[Report] Conor Garland given permission to seek trade

25 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

Well one thing; Our average height will go up. I remember his interview before he got to Van. from his home; He said I'm not actually five foot eight, more like five six..

the moment we traded OEL, he became a #1 defenseman

the moment we trade garland, hes going to grow 6 inches

book it

Our “surplus” of wingers is also quickly being decimated.

It may be an organizational strength,  it it doesn’t mean it is good.

Podkolzin, Hoglander, and Beauvillier already playing themselves out of, or to the bottom d the lineup.  Pearson was traded, and Miheyev doesnt even have a timeline for return according to his agent.  We have Di Guiseppe in our top six for gods sake.  No shade on him, but if you want to be a contending team he needs to be a bottom of the roster or even depth spare guy.

Roughly in order of their place in the depth chart currently…. We have two legit top six wingers, plus Mikheyev who comes back soon.  The rest on the guys are fillers.

Kuzmenko

Boeser 

Di Guiseppe

Garland

Beauvillier

Lafferty

Hoglander

Joshua

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, D.B Cooper said:

I can’t remember who the goofball was who was arguing with me on CDC recently. 
He was convinced Garland was McDavid and was super valuable and desired around the league.  
I was on the side saying his twirly self cycling, bad angle shots and garbage contract makes him near valueless. 
Turns out I was right.  Lol

Asking for a trade doesn’t mean he isn’t effective.  

He’s likely not happy being buried on the 3rd line or with the scrutiny that comes with Vancouver. 

If there’s any positive from this, you hope he’s going to bust his ass on the ice to up his own value.

1 minute ago, The Duke said:

Asking for a trade doesn’t mean he isn’t effective.  

He’s likely not happy being buried on the 3rd line or with the scrutiny that comes with Vancouver. 

If there’s any positive from this, you hope he’s going to bust his ass on the ice to up his own value.

He busts his ass regardless

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

2 hours ago, N4ZZY said:

And he definitely has a legacy and has left a mark on this market, a really bad legacy and mark sadly. 

I never wish ill on any of our GM's, but Benning has to be one of the worst in recent memory. The last ten years has really been atrocious as a fan that loves this team. 

I would say he's right up there with Mike Milbury as worst GM in NHL history.

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, eeeeeeeeergh said:

I think this basically rules out the garland-for-peeke hope

I see it differently…

This could be a sign that other teams are interested, but want to talk to him/his agent first to get more information.

Maybe ask his take on what role/line he’s best suited for, and see if he’d buy into their team and system before taking him on for 3 years…

• Like 1

So GM called every team.  Tried to trade him for bag of pucks.  Each team declined.

Now GM goes public and says player can arrange a trade.  All teams now know they can wait for waivers.

He clears waivers now as no team one a skilled  bottom 6 player that is small and can't compete on boards / puck battles.  Especially on his current contract.

This will not end well for our club. 

1 hour ago, John.Tallhouse said:

“Bringing me out of my seat” might have been a little rich of me to say 😅 but stats aside he has been more noticeable to me when I watch games and I’m not an expert obviously there are a ton of little things I may not notice that brock does but the expectations vs reality with him are more stark in my opinion.

Not trying to defend Garland too much as he has been invisible a lot of nights. I didn’t think he was brought in to play top 6 I thought they brought him in to compliment them and maybe move up the line up when needed. Either way he hasn’t lived up to expectations either but I would still rather have him on my squad. 

I largely like Garland and think he can be a decent complementary top 6 guy on the right (not Canucks) roster. One with more size and grit that he would complement.

That said, the added "excitement" Garland has to his game kind of reminds me of Ferraro's comment on Yakupov being "chased by bees". The fast cuts and twirls etc look like he's making things happen/working hard...but do they accomplish much...?

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, moosehead said:

So GM called every team.  Tried to trade him for bag of pucks.  Each team declined.

Now GM goes public and says player can arrange a trade.  All teams now know they can wait for waivers.

He clears waivers now as no team one a skilled  bottom 6 player that is small and can't compete on boards / puck battles.  Especially on his current contract.

This will not end well for our club. 

They were saying on 650 it’s more that the Canucks haven’t been very willing to move off of their set asking price for him

2 minutes ago, aGENT said:

I largely like Garland and think he can be a decent complementary top 6 guy on the right (not Canucks) roster. One with more size and grit that he would complement.

That said, the added "excitement" Garland has to his game kind of reminds me of Ferraro's comment on Yakupov being "chased by bees". The fast cuts and twirls etc look like he's making things happen/working hard...but do they accomplish much...?

Ya that’s a great point, I guess as a viewer those twists and twirls just help him stand out 😅. I find even tho they’re usually for not they still add a little energy to the game which must add some value? 

• Cheers 1

10 minutes ago, Huggy Bear said:

I see it differently…

This could be a sign that other teams are interested, but want to talk to him/his agent first to get more information.

Maybe ask his take on what role/line he’s best suited for, and see if he’d buy into their team and system before taking him on for 3 years…

i like it - an optimistic take.

Hope youre right 

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, aGENT said:

This woman will put bees in your office can we stop her or is it just  happening no matter what - iFunny Brazil

Let it be done. 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, aGENT said:

Well said. He always looks like he’s working hard, and trying to make things happen. When he can’t find a teammate, his plays often end with sharp angle shots, or turnovers. 

• Cheers 1

27 minutes ago, Provost said:

Our “surplus” of wingers is also quickly being decimated.

It may be an organizational strength,  it it doesn’t mean it is good.

Podkolzin, Hoglander, and Beauvillier already playing themselves out of, or to the bottom d the lineup.  Pearson was traded, and Miheyev doesnt even have a timeline for return according to his agent.  We have Di Guiseppe in our top six for gods sake.  No shade on him, but if you want to be a contending team he needs to be a bottom of the roster or even depth spare guy.

Roughly in order of their place in the depth chart currently…. We have two legit top six wingers, plus Mikheyev who comes back soon.  The rest on the guys are fillers.

Kuzmenko

Boeser 

Di Guiseppe

Garland

Beauvillier

Lafferty

Hoglander

Joshua

Kuz could easily hit sophomore slump and the other top 6 winger is coming off 2 years of being completely disengaged and passive. 
Amazing how one training camp and both our perceived wing depth and D depth have collapsed.

Good looking 4th line though. 

• Vintage 1