[Report] Conor Garland given permission to seek trade

1 minute ago, Huggy Bear said:

Could just be grasping desperately to preserve my sanity…

one way or another i think we do bring in another RD

management prob wanted to see if soucy or cole could slide over, its pretty clear tocchet wants a real RD

and management knows mcward on the 1st pair isnt getting us into the playoffs

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, aGENT said:

I largely like Garland and think he can be a decent complementary top 6 guy on the right (not Canucks) roster. One with more size and grit that he would complement.

That said, the added "excitement" Garland has to his game kind of reminds me of Ferraro's comment on Yakupov being "chased by bees". The fast cuts and twirls etc look like he's making things happen/working hard...but do they accomplish much...?

They accomplish 50 points as a 2nd tier forward on the team. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, eeeeeeeeergh said:

one way or another i think we do bring in another RD

management prob wanted to see if soucy or cole could slide over, its pretty clear tocchet wants a real RD

and management knows mcward on the 1st pair isnt getting us into the playoffs

Think you’re right. 

I’m fairly confident in JRPA getting something done.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, The Duke said:

Asking for a trade doesn’t mean he isn’t effective.  

He’s likely not happy being buried on the 3rd line or with the scrutiny that comes with Vancouver. 

If there’s any positive from this, you hope he’s going to bust his ass on the ice to up his own value.

I didn’t say asking for a trade make him ineffective.  
His twirling in circles and taking shots from the corner off the boards is ineffective. 

Id say the positive from all this would be he gets moved somewhere else and we gain a bit of cap space or a Dman 

Wasn’t Garland a MAGA guy based off his since deleted tweets? Maybe he wants to go to Boston or something so he can really be “Boston Strong” (we all know there’s more to that meaning)

in that case don’t let the door hit your tiny ass on the way out

Edited by Odd.

3 minutes ago, toochmahgooch said:

They accomplish 50 points as a 2nd tier forward on the team. 

And like I said I like him for his ability to do so...but he's still not really a fit on the team. And him "looking like" he's working hard isn't a reason to keep an ill fitting player on the roster.

Sounds like the offseason push to trade Garland is because he’s asked for a change of scenery - from awhile ago.

That makes a lot more sense to me why management was laser focused on Garland rather than Beauvillier or even Boeser.  You can’t move the B’s AND Garland now you’re in a talent deficit from a position that should be a strength.

The people who don’t want Garland better buckle up for the season.  At least until the trade deadline.  Can’t see him being moved.

His contract will look fine again once the cap goes up as well.  Myers and Beauvillier off the books will give some wiggle room.  I think he goes next summer.

• Cheers 1

Still in the team’s best interest to keep him as he’s the group’s 4th (5th if you like Boeser) most offensively talented forward.  

And the best creator of offence behind Petey, Miller, Hughes and maybe Hronek.  

With he focus on structure and D we’ll need some creativity to score.

• Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, Odd. said:

Wasn’t Garland a MAGA guy based off his since deleted tweets? Maybe he wants to go to Boston or something so he can really be “Boston Strong” (we all know there’s more to that meaning)

I'm pretty sure a couple of our Americans are MAGA supporters too. It's bound to happen. These people have very different perspectives of other people. It's extremely difficult IMO to make a switch from one party to another, unless you are some kind of one-issue voter. If you're a hardcore Republican, you're extremely unlikely to vote Democrat, and vice versa.

2 hours ago, King Heffy said:

Well eight years is the minimum so far thanks to Rutherford being stupid enough to sabotage the team with dead cap.  Sadly, this management group is causing irreparable damage with their continued misconduct and gross incompetence.

Are you like this all the time?

• Like 1

I would not trade him unless he finds a good deal or someone willing to take his full contract for free. He has averaged 52.48 points per 82 games over the last 4 seasons in the NHL with limited opportunity in Vancouver. Make him play out his contract if he cant find a team willing to pay fair value, they could revisit a trade later in his contract if his play increases his value.  

25 minutes ago, PureQuickness said:

I'm pretty sure a couple of our Americans are MAGA supporters too. It's bound to happen. These people have very different perspectives of other people. It's extremely difficult IMO to make a switch from one party to another, unless you are some kind of one-issue voter. If you're a hardcore Republican, you're extremely unlikely to vote Democrat, and vice versa.

I don’t disagree, although there’s a difference between a republican and a MAGA tangerine supporter , at least in my mind anyway.

• Upvote 1

Giving agents permission to speak to other teams happens all the time. So this in and of itself is not a big deal.

Canucks have been trying to trade him for awhile but have an asking price and perhaps a max they will retain. I doubt they will bite at any trade requiring them to move picks, unless they like what is coming back. Canucks don't want to give him away either as he does have utility. Contrary to what most seem to believe I do not think he's is overpaid.

The fact he is still on the team tells us Canucks have not been able to move him. I hope his agent has success in finding a fit and one that gives the Canucks back whatever it is they feel they need to get back. 

48 minutes ago, Odd. said:

39 minutes ago, PureQuickness said:

I agree with PureQuickness. Who cares who they votes for? Is Biden is any better? 

This Odd dude probably isn't even American and he's all worried about 'MAGA" whatever the f#$k that is.

Look, they have two guys that win the primaries for both the dems and repubs. The people then decide on who to vote for. When you sit up here in Canada and want to demonize half of the population for the one of two choices they provide, it makes you look no better than a militant Antifa.

2 minutes ago, KingRaj91 said:

I'd rather not retain at all tbh. Rather just hold on to him and build his value up, makes no sense to retain on a guy that will still give you 50-60 points.

Do we want a guy who puts himself ahead of the team and wants out though?  Garland is another Benning stain that needs to be cleansed. If we have to retain or take back an equally bad contract then do it. Dumperoo the Garden Gnome.