(Signing) Jets re-sign Mark Scheifele and Connor Hellebuyck

Makes sense! I imagine it’s pretty hard to attract players to Winnipeg in free agency or trying to get contracts to the players they got. 

unfortunately for Winnipeg they have to pay a lot  to keep some talent 

• ThereItIs 1

9 minutes ago, Snoop Hogg said:

I would still rather live here than in Winnipeg or Edmonton. 

I was only joking around Snoop. I was hoping @moosehead would see my post and then threaten to kill me. I agree with you on Edmonton though. I live in Calgary and cringe Every time I take the kids up to West Edmonton mall. I hate that city lol

Edited by Ryan Strome

1 minute ago, Ryan Strome said:

I was only joking around Snoop. I was hoping @moosehead would see my post and then threaten to kill me. I agree with you on Edmonton though. I live in Calgary and cringe Every time I take the kids up to West Edmonton mall. I hate that city lol

My kids u9 team just announced a tournament in Leduc 

yikes 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Ryan Strome said:

Alf’s in-laws are from Cowpieville. Only good thing about that craperolla city is  Peter’s. 

5 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Edmonton is fantastic city to live in.   I only have been to the mall once, it is a DUMP.

Downtown edmonton is very fun.  Great university.  Whyte ave is cool. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, DeNiro said:

Also they’re both 30 years old…

Yup, not sure how Helle will age. He's elite though, one of the few tenders who definitively is, guess we'll see. Maybe he holds up better. 

Surprised Scheifele stayed, surprised they kept him. Hard to replace though. 

Jets have to pay to keep guys in Winnipig, it was either this or lean towards a rebuild of sorts. 

1 hour ago, Captain insano said:

Everyone saying JT was overpaid 🤣

Ehhh, some folks were arguing he could get more, I was one of them. His current cap hit is good value at the moment, the key phrase being at the moment. Part of the rift over Miller relates to differences in opinion as to how he'll age. I think he'd be less of a polarizing point amongst the fanbase if his deal was only four years long as opposed to seven, lot of folks aren't interested in giving players large dollars late into their 30's. Lot of Jets fans probably feeling this today. 

I'm skeptical of how his deal will age, always was, I would have flipped him for assets. But he's locked in now, we'll have to wait and see. 

Edited by Coconuts
  • Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, JeremyCuddles said:

They will both be 31 when these contract kicks in. Yikes. On the brightside, that Miller contract gets better by the day. Lol.

Yup, they'll both be 38 a couple months before their deals are up if I'm not mistaken.