[GDT] Edmonton @ Vancouver, Wednesday October 11th, 7pt/10et. Happy Birthday -dlc-!

Chickenspear

Don't like our odds against a fresh McDavid so good test for this new defensive system and structure. If we play Myers on a 2nd pairing against Draisaitl he'll eat us up, Cole can't save him. I think put Hronek on the 2nd pairing and try and spread our wealth. Most importantly it'll be down to our defensive-first centers to try and check their offence-first centers so should be a good matchup. 

I think we take it 4-2. Demko is the difference and hopefully we can slow them down and clog the neutral zone we did in our last preseason game.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

20 minutes ago, Barnstorm said:

Hmmmm,

One day prior to season start and Vancouver has…

Multiple player health problems,

Multiple injury problems,

Roster uncertainty and turmoil,

Difficult schedule.

Looks like everything is in place for the usual start. 

Yeah but, who’s reffing?

• Haha 2
  • ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Don't like our odds against a fresh McDavid so good test for this new defensive system and structure. If we play Myers on a 2nd pairing against Draisaitl he'll eat us up, Cole can't save him. I think put Hronek on the 2nd pairing and try and spread our wealth. Most importantly it'll be down to our defensive-first centers to try and check their offence-first centers so should be a good matchup. 

I think we take it 4-2. Demko is the difference and hopefully we can slow them down and clog the neutral zone we did in our last preseason game.

Maybe trade Myers to the Oilers 🫣

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

That is a great point and what makes Edmonton so dangerous is that one/two punch.  I think this defensive system is the reason why Tock was brought in.  Like it or not we are going to be facing a far superior offence and we can not afford to run and gun with them.  Clogging up the neutral zone and waiting for our chances is our best chance at beating them.  Hopefully we can win the special teams battle.  So far the PK looked good, and the PP could be better in my eyes.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

image.gif.28da8f4b34df11689ce0759649f95645.gif

• Upvote 1

Hope Petey and Kuz don't still have this flu, Kuzmenko was invisible in the last preseason game. Would be nice to at least have an average shot of winning game 1 and not be blaming injuries right away.

I know flus go through all the teams but they sure seem to wipe through the Canucks, even going back to Covid where no other team had a massive issue. This medical team is just so suss.