[Waivers] October 8, 2023

1 hour ago, Attila Umbrus said:

I think we need to at least try to pick him up. We will all get tired of AJ Greer running our guys when we are playing Calgary…I hate that they picked him up. Johnston would be a great deterrent to that.

I know someone who was friends with a trainer that looked at Podkolzin after AJ Greer busted up his eye last season and I saw the pictures.  It wasn't pretty.  

We have a large number of fans that believe that fighting is no longer necessary in this league and that only dinosaurs like Don Cherry care about it.  

It couldn't be further from the truth.  Every teammate that had Reaves played bigger because they knew that they wouldn't have to tussle with the toughest guy on the other team.  

Virtanen came in and tried being physical but then our tough guy at the time (forgot his name) decided that he didn't wanna protect Jake and in turn Jake completely shied away from developing as a power forward.  

Podkolzin tried to play physical and almost lost his eye in that fight with AJ Greer.  It was pathetic that nobody else on our team went after AJ Greer after he beat up a rookie with no fighting experience. 

1 Ross Johnston please.  

As you said, Calgary (and Edmonton, and San Jose, and Vegas) is going to have a field day with our skilled guys if we have Dakota Joshua as the only deterrent. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, cripplereh said:

No why always Bear with people.

He is done here.

Bear did not workout here so why would anyone want him back???

At best he was a 7th to 9th D.

We have other options for that now.

He was working out fine, the only reason he isn't here right now is cause he was hurt. He was playing top 4 mins from the moment they acquired him.

He's a better option than what we have now

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 3

23 minutes ago, AatuD2 said:

I know someone who was friends with a trainer that looked at Podkolzin after AJ Greer busted up his eye last season and I saw the pictures.  It wasn't pretty.  

We have a large number of fans that believe that fighting is no longer necessary in this league and that only dinosaurs like Don Cherry care about it.  

It couldn't be further from the truth.  Every teammate that had Reaves played bigger because they knew that they wouldn't have to tussle with the toughest guy on the other team.  

Virtanen came in and tried being physical but then our tough guy at the time (forgot his name) decided that he didn't wanna protect Jake and in turn Jake completely shied away from developing as a power forward.  

Podkolzin tried to play physical and almost lost his eye in that fight with AJ Greer.  It was pathetic that nobody else on our team went after AJ Greer after he beat up a rookie with no fighting experience. 

1 Ross Johnston please.  

As you said, Calgary (and Edmonton, and San Jose, and Vegas) is going to have a field day with our skilled guys if we have Dakota Joshua as the only deterrent. 

Yeah I remember that. I hated the fact there was no push back. We haven’t had push back in years. No spine whatsoever.

I do think it will be “toughness by committee” this year. But if we add Johnston to the team we have a response for those tough games where a division rival decides to put their goon on the 4th line to cause shit…then we can do the same. It’s nice insurance to have, especially if we are pushing for a play off spot.

Those dirty tactics will come up more and more especially if we are in a dog fight for a wild card spot. Johnston knows his role, he only plays like 30 games a year, and on avg 7-8 mins a night. He isn’t the greatest hockey player but gotta love a guy who knows his role and sticks with it. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, cripplereh said:

No why always Bear with people.

He is done here.

Bear did not workout here so why would anyone want him back???

At best he was a 7th to 9th D.

We have other options for that now.

Hmm. I thought he played pretty well here. Well enough to be added to Team Canada at the World Championships. I know that’s not the who’s who like the olympics, but still…

I think he’s a decent 5-7 dman and a good, fairly cheap option. 

Only red flag for me is his injury, and how long it will take him to recover and be game ready. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Thundernuts said:

Hmm. I thought he played pretty well here. Well enough to be added to Team Canada at the World Championships. I know that’s not the who’s who like the olympics, but still…

I think he’s a decent 5-7 dman and a good, fairly cheap option. 

Only red flag for me is his injury, and how long it will take him to recover and be game ready. 

He wasn't great, but he wasn't terrible. Considering he was playing through the injured shoulder, I'll give him some leeway for being closer to the bottom end of that scale.

If the Canucks feel they can get him for a reasonable deal and he can contribute, I wouldn't say no. Would have to be quite affordable though.

• Cheers 1

44 minutes ago, Outsiders said:

Please claim Johnston!!! PLEASE. 

Joshua is soft. We need actual toughness. 

Tocc is probs in Allvins ear right now

Rutherford and Allvin will know him well. 

Do we have enough cap space to fit him?? I do agree Joshua isn't the answer to take on other enforcers!

10 hours ago, Tusk said:

I cant believe I am seeing people say the KotaJosh is soft where have you been, watching hockey in anahiem?

How many times has he been challenged to fight and doesn't drop the gloves? He fought once in the pre-season last year and tried to pull the blinders over everyone that he was tough and willing. He's nothing but a BFG (big friendly giant). He needs to go. No pretenders. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, RawkDrummer said:

Dakota doesn't excite me as a player.

I'd like to see someone tougher in that spot.

I was really hoping we would pick up Greer.... he'd be a tougher version of Joshua....

Not sure if we got any cap room to fit in Ross Johnston but I don't mind seeing him replace Aman/Joshua

17 minutes ago, RakuRaku said:

I was really hoping we would pick up Greer.... he'd be a tougher version of Joshua....

Not sure if we got any cap room to fit in Ross Johnston but I don't mind seeing him replace Aman/Joshua

Would love Ross Johnson he is exactly the type of player this team needs, the biggest issue is he played the last 5 seasons in the NHL exclusively and has a career high of 32 games played in a season. He might not be dependable enough over 82 games. 

On 10/10/2023 at 2:07 PM, Outsiders said:

How many times has he been challenged to fight and doesn't drop the gloves? He fought once in the pre-season last year and tried to pull the blinders over everyone that he was tough and willing. He's nothing but a BFG (big friendly giant). He needs to go. No pretenders. 

so are you all good now with Joshua? are you also a Boeser Garlund hater?