why do you think no team would trade for him??

A slow third line player are a dime a dozen.Plus most get paid way less last year and years before.

Maybe next year when the cap goes up we can trade him as third line guys will be paid close to what he gets.

#32 for RWs in points last year is a low end first liner/high end second liner, not a third liner.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1