[Report] Conor Garland given permission to seek trade

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Do we want a guy who puts himself ahead of the team and wants out though?  Garland is another Benning stain that needs to be cleansed. If we have to retain or take back an equally bad contract then do it. Dumperoo the Garden Gnome. 

Why is he asking for a trade? I doubt he would if he was just moved down to the third line. If that's the case, thats not a good look.

I assume they mean to waive him and bury his contract. I assume he doesn't want to get buried in the minors all year.

I assume he wants to see if there are any teams that will work out a salary retained trade first.

I've done a lot of assuming but so has everyone else in this thread.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Rob Eh said:

Why is he asking for a trade? I doubt he would if he was just moved down to the third line. If that's the case, thats not a good look.

I assume they mean to waive him and bury his contract. I assume he doesn't want to get buried in the minors all year.

I assume he wants to see if there are any teams that will work out a salary retained trade first.

I've done a lot of assuming but so has everyone else in this thread.

Yup. I don’t see why a guy getting 17 mil over the next three season is wanting to be traded unless it’s something like you’re suggesting. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Do we want a guy who puts himself ahead of the team and wants out though?  Garland is another Benning stain that needs to be cleansed. If we have to retain or take back an equally bad contract then do it. Dumperoo the Garden Gnome. 

We literally can't be retaining more on players. The retention on OEL is already insane as it is, can't keep adding on to that. Build his value and trade him, I'm sure one team will eventually find him useful. I get your point though, you're not wrong, but the situation we're in I don't think we can afford to do that.

3 hours ago, King Heffy said:

We have another eight years of suffering thanks to the idiots in the front office.  No surprise they're too incompetent to be able to do their job properly and find a trade.

You are one of, if not the most toxic / negative people I’ve come across in my life!! What a life to live!! Hopefully, before it’s too late, you realize that positivity ect are a much better route through life…..

• Vintage 1

7 minutes ago, Provost said:

Literally no GM in Benning’s era was worse.  We were consistently one of the worst teams in the league for a long stretch.  The only teams that had fewer wins than us were ones who were on tight budgets and/or were intentionally tanking…. While we were capped out and still not able to get out of the basement.

No GM had fewer wins per cap dollar spent than Benning.  Even with being that bad, our prospect pool was still at the bottom of the league by the time he left… that is almost impossible to do.  He traded away top picks to get out from signing he made.

The Benning hate is 100% rational.  Rational means based on reason.  He provided many reasons.

Buddy you really are clueless when it comes to the devastation Gillass left behind. 
Benning is the reason we have a new era of hockey and it took him 5 years to build that new era.

Like how do you not comprehend a stealth rebuild at all??? First 5 years was a clear indication of a stealth rebuild, but I guess its hard for you to see with your eyes closed. Kept his picks, moved out vets, built through the draft, stole JT Miller outta tampa. COVID fucked us and piss poor starts by our star players the past 2 seasons is the reason for lack of playoff appearances.

Look at how long rebuilds take and how many teams make playoffs not once but twice while rebuilding from ground zero. We replaced a core, which is the now the new era, he went through A FLAT CAP while also dealing with pending contract negotiations. If he was as bad as you clowns make him out to be, he would have resigned Marky after his one and only good season and would have tried to resign Toffoli and Tanev and further handcuffed our cap situation in flat cap world. How well has Marky and Tanev panned out for calgary? Marky is a sieve, Tanev is always injured when it really counts and Toffoli is now onto his 3rd team since leaving 

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Provost said:

Literally no GM in Benning’s era was worse.  We were consistently one of the worst teams in the league for a long stretch.  The only teams that had fewer wins than us were ones who were on tight budgets and/or were intentionally tanking…. While we were capped out and still not able to get out of the basement.

No GM had fewer wins per cap dollar spent than Benning.  Even with being that bad, our prospect pool was still at the bottom of the league by the time he left… that is almost impossible to do.  He traded away top picks to get out from signing he made.

The Benning hate is 100% rational.  Rational means based on reason.  He provided many reasons.

Lmfao this is your unrealistic expectations of JB

1) Rebuild an entire core in 1 draft

1) stock the cupboards full of high end prospects in the 2nd draft

1) make playoffs every year

1) contend for the cup every year

1 minute ago, Ribs said:

stealth rebuild lol

Lmfao 

Pettersson

Hughes

Demko

Boeser

Miller

I guess its hard to see for the blind. Maybe open your eyes and pay a little bit of attention.

Why the fuck do you think we removed Gillis and brought in a GM with a very well respected SCOUTING BACKGROUND??? Lmao like holy shit you guys are daft as fuck

• ThereItIs 1

7 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

If Garland wants out and other teams know he wants out that really damages the Canucks ability to get a fair return. They may have to take what they can get. 

Generally when it gets to tge point of the agent trying to find a trade for thier client you can pretty much assume that client has next to no value 

17 minutes ago, AnthonyG said:

Buddy you really are clueless when it comes to the devastation Gillass left behind. 
Benning is the reason we have a new era of hockey and it took him 5 years to build that new era.

Like how do you not comprehend a stealth rebuild at

3 minutes ago, Down By the River said:

James Van Der Beek Drinking GIF

First 5 years was a clear indication of a stealth rebuild, but I guess its hard for you to see with your eyes closed. Kept his picks, moved out vets, built through the draft, stole JT Miller outta tampa.

Reading clearly isnt your strong suit and paying attention is out of your budget

19 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

If Garland wants out and other teams know he wants out that really damages the Canucks ability to get a fair return. They may have to take what they can get. 

Fair return, he's basically worthless.  Canucks can't give him away, well not without adding something and retaining $$ which they probably dont want to do because that wouldnt help.  Basically its the Canucks saying he needs to play better to be of value to other teams.