[Waivers] October 8, 2023

3 minutes ago, NoCupSyndrome said:

Opening day cap requirements might be limiting their movements no? I think Toc said that the only reason studnicka went down is because of the cap...two injured (non-LTIR) dmen caused some issues.

Yes, I could see us not making a claim. 

10 minutes ago, NoCupSyndrome said:

Opening day cap requirements might be limiting their movements no? I think Toc said that the only reason studnicka went down is because of the cap...two injured (non-LTIR) dmen caused some issues.

Who’s the other injured D man? Brisebois?

If there’s a player they like I’m sure they can make it work.

Just now, MeanSeanBean said:

Why would Hirose be on LTIR?

actually im wrong, im not MLL ok... i sometimes have trouble reading the depth chart and thought it said they were injured... Brisebois will likely be placed On SOIR, i just dont know how many "days" they were on the roster to confirm this... i can look it up

• Tank 1

3 minutes ago, RakuRaku said:

Ok... 10 mins to go... The countdown is on guys!!! Who would've know this could be our season defining moment!!!?

As I understand it the moves they made already are to be compliant. Which means no further additions re: Coghlan.

I felt skipping Bjork was a miss the team shouldn't of wasted. Coghlan im a fan of but again will be a miss.

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

As I understand it the moves they made already are to be compliant. Which means no further additions re: Coghlan.

I felt skipping Bjork was a miss the team shouldn't of wasted. Coghlan im a fan of but again will be a miss.

The poopiest or party poops 😞

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

Roster moves can still be made.

Coghlan makes less than McWard and would be a simple swap of the two.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

Yes,  more than being compliant, being compliant in a way that maximizes their LTIR.  If they "love" a player I am sure they would figure out something by papering guys up or down, but I suspect we have the roster already for day 1.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Huggy Bear said:

I think we have something else in the works for a dman.

If not, we’re set up to take advantage of nearly all of Poolmans LTIR, which should set us up well for the year

Hopefully.

None of these claims would have moved the needle much but I feel like there was some opportunities for upgrades especially in the size and toughness department.

But you’re right I think maximizing LTIR is the most important thing. I think they already have Bear in their plans so they’ll need cap space for him.

• Cheers 1