[Report] Conor Garland given permission to seek trade

5 hours ago, Alflives said:

Don’t get why we would trade Myers in a deal that brings back a player, like Zaitsev, who is worse and has an extra year on his contract? If we did that, then Chicago would have to take all of both Garland and Myers contracts. 

According to Capfriendly Zaitsev expires same time as Myers.

it can’t be a package of Garland and Myers for Zaitsev… that clears out a crazy amount of cap space for us.

https://www.capfriendly.com/players/nikita-zaitsev

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

13 minutes ago, Devron said:

I don’t see why Chicago wouldn’t want Garly. They can’t leave Bedard with nothing over there. Shutout again tonight. You think they’d want to at least make games interesting and give Bedard some moral 

Because they know we really want to shed cap and are waiting to see what we'll pay to do it.

• Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

Just now, Wilbur said:

Because they know we really want to shed cap and are waiting to see what we'll pay to do it.

We’ll wait and see I guess. Let them. Not saying Garland will save the day for them but I don’t care if they have Bedard people won’t show up if they don’t have at least some excitement 

3 hours ago, Devron said:

We’ll wait and see I guess. Let them. Not saying Garland will save the day for them but I don’t care if they have Bedard people won’t show up if they don’t have at least some excitement 

Worse yet if they're boring and they're not winning.

On 10/24/2023 at 6:17 AM, stawns said:

Well, his pace is for 30-35 points 

This is true.  PDG may very well get 35 points this year.  Luckily Allvin signed him for an additional year at league minimum.  Another genius move by Allvin.  So, we have PDG locked up for this year AND next year at $775k.  Whether he remains in the top 6 or plays on the 3rd line, he has a great value contract regardless.

• Like 2
  • Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

I wonder if there are any takers on Beau at 50% retained. Garland's been performing well so far in the season, I wouldn't mind keeping him to be honest. If we deal him, we probably have to take some money back, and I'm not sure if we can digest another retained contract given OEL's. 

Next season: 

Mik - Petey - Kuz

PDG - Miller - Boeser

Podz - Blueger - Garland

Joshua - Suter - Hogz

Lafferty

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, KoreanHockeyFan said:

I wonder if there are any takers on Beau at 50% retained. Garland's been performing well so far in the season, I wouldn't mind keeping him to be honest. If we deal him, we probably have to take some money back, and I'm not sure if we can digest another retained contract given OEL's. 

Next season: 

Mik - Petey - Kuz

PDG - Miller - Boeser

Podz - Blueger - Garland

Joshua - Suter - Hogz

Lafferty

Beau at 50% retained will get us a pick or prospect at the TDL, moving him before may not be as easy but not impossible. 

We have too many small forwards and teams know it and aren't going to give us much of a return for Garland (worth his cap hit given production 5 on 5, I would use him on the PK too) and Beau. We can replace them internally with Pod and Hog getting some top 9 minutes and maybe Bains gets a call up later to play 4th line. 

I would prefer Joshua be moved to the 4th line also to give others that 3rd line spot

36 minutes ago, KoreanHockeyFan said:

Next season: 

Mik - Petey - Kuz

PDG - Miller - Boeser

Podz - Blueger - Garland

Joshua - Suter - Hogz

Lafferty

I'm thinking PA JR want to add 1-2 more forwards - a guy like lawson crows comes to mind - garland was not their acquisition, pods, hogs may fit in but are also not theirs...

• ThereItIs 1

I think we're pretty set on forwards to be honest. We have enough bottom-6 guys to fight it out for spots, not to mention a handful of guys in Abby who could also make a case (Bains, Karlsson, Aman, etc).

Ideally, Podz eventually makes it to the top-6. Don't forget we have McDonough too. 

We've managed to build up a respectable prospect pool in terms of forwards where Allvin doesn't have to force himself to toss out picks to get new guys in. There's legit internal growth potential now. 

Defence is a different story - still got a ways to go for that. 

Edited by KoreanHockeyFan

2 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

This is true.  PDG may very well get 35 points this year.  Luckily Allvin signed him for an additional year at league minimum.  Another genius move by Allvin.  So, we have PDG locked up for this year AND next year at $775k.  Whether he remains in the top 6 or plays on the 3rd line, he has a great value contract regardless.

Agree 100%.  I'm sold on Pizza Man 

14 minutes ago, Theo5789 said:

I say no

1 hour ago, Theo5789 said:

1 hour ago, Theo5789 said:

Considering how badly they need to shake things up in Calgaryville, how about just Tanev straight up for Garland with 500k retained? Maybe add in the 24 4th.

I doubt that Calgary would go for that, but they have almost as many problems over there as Edmonton does.

I've tried to feel sorry for Calgary and Edmonton, but I just fall off my chair laughing, every time I try...

WOW, Kadri, Weegar and Huberdeau combine for 6 points to start the season and collectively minus 14, 7 games in. How do you like those numbers for 23.75 million combined salary? 

Man Slapping Couch Laughing GIF

Edited by VegasCanuck
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Viking said:

Beau at 50% retained will get us a pick or prospect at the TDL, moving him before may not be as easy but not impossible. 

We have too many small forwards and teams know it and aren't going to give us much of a return for Garland (worth his cap hit given production 5 on 5, I would use him on the PK too) and Beau. We can replace them internally with Pod and Hog getting some top 9 minutes and maybe Bains gets a call up later to play 4th line. 

I would prefer Joshua be moved to the 4th line also to give others that 3rd line spot

I would love to see Bains get a look with Bluegher or Lafferty. He’s looking like found money so far with Abby!