[GDT] Edmonton @ Vancouver, Wednesday October 11th, 7pt/10et. Happy Birthday -dlc-!

Chickenspear

18 hours ago, -dlc- said:

It's my birthday tomorrow and I'm going to the game!

Dance Dancing GIF

Happy Birthday DEB !!!!!

Happy Birthday Reaction GIF by The Office

have a fantastic time at the game …….. staring at JT   

Why are my posts ‘merging’  together ?

Edited by NucksFan
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, TheGuardian said:

Don't take this wrong, but what do you think hockey players think of first?

Winning

Making millions

The Cup

Teammates

Fans

Environment

I selected those because it is really a combination of all of the above.

They want to play (work) in an enjoyable environment.

Their whole life has been competition.

Due to the nature of a team's player structure some players will move more towards the making millions as their window closes, mostly the 3rd/4th line guys.

The top line guys are the drivers for winning and once they become "professionals" team success diminishes

And always remember the GM's first and most important job is to put bums in seats even if it means selling snake oil.

I think we have a different definiton of what it means to be professional. And sometmes snake oil is all you've got so you do what you have to until you can get back on your feet. 

12 minutes ago, Inkidu said:

I think we have a different definiton of what it means to be professional. And sometmes snake oil is all you've got so you do what you have to until you can get back on your feet. 

Fake it until you make it

6 minutes ago, Strawbone said:

Super excited for the season to start. But I'm keeping my expectations in check. 45 years as a Canuck fan will do that to a man.

And the Oilers are a top team and a very tough way to start the season.  Losing two isn't only possible, it's probable

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Strawbone said:

Super excited for the season to start. But I'm keeping my expectations in check. 45 years as a Canuck fan will do that to a man.

I can't help myself; I'm starting to muse on a winning streak at the beginning of the season being a bad sign a few times several decades back...

I started listening to the pre-NHL Canucks almost 60 years ago, but I don't remember the actual games from that far back. Once they got into the NHL, they had a few good starts that ended up being sources of angst and grief as they fell apart; or every February, but I watched them all. 

Back then CBC did not show anywhere near all the Canucks games; and they'd cut out for like, Don Messer's Jubilee, or some other such foolishness, without a thought for Canucks fans.

I have a lot of vitriol from bad or crooked refereeing and treatment by the league over the years too.

I hope we shed all that old crap this year and emerge the hard-working, in-your-face, tough and talented team that blows all that old voodoo bullshit away.

Tick Tock - Til Its Real

Tick Tock - Til They Drop The Puck!

• Cheers 4

11 minutes ago, stawns said:

Fake it until you make it

And the Oilers are a top team and a very tough way to start the season.  Losing two isn't only possible, it's probable

And I’m not going to let it get me down, as long as the team doesn’t look like a complete gong show like the start of last season. 

• Vintage 1

20 minutes ago, Strawbone said:

I only have 32 years of experience as a Canucks fan, but I know what you are saying 

GCG!

4 minutes ago, Strawbone said:

And I’m not going to let it get me down, as long as the team doesn’t look like a complete gong show like the start of last season. 

We started 3:0 on Oilers in the first period last year 

• ThereItIs 1

2 hours ago, SV. said:

He usually just tells the truth/sees the bigger picture, neither of which have ever been particularly pleasant to think about or deliberate in this market, unfortunately.

Nah. Throw him into the pit of smarmy aholes with Sekeres, Paterson et al. Bunch of Leaf lickers.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Silent Man said:

I only have 32 years of experience as a Canucks fan, but I know what you are saying 

GCG!

Very much like me. Came on board in earnest when the Russian Rocket joined the team. 

i can acknowledge all the crap going on still. But it seems to happen every season. I’m used to it.  So I can’t let ruin the evening. I’m still counting on a little magic to happen. In spite of all the nay sayers (which probably includes me)

GO CANUCKS (you @&$@#% aggravating sobs) GO!!!!!!!!!!

:towel:

• ThereItIs 2