[GDT] Edmonton @ Vancouver, Wednesday October 11th, 7pt/10et. Happy Birthday -dlc-!

Chickenspear

2 minutes ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

The skeptic in me thinks we're using our 1st game to showcase Garland, which is ridiculous. The realist in me is thinking Mikheyev getting 10 minutes of TOI tonight is the best way of easing him into the lineup after surgery. 

No Blueger tonight is going to hurt...

Edited by HorvatToBaertschi
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, HorvatToBaertschi said:

The skeptic in me thinks we're using our 1st game to showcase Garland, which is ridiculous. The realist in me is thinking Mikheyev getting 10 minutes of TOI tonight is the best way of easing him into the lineup after surgery. 

Mikheyev won't play - likely Canucks go 11 forwards tonight.

22 minutes ago, Inkidu said:

I'm not aware of any elephants in the room. Garland? He's no elephant. But really, I thought the one thing we seem to have is more unity -- and a great captain. What am I missing?

Garland separating Schenn from Miller ON THE ICE and then Schenn gets traded. An unnecessary and badly thought out OEL buyout that will haunt the team for 8 years, Horvat wanting out, Boeser wanting out, Garland wanting out, EP's lack of enthusiastic endorsement to resign here, the rumours going back years, 4 at least of an issue(s) in the room, multiple coaches all having exactly the same results with the same core players, a 23 yr old inexperienced captain who has never been a captain before (IMO window dressing), players traded away that were needed to be replaced almost immediately (not that Dickinson was a star but a 3rd line center with size, speed and hit). Years of Miller's on ice demeanor showing frustration and giving up by the speed he skates back to the bench or back checks.

OEL demanded a trade because of Tocchet, Tocchet comes here and presto, a buyout with bells on in less than 6 months.

Boeser and Garland, are they so bad no other team wants them? Why not buy out Garland? A much smaller cap hit for half the time. IS neither of them worth anything at half price? Retain on both and create 5+mil in cap space and get something back, anything rather than nothing or bad vibes. 

If two players making millions have requested trades there is definitely a problem, elephant in the room

9 minutes ago, HorvatToBaertschi said:

Yea, no Bleuger is going to hurt the pk. 

Hopefully the boys have learned the system well enough that they can get by without him. Lafferty? But he hasn't even had time to practice with the pk unit. 

15 hours ago, Slegr said:

I’m so tired of Sportsnet and other media outlets trashing on the Canucks. Friedman seems to get his jollies from it more and more. He wouldn’t share news like what he did with Garland with any Leaf player.

I’m also sick of the Oilers. I want us to put up a bloody dog fight tomorrow, and if we lose, we lose. But how sweet it will be if we win.

Them's fighting words.... Bravo... get into them.

• Cheers 1

No top defensive center, no shutdown Soucy, down a forward and bottom pairing an AHL pairing...up against a hungry McDavid.

Ok we tried, thought we were looking like a playoff team against Calgary but the odds are certainly against us now. Throw the team and all of the coaching systems in the bin now, the spotlight turns to Demko. He is our only hope when we're playing under-manned and under the weather.

3 minutes ago, TheGuardian said:

Garland separating Schenn from Miller ON THE ICE and then Schenn gets traded. An unnecessary and badly thought out OEL buyout that will haunt the team for 8 years, Horvat wanting out, Boeser wanting out, Garland wanting out, EP's lack of enthusiastic endorsement to resign here, the rumours going back years, 4 at least of an issue(s) in the room, multiple coaches all having exactly the same results with the same core players, a 23 yr old inexperienced captain who has never been a captain before (IMO window dressing), players traded away that were needed to be replaced almost immediately (not that Dickinson was a star but a 3rd line center with size, speed and hit). Years of Miller's on ice demeanor showing frustration and giving up by the speed he skates back to the bench or back checks.

OEL demanded a trade because of Tocchet, Tocchet comes here and presto, a buyout with bells on in less than 6 months.

Boeser and Garland, are they so bad no other team wants them? Why not buy out Garland? A much smaller cap hit for half the time. IS neither of them worth anything at half price? Retain on both and create 5+mil in cap space and get something back, anything rather than nothing or bad vibes. 

If two players making millions have requested trades there is definitely a problem, elephant in the room

Well if you take the worst interpretation of every event and put them all together I guess you would get an elephant. To me it seems most of these things are in the past, and pretty routine stuff that most professionals get over quickly. 

• Upvote 1