[GDT] Edmonton @ Vancouver, Wednesday October 11th, 7pt/10et. Happy Birthday -dlc-!

Chickenspear

Finally a GDT that matters. 
New season, new challenges. 
Despite signing half a D worth of middling UFAs the D still looks thin and insufficient as does, out of the blue, the wing but centre and goal are looking good.
No perfect team in todays NHL. 
Can EP and QH carry all this baggage through a very tough October?
Would be great for this team to finally be playing meaningful hockey in November. 

Edited by DrJockitch
  • Cheers 1

A clean slate!

The move to Ontario has been fairly eye opening to all the different sports start times. Good thing is I can get Centre Ice and not worry about SportsnetNow or w.e that was the last couple of years. I will be recording then watching the games the morning after because i'm old now and no matter what time my toddler goes to bed, he's still up at the ass crack of dawn. A bit of an adjustment as I won't be able to partake in the majority of GDTs...but I also miss out on all the subway and gambling commercials!

Every year we get to wipe the slate clean and have hope that's not desperate.

They just have to get off to a good start this year, no more playing from behind. 

Already super excited for the game....GCG!!!

• Like 1
  • Huggy Bear 1
  • Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

They just have to get off to a good start this year, no more playing from behind. 

Happy Birthday kid.

Canucks wil win tonight for you.

Go Nucks.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, NucksIn50 said:

Hello CDC. My gf surprised me for my birthday a trip for 2 weeks until the 24th to Italy for my Birthday which was on the 8th of October. My question is does anyone know how to stream the Canucks games while overseas? Thanks in advance Let’s Go Canucks!

Thats awesome

My wife did that a year ago

where are you gonna hang around?

we spent 5 days in Rome then the rest in Tuscany and Sardinia.

• ThereItIs 1

It sort of sucks we have our season opener against McJesus. Not a must win but winning the first game or even just showing a 60 min team effort helps set a good tone. It would take away some attention from all the distractions happening. 

6 minutes ago, Wing said:

It sort of sucks we have our season opener against McJesus. Not a must win but winning the first game or even just showing a 60 min team effort helps set a good tone. It would take away some attention from all the distractions happening. 

Maybe our new guy runs McWhiner Baby through the wall? 

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

Official Request:  to change topic title from GDT Edmonton etc, to HBD Edmonton @ Vancouver etc. 

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEB!!

Thank you for Leading The Charge around here.

Hope you have a great day.

Enjoy the game in person for us stuck-at-home types.

GCG - GO CANUCKS GO!

GDG - GO DEB GO!

Edmonton Fans in Phoenix "Celebrating" Another Loss:  Hope we can put some bags on some Coil Fans in Vancouver tonight!

Anybody coming to the game in Oiler garb gets a free paper bag!

Oiler Fans Having Fun in Phoenix Despite Buzzer Beater (Bags Over Head, GIF)  : r/nhl

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

1 hour ago, -dlc- said:

Happy Birthday Deb ! Cheers n enjoy game

• Huggy Bear 1
  • Vintage 1

Player already wanting out.  Some key signings are injured. Start the year vs the 2 best players in the world on a cup favourite team.  If it wasn’t for bad luck, we wouldn’t have any luck at all.  

But it also wouldn’t be Vancouver hockey if we weren’t the underdogs.  

Here’s to a new season! Let’s shock the world.

• Cheers 1

• Chickenspear changed the title to [GDT] Edmonton @ Vancouver, Wednesday October 11th, 7pt/10et. Happy Birthday -DLC-!
48 minutes ago, Goal_thecup said:

Official Request:  to change topic title from GDT Edmonton etc, to HBD Edmonton @ Vancouver etc. 

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEB!!

Thank you for Leading The Charge around here.

Hope you have a great day.

Enjoy the game in person for us stuck-at-home types.

GCG - GO CANUCKS GO!

GDG - GO DEB GO!

Edmonton Fans in Phoenix "Celebrating" Another Loss:  Hope we can put some bags on some Coil Fans in Vancouver tonight!

Anybody coming to the game in Oiler garb gets a free paper bag!

Oiler Fans Having Fun in Phoenix Despite Buzzer Beater (Bags Over Head, GIF)  : r/nhl

Noted, added to title.🫡

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

• Chickenspear changed the title to [GDT] Edmonton @ Vancouver, Wednesday October 11th, 7pt/10et. Happy Birthday -dlc-!