[GDT] Edmonton @ Vancouver, Wednesday October 11th, 7pt/10et. Happy Birthday -dlc-!

Chickenspear

3 minutes ago, CanucksRookieFan said:

The scary part is how vengeful and powerful Oilers will come out on Saturday, that will be a sight to see 

I hope they blow them out again. Really mess with their Cup aspirations 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Just now, DownUndaCanuck said:

Unreal that Edmonton are getting drubbed and Singh wants to talk about how good McDavid is and that he got everyone to skate early. Bro just got shut down and they're still hyping him up.

It’s our home game. Why don’t we have our own announcers. And why are we always having to delay our feed in some capacity for Eastern games? Just dedicate Sportsnet Pacific to us in those circumstances. I have a hard time understanding the logic behind Sportsnet’s decisions some time. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

7 minutes ago, Wing said:

Neither I think, but we deserved to win this game. We had some puck luck which added to our score, but the team's defensive play was evident all game. Getting 8 goals is nice but it's the good sticks, cutting passes in the lane and persistent forecheck even when we had the big lead - I think that's the key takeaway for me.

Still a lot of games ahead but this is as good as it gets for a season opener. 

Best in 53 years.

• Like 3
  • Cheers 1

• Chickenspear locked this topic
  • Jess unpinned and unfeatured this topic
On 10/11/2023 at 10:45 AM, TheGuardian said:

Garland separating Schenn from Miller ON THE ICE and then Schenn gets traded. An unnecessary and badly thought out OEL buyout that will haunt the team for 8 years, Horvat wanting out, Boeser wanting out, Garland wanting out, EP's lack of enthusiastic endorsement to resign here, the rumours going back years, 4 at least of an issue(s) in the room, multiple coaches all having exactly the same results with the same core players, a 23 yr old inexperienced captain who has never been a captain before (IMO window dressing), players traded away that were needed to be replaced almost immediately (not that Dickinson was a star but a 3rd line center with size, speed and hit). Years of Miller's on ice demeanor showing frustration and giving up by the speed he skates back to the bench or back checks.

OEL demanded a trade because of Tocchet, Tocchet comes here and presto, a buyout with bells on in less than 6 months.

Boeser and Garland, are they so bad no other team wants them? Why not buy out Garland? A much smaller cap hit for half the time. IS neither of them worth anything at half price? Retain on both and create 5+mil in cap space and get something back, anything rather than nothing or bad vibes. 

If two players making millions have requested trades there is definitely a problem, elephant in the room

Trying to sell the drama is so outdated.

Years of Miller's on ice demeanour? LOL. Guy's doing alright by most standards so you're trying to cause smoke/a fire with a wet match.

What a bunch of bs in this post.  Very sekeresy.