[GDT] Edmonton @ Vancouver, Wednesday October 11th, 7pt/10et. Happy Birthday -dlc-!

Chickenspear

2 minutes ago, Optimist Prime said:

We do remember the tilly in the first, right? I have been in a scrap or two in my day, you wouldn't be your best version of you after one either.

Imo he is holding his own, but should be shelter3d in da tird.

Joshua is a decent 12th/13th forward and he's having a very good game other then the one penalty.  

He's been throwing hits and trying to negate some of the big Oilers players...  plus the fight that gave everyone energy.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, 27 Percent said:

I definitely seem to be in the minority here. Must be just me. I'll take your words for it. 🤟 gcg

I'm just effing with you 73. 👾 Try to enjoy it he hasn't been bad at at all. Made some deadly saves one on one vs McDougall. It's not an easy role and we're playing great overall. Not to mention it's like basically his first game with us. He's good.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Elias Pettersson said:

The new offer is going to be starting at $12 million…

How does anyone state, they tried to go cheap on Petey? I know you were responding to another poster, but it's pretty brain-dead simple, he's betting on himself. Not rocket science. If he improves upon last year, he's going to make bank. 

But for someone like him, he's always pushed himself to be the best he can. 

Why would that change now? 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Optimist Prime said:

These days, when I think of Jack Campbell, I think of Dan Cloutier.

Wish I still had my Microsoft paint created beachball in net image from back when CDC was Shiney and new

Cloutier at least was an NHL quality goalie, just not a good one.  Campbell is worse.

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, AatuD2 said:

I don't think that they've been cheap with Petey.  

There's absolutely zero incentive for Petey to re-sign early.  He'll have a great year, he's confident and he's betting on himself. 

If we win the Cup, Petey will become the highest paid guy in the NHL. Of course he should wait.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, AatuD2 said:

Joshua is a decent 12th/13th forward and he's having a very good game other then the one penalty.  

He's been throwing hits and trying to negate some of the big Oilers players...  plus the fight that gave everyone energy.  

We need guys to step up.

Nobody else has to match with him now.

Edited by Hairy Kneel
  • Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Wouldn’t complain if Joshua was scratched for Blueger next game. 

I liked Joshua's physical start. The penalty for the Oilers PP goal was a lazy and tired play.

I think Blueger will get in the lineup next game and I think the coach should make 1 lineup change after every game. Take out the worst performer even if his game wasn't horrible.. 

Make it a legit competition to stay in the lineup. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, Gawdzukes said:

I'm just effing with you 73. 👾 Try to enjoy it he hasn't been bad at at all. Made some deadly saves one on one vs McDougall. It's not an easy role and we're playing great overall. Not to mention it's like basically his first game with us. He's good.

No worries man. Like I said I must just be seeing something different and that's okay. 

Side note, this is the most fun I've had on CDC in a long while. You guys are all right!

6 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

"We're putting the band back together. We're on a  mission from God...."

"It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark....       and we're wearing sunglasses"

Edited by 204CanucksFan