[Article] Canucks preview: How improved penalty kill can pump up legitimate playoff push

RWJC

12 minutes ago, MikeyD said:

May I ask what NHL team has implemented the Travis Green counter attack, sit in your defensive end and the get too tired to play offense because I just played an extended shift strategy and have had consistent success with it? 

Many teams have been successful playing a defensive first style of system.  And correct me if I'm wrong, TG is the only coach to win a playoff series since 2011, no?

Edited by stawns

I dont think Tocc is planning a Green show, I think he just wants the basic PK to at least be in the top 15? not the bottom, not the top.

I remember when we had the top PK and the top PP, Most points in the season and didnt even make the second round. You all forgot about that right.

We need balance, some big guys, we got the snipes. We got the goalie this time. Starting to get the defense organized and planned.

This is going to be a great year everyone!

24 minutes ago, stawns said:

Many teams have been successful playing a defensive first style of system.  And correct me if I'm wrong, TG is the only coach to win a playoff series since 2011, no?

He also wouldn't have been in the playoffs if it weren't for a technicality lol. 

54 minutes ago, Tusk said:

Well I think you will be pleasantly surprised that we actually beat Edmonton back to back with alot of offense in a few days, or I will eat my words and give you mad props for being so accurate....

Can’t wait to see it

The best I can hope for is a split

We shell see

GCG

2 minutes ago, Silent Man said:

Can’t wait to see it

The best I can hope for is a split

We shell see

GCG

so are you gonna go crazy if we win both? Maybe talk to your doctor cause you might need some prescription... I just have moonshine it works

1 hour ago, Tusk said:

Well I think you will be pleasantly surprised that we actually beat Edmonton back to back with alot of offense in a few days, or I will eat my words and give you mad props for being so accurate....

I'm glad you're enthusiastic, but I don't see a world in where we win back to backs vs the Oilers lol

1 minute ago, Dom said:

I'm glad you're enthusiastic, but I don't see a world in where we win back to backs vs the Oilers lol

Ok, well if we dont win these two, I am sure we will win back to back in the playoffs. But I think both. I have huge respect for Dryes and McDonuts but I have more faith in Demko.

2 minutes ago, Tusk said:

Ok, well if we dont win these two, I am sure we will win back to back in the playoffs. But I think both. I have huge respect for Dryes and McDonuts but I have more faith in Demko.

I sure as hell hope you're right, way too many Oiler fans at work (I live in AB) and I'm going to the Oilers home opener (with Oiler fans of course). 

• Cheers 1

41 minutes ago, stawns said:

I think the fans and Media have overblown the Tocc defense plan.... I think he is fixing the defense while not removing the offense.

Why throw the baby out with the bathwater?

He knows we have great offense and he is not going to change the offense, he is gonna fix the defense which is better than adding more offense

• Vintage 1