[Article] NHL reportedly bans Pride Tape for 2023-24 season

RWJC

On 10/9/2023 at 8:27 PM, Sapper said:

For this to be true the nhl would have also.banned any different or special items for all other events as equally distracting

They didn't.  So it is targeted.

At what point do we say enough to expanding religous freedoms so that their will is forced on all of us.

I get it for a very limited few that legitimately have religious conflicts. But the vast majority claiming religion haven't warmed a pew in a very long time

Let those that wish stay in the locker room for warm up but this complete stripping of rights is just that.

Except.....the article quoted by the OP was written by someone that apparently is just ignorant, or pushing their own agenda etc

The updated guidance reaffirms that on-ice player uniforms and gear for games, warmups and official team practices cannot be altered to reflect theme nights, including Pride, Hockey Fights Cancer or military appreciation celebrations. Players can voluntarily participate in themed celebrations off the ice

On 10/11/2023 at 7:51 PM, aGENT said:

The only thing people demanded was that a few people not be allowed to hide behind religion as an excuse for intolerance and bigotry.

That's absurd, just absurd to make any claim you know ehy. Maybe they had a bad experience? Maybe someone in LGBTQ community threatened them etc. 

You know what pride night reminds me of? When members of the LGTBQ community sexually assaulted and harassed me. I've had my arse and genitals grabbed, a penis shoved against my leg, a guy break down and start uncontrollably sobbing because I declined his offer explaining I was straight, a guy try and pull his penis out. What did I do to deserve this? Friends knew the owner of an "inclusive" bar and one of them would do part time bouncer work, and I went along, get some free drinks before we went to our normal place down the street...I'm sure it was my fault because people like you scream at the top of your lungs a straight white man can't be a victim

• Confused 2

17 minutes ago, MeanSeanBean said:

I wept at the part when the guy starting sobbing because someone was straight and then a guy tried to pull his penis out whist a man sobbed uncontrollably. That part really hit home. The world is so cruel sometimes. 

So by "tried"... Like did it get caught in something or? 

• Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, Olli Juolevi said:

Clunky zippers are the only thing standing between us, the peak of civilized society, and a world of unadulterated, rampant homosexuality.

Been there. Life's so hard for us straight men, risk of penises in zippers and overly aggressive homosexuality at every turn. 

• Haha 2
  • Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Bob Long said:

100% happened. 

2 hours ago, MeanSeanBean said:

I wept at the part when the guy starting sobbing because someone was straight and then a guy tried to pull his penis out whist a man sobbed uncontrollably. That part really hit home. The world is so cruel sometimes. 

Is that how the two of you would respond were a woman to allege such incidents occurred? Or someone representing LGBT? 

24 minutes ago, Maninthebox said:

Is that how the two of you would respond were a woman to allege such incidents occurred? Or someone representing LGBT? 

Nope, I would never respond to anyone in such a manner if I felt there was any chance it was a real encounter, doesn't matter gender or sexual orientation.

Edited by MeanSeanBean
  • Cheers 2
  • ThereItIs 1

tbh i think banning pride tape is taking it a bit too far.. you want to ban warm up jersey so player that refuse to wear them won't get the backlash ok that's fine.. but banning hockey tape is a bit too far.. so if i goalie mask have a rainbow on it are they going to ban that too? what about if they have a rainbow colored goalie pads? banning rainbow tape for me is discrimination against the lgqbt.. because it specifically banned pride tape.. not banned all tapes that are not black and white unlike the warmup jersey ban. any punishment for players using pride tape will definitely be challeneged by the nhlpa

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

Another story about Travis:

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/sports/nhl/coyotes-defenseman-defies-nhl-ban/ar-AA1iDI8m?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=f7d71ba7a2174f12bca2baa9a477828f&ei=13

"AA1iDI8f.img?w=534&h=801&m=6&x=275&y=68&

Since the NHL sent out a memo to every team in the league banning the use of Pride Tape no one has defied the ban - until now.

During the Arizona Coyotes and Anaheim Ducks game today, Travis Dermott of the Coyotes was spotted wearing Pride Tape on his stick.

It was only a matter of time until a player stood up to the league on this matter. The CBA states that the player's can wear any color of tape on their sticks. Which creates a loophole should the league try to fine or discipline Dermott in any way.

Pride Tape has always been optional and banning it made very little sense to begin with. We will see if the league decides to do anything about this infraction.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Multi billion dollar league, showing an incredible amount of incompetence, to the world; as a player points out.

5 hours ago, Diamonds said:

Seems like the NHL is realizing they've opened a can of worms they shouldn't have touched.

On the contrary: a group of players openly defying the ban on pride tape carries much more weight than the entire league wearing rainbow warmup jerseys because they're told they're contractually obliged to.

The NHL should always have made LTBTQ support opt-in. Instead, they tried to enforce it leaguewide and made negative headlines when a few people opted out. Kudos to Dermott.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1