[Waivers] October 8, 2023

Soucy just labeled “week to week.”

That has to light a bit of a fire under management, they know how important a good start is.  

I like bringing up Hirose. 

Do we go:

Hughes-Hronek

Cole-Myers

Hirose-Bogosian / Coughlan

Or gut it out with

Hirose-Juulsen

Or

Hughes-Juulsen

Cole-Hronek

Hirose-Myers

???

Coaches and management have their work cut out for them 

Bogosian played half of the games last year, I know he's old, slow and 33 but still brings a lot to the table. Probably very similar to Irwin though, just bigger and more physical. Coughlan though...wow, he's still only 25, big young RD and I'm surprised someone's pushed him out in Carolina.

Both are decent, deep defences but I'd worry there's a reason both were waived. I'd go for Coughlan over Bogosian purely based on age. Bogo probably is the better defenceman right now who could slot right into our team, but Coughlan's potential upside is huge.

I doubt we pick either though. Can't remember the last time we made a waiver claim so surely we're high up on the pecking order?

4 hours ago, -AJ- said:

Lafferty replaces Studnicka I guess? I figured Joshua and Aman would take the spots, but I guess they want Joshua/Aman to fight to avoid being the 13th forward.

Also a bit concerned that Wolanin will be claimed. Not really a fan of keeping Juulsen and Brisebois with the NHL club. Wolanin is considerably better IMO.

Not this year he has looked bad.

• Cheers 1

15 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

I have to imagine all the clamoring for Bogosian in here must be people living 10 years ago. The guy is a fringe nhler.

So was Schenn before we claimed him.

Twice lucky? Doubtful but looking at our bottom pair right now should make fans a little concerned.

2 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

So was Schenn before we claimed him.

Twice lucky? Doubtful but looking at our bottom pair right now should make fans a little concerned.

I mean that's a fair point, but is it really worth the waiver claim? While you are correct, there should be a reason for concern, but I just don't know if he solves that concern. I mean if he was on the roster I would still have concern about the bottom pair

4 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Surprised it took so long for someone to mention him.

6’4” 215lb RHC who’s only 23. Seems like he just found his game at the AHL last season.

Upgrade over Aman or Joshua?

kid went beast mode in the playoffs during his draft year. I remember thinking pretty highly of him. 

• Cheers 1

I find Wolanin is a strange case - he looks world class in the A, but barely got a look in at camp. He is a career AHL'r i guess but something management must not like there. 

I'd take a flyer on Lavoie - We can't fit him in now, with all the over paid crud on our roster, sure someone will, Liked him in his draft year. He looked good against us as well. 

4 hours ago, aGENT said:

They added Orlov and DeAngelo this summer to Slavin, Burns, Skej, Pesce, Jones and Chatfield....

Probably the deepest D core in the league (and a solid D prospect pool too).

ah I see.. I'm surprised they didn't try to trade him or couldn't get anything for him.

4 hours ago, aGENT said:

They added Orlov and DeAngelo this summer to Slavin, Burns, Skej, Pesce, Jones and Chatfield....

Probably the deepest D core in the league (and a solid D prospect pool too).

Slavin      Burns

Orlov       Pesce

Skjei        Deangelo

Jones      Chatfield

That is a sick dcore.  The best in the league for sure.  They have to be the cup favourites I would say...