[Report] Conor Garland given permission to seek trade

Doubt we'll get too much for him given his cap. Would miss him, but we do have a glut of wingers, so a decent draft pick would be nice. I'd say a defenseman, but I can't see him getting us much more than a 5/6 guy and we have tons of those already, so I'd rather just take a 3rd rounder or whatever we'd get.

Just now - Friedman on Donnie and Dhali:

Garland and Canucks mutually agreed allowing him to find a better fit for him and team. Has a new agent.

• agent is currently working aggressively to find a new home for Garland
  • Dhali commented saying "its been a while the team wanting to move Garland, what changes now?". Friedman responded that he doesn't know whether the Canucks have changed their stance on the return for Garland. 
  • Says Soucy's injury really changed the cap outlook for the team. Team tight to the cap, and really want some flexibility. 
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

6 minutes ago, KingRaj91 said:

If he's seeking a trade, we probably won't end up getting a good return. Hope we can work something out with CBJ.

We need to add a new emoji to the list of responses.  I'm thinking the praying hands emoji would work well. LOL

Edited by Blitz-Pix
  • Haha 1
  • ThereItIs 1

9 minutes ago, Blitz-Pix said:

This almost never ends well...when the GM can't find a trade partner and leaves it up to the player and his agent. 😞

Who was the other player this also happened to on the Canucks? Brock wasn't it? And his agent still couldn't find anyone lol. 

I doubt Garland's agent can find someone. But this is weird, when the news becomes public but he's still part of the team. 

• Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, N4ZZY said:

Who was the other player this also happened to on the Canucks? Brock wasn't it? And his agent still couldn't find anyone lol. 

I doubt Garland's agent can find someone. But this is weird, when the news becomes public but he's still part of the team. 

And I think that's a blessing.

I like Boeser.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

I'm thinking PA has exhausted all avenues and is basically putting it on the player to say go find yourself a new home and we'll make it happen. So while I would love a right shot Dman I'm not holding my breath either.

Who’s to say that Garland is even the centrepiece in the trade. 

• Cheers 2

Just now, Breadnbutta said:

And I think that's a blessing.

I like Boeser.

Me too. I'm glad that he's still here. His next contract, however, I don't think will be what he's making now. It'll be lesser than what he's making currently. Unless he finally breaks through and hits 30 goals. 

1 minute ago, Rick_theRyper said:

If it means getting an RHD back you add and run away from this deal, but a one for one isn't gonna look pretty!

Management might have to take a loss on this one (a potential Garland deal). But if they can get some cap relief that might be worth the deal on its own.