[GDT] Edmonton @ Vancouver, Wednesday October 11th, 7pt/10et. Happy Birthday -dlc-!

Chickenspear

21 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

Thank you. Couldn't think of a better way to spend it...opening night! Perfect.

Happy birthday! Will be listening for the cowbell!

Are you bringing a “give us our Vintage back” sign to the game?? Or maybe “free Vintage” lol

Cheers, have fun!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Slegr said:

I’m so tired of Sportsnet and other media outlets trashing on the Canucks. Friedman seems to get his jollies from it more and more. He wouldn’t share news like what he did with Garland with any Leaf player.

I’m also sick of the Oilers. I want us to put up a bloody dog fight tomorrow, and if we lose, we lose. But how sweet it will be if we win.

Oh common stop fussing snow flake

1 hour ago, Slegr said:

I’m so tired of Sportsnet and other media outlets trashing on the Canucks. Friedman seems to get his jollies from it more and more. He wouldn’t share news like what he did with Garland with any Leaf player.

I’m also sick of the Oilers. I want us to put up a bloody dog fight tomorrow, and if we lose, we lose. But how sweet it will be if we win.

They’ll expose the Soilers for the assclown academy they are. 

• Cheers 3
  • ThereItIs 1

2 hours ago, Barnstorm said:

1) The team clearly doesn’t manage illness or it’s spread amongst  staff well. It’s been know for days that players sick with flu have been interacting  with others at practises and games. Now they don’t even know how deep it runs amongst the team and staff. 

2) The Canucks have been fully aware of Mikayev’s injury for a year now. They chose to play him for months while injured assuming they had plenty of time for repair/rehab. They got that  wrong too. Not available for training camp , not available for preseason, not available for regular season. Clearly mismanaged. 

3) A bunch of what could have been’s and  let’s hope they got it right’s. 

4) Less than 24 hours prior to opening the season Garland reveals he wants out . That creates turmoil amongst the players. Suddenly , after preaching this team is all about playing for the crest and each other, a supposedly key player ( overpaid at 5m) wants no part of it. Now the team has to accommodate him with top 6 minutes in an effort to move him. 

None of the above circumstances lead to success and the Canucks could have better managed every aspect of it. 

It’s all typical Canucks never ending drama which will contribute to a losing record. 

Well I don't think any team has zero injuries,  just comes with the territory. Irregardless, would you risk Mik coming back too soon from an ACL? We can't change his knee by hindsight and pointing fingers. They've already gotten that memo, I hope.

Our main trades that standout for me, the would've beens and could've beens, are for the bottom 6  They help our PK which I think they do.

As for Gar, we've been trying to trade him for awhile now, which is no secret. He's a decent 50-60 point guy and we're not going to under value him in a trade. He'd be smart to try harder and play his way onto a trade out of here.

I believe our 'success ' will, in reality, be having a balanced line up. We really needed to add more grit in order to keep other teams honest. We need to protect our skill guys. I I really like DeSmith here too. Let's wait 10-15 games then we'll see if your never ending drama phrase fits shall we? I'm hoping otherwise.

Hello CDC. My gf surprised me for my birthday a trip for 2 weeks until the 24th to Italy for my Birthday which was on the 8th of October. My question is does anyone know how to stream the Canucks games while overseas? Thanks in advance Let’s Go Canucks!

And typically enough i start my workperiod tonight and 5 nights forward bein away for 14-15 hrs a day. sux so hard...hope to get a looong extended highlight reel with a bunch of canucks goals and hits.... Petey with 3 points, hughes with 4, miller with the gamewinning goal in PP.  nux win 4-3. 

2 hours ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Well I don't think any team has zero injuries,  just comes with the territory. Irregardless, would you risk Mik coming back too soon from an ACL? We can't change his knee by hindsight and pointing fingers. They've already gotten that memo, I hope.

Our main trades that standout for me, the would've beens and could've beens, are for the bottom 6  They help our PK which I think they do.

As for Gar, we've been trying to trade him for awhile now, which is no secret. He's a decent 50-60 point guy and we're not going to under value him in a trade. He'd be smart to try harder and play his way onto a trade out of here.

I believe our 'success ' will, in reality, be having a balanced line up. We really needed to add more grit in order to keep other teams honest. We need to protect our skill guys. I I really like DeSmith here too. Let's wait 10-15 games then we'll see if your never ending drama phrase fits shall we? I'm hoping otherwise.

Obviously I would not “risk” him coming back early. My point is that he should have been dealt with in proper time to assure a timely return. This management and associated staff are supposed to be well experienced and good at what they do. His absence is a result of their decisions. A month late is a month lost. 

I agree there have been roster improvements however nothing has been proven yet. I want to see ‘success’ as much as you do.

Just for once it would be nice to have the desired players in place to play without distractions of health , injury, questions of loyalty or fit and just play hockey. I think many teams manage to muster those basic elements together to open the year.

There’s a difference between management wanting to trade a player and that player openly sharing that his new agent is working hard to get him out of town. I guarantee that there will be lots talk and questions asked about Garland’s situation tomorrow when the  focus should be on a healthy , happy and planned roster and their ability to gel as a team. Instead , we’re going to have a temporary patchwork and hope for the best. It’s disappointing that management has so many problems  on board after one of the longest off seasons with which to get things ready. 

Lastly, it’s not my never ending drama, it’s the Canucks…every year. Lots of excuses if they fail to win though. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NucksIn50 said:

Hello CDC. My gf surprised me for my birthday a trip for 2 weeks until the 24th to Italy for my Birthday which was on the 8th of October. My question is does anyone know how to stream the Canucks games while overseas? Thanks in advance Let’s Go Canucks!

Internet.  

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Yes, he can't finish. Somethings wrong with his shot. I remember last year and the year before he'd be in the slot and couldn't even hit the net! It was crazy. Wide right by 5 feet? Coaches gotta fix him.

26 goals only in 141 NHL games?!?!

sac re blue

I remember a few guys that hung around for awhile, looked good when playing, but just couldn't crack the roster.   Jose Charbanoue (spelling?), comes to mind.   Tough kid, did the little things right and well,  just couldn't make the best of his chances, or replace guys like Ryan Walter, Antoski, Odjick, Hunter etc.      Harold Druken was another kid I thought had a decent shot.    For his and our sake, hope he does when his next opportunity arises.    Podz too of course.    Agree he's either snake bitten or needs to change his game at this point, not sure he's suitable for the bottom six.   At worst he does provide some depth.   Clearing waivers ... that's an indication of how other team view him too. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, NucksIn50 said:

Thanks. I knew I could count on someone. 🤣

Thanks to my wonderful kids, my sarcasm game has improved dramatically.   Have a great time in Italy, quite the GF!  

Edited by IBatch
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, NucksIn50 said:

I am using NHL.TV for years now. Gotten worse every year but might be an option for your vacation. There is a monthly option for 15$. This would allow you to watch on demand since it will be hard to watch live with the different time zones. Beware of possible blackouts 

I also heard good things about streameast but have not tested it with NHL, only with NFL.