[Report] Conor Garland given permission to seek trade

Lol I doubt garland would ever get traded he will still be here next year just like boeser is still here this season. They said the Canucks haven’t change stance on the return for garland.. so basically they won’t give him away for free and prolly won’t consider giving sweeteners either. He’s owed a lot of actual cash so the poor teams wouldn’t want him. I’ve always said garland while his stats are not bad.. but if you look up his stats game by game.. it’s night and day when playing the bad teams vs the good teams.. he’s more of a liability when it comes to playing the playoff contenders. He plays hard great but he also gets knocked down easily.. I watch him a lot carrying the puck in the offensive zone and a shove by a defenceman from behind he would be down to his knees like every time. He also likes to play along the board for whatever reason and keep spinning his way around the board until one of the defenceman comes and just easily pins him along the board. I’m just not a fan of his play style. At this point the only way I can see him moving is Canucks either willing to retain which they won’t or throw in a 2nd to a rebuilding team because he’s owed too much cash

28 minutes ago, AnthonyG said:

Lmfao 

Pettersson

Hughes

Demko

Boeser

Miller

I guess its hard to see for the blind. Maybe open your eyes and pay a little bit of attention.

Why the fuck do you think we removed Gillis and brought in a GM with a very well respected SCOUTING BACKGROUND??? Lmao like holy shit you guys are daft as fuck

Cue the old adage: the loudest one in the room is usually also the weakest one.

Try finding some composure. you’re making yourself look bad. 

• Cheers 4

I feel others that don't put in the work Garland does or have the commitment Garland does or the attitude Garland does need to go before Garland does. Honestly there are a lot of slackers on our roster Garland isn't one of them. It's the country club mentality that is killing us. Many teams do better than we do with less skill because the work ethic is there. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, Hammertime said:

I feel others that don't put in the work Garland does or have the commitment Garland does or the attitude Garland does need to go before Garland does. Honestly there are a lot of slackers on our roster Garland isn't one of them. It's the country club mentality that is killing us. Many teams do better than we do with less skill because the work ethic is there. 

In the same token if he wants out then sooner the better. 

Just now, The Arrogant Worms said:

Garland's trade request interrupts Canucks' serenity ahead of season opener

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article/garlands-trade-request-interrupts-canucks-serenity-ahead-of-season-opener/

I don't think so. The players, the fan base. We all know the Canucks have been trying to unload Garland. Actually, the guy is tough to play with, they probably want him gone. Lol. 

1 minute ago, Hammertime said:

It appears that Tocchet is trying to correct that. Horvat was traded. Podkolzin wasn’t gifted an opening night roster spot because he showed up to camp and out of shape and didn’t capitalize on his opportunity playing with top 6 players. Tough love. If Garland isn’t happy with his role and doesn’t want to buy in then eat it and get rid of him. He appears to work hard but he was prematurely gifted a handsome contract and hasn’t lived up to it. 

6 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

In the same token if he wants out then sooner the better. 

I mean I don't blame him when lazy players are constantly put ahead of him.  Good for him he wants to win and can see the culture here is poison. I'd rather play on a team of bums that play hard than prop up Brock and Kuz playing soft af and played patty cake with by coaching while he grinds. 

Edited by Hammertime

1 minute ago, Hammertime said:

I mean I don't blame him when lazy players are constantly put ahead of him.  Good for him he wants to win and can see the culture here is poison. I'd rather play on a team of bums that play hard than prop up Brock and Kuz playing soft af. 

Brock and Kuz are producing 55-75 pts a year…  production is just as important. 

10 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Brock and Kuz are producing 55-75 pts a year…  production is just as important. 

Brock and Kuz are good regular season guys. Their gutless. Love em fantastic people cheer for them Brock especially year after year but neither have any cajones. They play pitty pat. Brock fell off a cliff and mark my words Kuzz will too if ever we find a real line mate for Pete. As soon as real hockey starts they are invisible.  

It's the canucks curse Naslund and to a different degree the Sedins were great but didn't have the hearts of champions and we got no cups. the players themselves are great people and i love them. 

Pete and Miller have teeth and have the hearts of lions but they need to be surrounded by players who compete as hard as they do if we want to win. Kuzz and Brock are great players with a ton of skill but skill alone won't win in a trench war.   

Edited by Hammertime

12 minutes ago, D.B Cooper said:

Oh yeah. 
A guy who asks for a trade a couple days before the season starts.  
Thats commitment.  
A guy who talks about a trade maybe being a good thing a couple days before the season.  
That’s a great attitude.  

Just because he puts in effort, doesn’t mean he is a good teammate or even worth his contract.  

The guy has 2 moves. 
Twirl around in circles and take impossible angle shots.  

He can make like Michael Jackson and Beat It

fair enough. He will be the fall guy for Brock Kuzz here though. That is evident. Maybe it's best he leaves. For everyone. Brock and Kuzz will have to play harder and I hope they will.   

If they play soft we will draft 14 OA. 

Edited by Hammertime

11 minutes ago, Rekker said:

Meh, I say if a deal is there, do it.

I'd also think if a deal was out there it would've already been done.  The Canucks have been open to trading Garland and Boeser for quite a while, they just haven't been willing to give up assets to trade them.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, AnthonyG said:

Give it a rest

• Huggy Bear 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 2

2 minutes ago, Huggy Bear said:

Just confirmed his custom controller layout:

L3 - speed burst

x - spin

right stick - wide angle shot

triangle - agitate

O - pass 

As much as I like garland ill admit they'd have to turn the nets sideways for him to match Kuzz output lastyear. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, AnthonyG said:

Not a lot of backup evidence, but a good read nonetheless