[GDT] Edmonton @ Vancouver, Wednesday October 11th, 7pt/10et. Happy Birthday -dlc-!

Chickenspear

11 minutes ago, Disgruntler said:

Hey -- now that the forum is no longer 'official', do we get to let the expletives fly?

I've just put them on "ignore"

If they can't articulate an opinion without resorting to expletives it's not an opinion worth my time to read 

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 2

8 minutes ago, AmyTheGma said:

I think the top d pair can handle a few weeks with 28 plus minutes.  Should be able to weather the storm till either Soucy returns or the coach feels comfortable with Hirose and Juulson.  I actually think those 2 compliment each other pretty well and will get better the more they play. Maybe 16-18 minutes a night by the end of the experiment?

I agree on the Hirose Juulson front, but we NEED to get the line minutes balanced ASAP. This is exactly what happened last year (riding our top 3 dmen); ended up wearing down our top 3 dmen down to teh point they couldn't recover OR got injured. No Thanks! Just give the AHLer's (Hirose and Juulson first crack) normal minutes, and let the chips fall where they may.

• Cheers 1

Just now, Huggy Bear said:

Wow…Soucy went from week to week, to a game time decision? Agree…rather not rush them. 

No Skinner and no Ekholm is a big hit to Edmonton’s defence.  

Soucy (assume ACL or MCL grade 2 sprain) = Don't rush. Blueger (Bone Bruise) = If he can play, play; its just pain management vs. doing more damage.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

16 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

For a guy with no hockey background and a simple media degree he latches on to players and stories that are negative and then lashes out at them like a petulant child. Someone with his limited background in the game should be courteous and respectful to the people he's working with and reporting on. He's just a class A ahole with regards to how he reports anything. You can almost see him wringing his hands in glee as he's verbally assaulting players, GM's, and organizations.

What an absolute Schmuck. It makes me long for the days when reporters were quality human beings.

Like Cryptkeeper? 😄

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

17 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

For a guy with no hockey background and a simple media degree he latches on to players and stories that are negative and then lashes out at them like a petulant child. Someone with his limited background in the game should be courteous and respectful to the people he's working with and reporting on. He's just a class A ahole with regards to how he reports anything. You can almost see him wringing his hands in glee as he's verbally assaulting players, GM's, and organizations.

What an absolute Schmuck. It makes me long for the days when reporters were quality human beings.

It just seems to me that most people outside of this forum don't seem to mind him. Then people here seem to despise him to a level that seems over the top for the situation.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Huggy Bear said:

Wow…Soucy went from week to week, to a game time decision? Agree…rather not rush them. 

No Skinner and no Ekholm is a big hit to Edmonton’s defence.  

Which is great news for us because they're already AHL defense level! 😆