[Report] Conor Garland given permission to seek trade

Garland actually plays with heart, and he's one of the best 5v5 producers on the team...

If any overpaid winger should be traded, it should be Boeser. He's a soft, gutless, perimeter player whose best season was his rookie season. I'd rather see Bear back than watch another season of Boeser floating around and sighing all game.

• Vintage 1

22 minutes ago, Rekker said:

Meh, I say if a deal is there, do it.

Totally agree. I just wonder who we have that can slide up if injuries occur? Maybe Suter is best option because of versatility? This weakens our 3rd line then though. Maybe even Lafferty now?

Whatever occurs, I just hope we can find depth role players who can be subbed into their natural skill set and role. 

Eg. A scorer goes down, a scorer comes up from farm, or 3rd line two way tweener moves up, repeat for 4th line, and then we pull a defensive forward from farm to round out 4th line duties. 

Mgmt going out and picking up guys like Lafferty is a solid move in that type of scenario. Good to see. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, AnthonyG said:

Buddy you really are clueless when it comes to the devastation Gillass left behind. 
Benning is the reason we have a new era of hockey and it took him 5 years to build that new era.

Like how do you not comprehend a stealth rebuild at all??? First 5 years was a clear indication of a stealth rebuild, but I guess its hard for you to see with your eyes closed. Kept his picks, moved out vets, built through the draft, stole JT Miller outta tampa. COVID fucked us and piss poor starts by our star players the past 2 seasons is the reason for lack of playoff appearances.

Look at how long rebuilds take and how many teams make playoffs not once but twice while rebuilding from ground zero. We replaced a core, which is the now the new era, he went through A FLAT CAP while also dealing with pending contract negotiations. If he was as bad as you clowns make him out to be, he would have resigned Marky after his one and only good season and would have tried to resign Toffoli and Tanev and further handcuffed our cap situation in flat cap world. How well has Marky and Tanev panned out for calgary? Marky is a sieve, Tanev is always injured when it really counts and Toffoli is now onto his 3rd team since leaving 

An untrained monkey spinning a wheel would have made a better GM than Benning. 

• Upvote 2
  • ThereItIs 1

1 hour ago, Ribs said:

Keep swearing and insulting everyone and see how that goes for you.

Well…to be fair, if a chunk of this fan base wasn’t constantly toxic, negative, ignorant, stubborn etc & actually listened, learned and educated themselves, maybe some wouldn’t get so frustrated and swear! Same issues on the previous forum are the same issues here so far. There are some amazing, educated and well balanced fans / people on here, but there is a lot of the extreme opposite too. That’s just facts!! 

1 hour ago, 88Canuck said:

You are one of, if not the most toxic / negative people I’ve come across in my life!! What a life to live!! Hopefully, before it’s too late, you realize that positivity ect are a much better route through life…..

I'm pretty positive when it's called for.  Sadly, management has done nothing to earn any respect whatsoever.  Making it clear that Rutherford and the rest of his management group aren't welcome here is my duty as a fan of the franchise.

8 minutes ago, Haddy said:

Garland actually plays with heart, and he's one of the best 5v5 producers on the team...

If any overpaid winger should be traded, it should be Boeser. He's a soft, gutless, perimeter player whose best season was his rookie season. I'd rather see Bear back than watch another season of Boeser floating around and sighing all game.

As I posted in the other thread.  Garland put up 52 points two seasons ago and 46 points last year, playing 3rd line mins and very little pp time.

Boeser put up 46 and 55, getting top 6 mins and pp1 duties.  Keeping Garland putting him in Boesers top 6 spot is cheaper and smarter

11 minutes ago, Haddy said:

But Brock isn't worth anything and the team love him and the fans love him every great team has a player they fill in the gap for to over achieve for the greater good of the team. Brock is (and I've been a big detractor over the past 3 years from before he signed his extension) part of the heart of this team like moving on from Tanev I feel Brocks value is greater than his on ice performance, which for a long time I haven't been enthused about. 

Kuzz on the other hand  imo is the sell high candidate. the return for Kuzz rn is the type of deal that could change our franchise. The output statistically we would lose by having Brock in Kuzz spot and Garland move up would be by far offset by the return for Kuzz.

Edited by Hammertime
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, King Heffy said:

I'm pretty positive when it's called for.  Sadly, management has done nothing to earn any respect whatsoever.  Making it clear that Rutherford and the rest of his management group aren't welcome here is my duty as a fan of the franchise.

And what happens if they bring this org a cup Heff? Do you go root for the Krakheads again?

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

What’s it like to be 100% ignorant of the facts and be constantly negative / toxic and basically be on an island of your own?! So many constantly calling out your crap / pointing out the facts, but you just keep on keeping on! God forbid you listen, learn, change and grow!! Honestly, you’re a joke!!! 

Just now, 88Canuck said:

What’s it like to be 100% ignorant of the facts and be constantly negative / toxic and basically be on an island of your own?! So many constantly calling out your crap / pointing out the facts, but you just keep on keeping on! God forbid you listen, learn, change and grow!! Honestly, you’re a joke!!! 

Sorry you can't handle honest discussions about how much damage Rutherford is doing to this franchise on and off the ice.  When you stoop to this level of personal attack, why would I take this garbage seriously.

• Cheers 1

Having an agent involved is the worst situation for both the player and the team. I have a feeling a trade won't happen until the offseason when he has 2 years left in his contract with a higher salary cap. He's going to have to try play out the year here and hope it gets better, similar to Boeser. 

4 minutes ago, Conscience said:

An untrained monkey spinning a wheel would have made a better GM than Benning. 

50/50.

terrible trade record and bad contract and asset management.

Pretty solid draft record in terms of picking franchise tag players and establishing our new core for the past 5 and next 5 years, at min. That is something to be thankful for.

at least he didn’t leave us in no man’s land like SJS or PHX or even ANA. 

As I’ve said before every team has bad contracts and bad money on the books. It’s a part of the game and trusting on players to perform per contract is almost always a gamble not to mention all the variables that occur within one season to the next making it a very inexact science. 

all in all Benning was a bit of a dud GM with some very bright spots. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Just now, King Heffy said:

Sorry you can't handle honest discussions about how much damage Rutherford is doing to this franchise on and off the ice.  When you stoop to this level of personal attack, why would I take this garbage seriously.

Honest discussion…are you kidding! Nothing you’ve ever said has contributed to a discussion (this forum or last)! To be clear, you aren’t a fan, you’re a hater and I don’t like you and neither do many others!! Go back to the Kraken! 

• ThereItIs 1

6 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Extremely unlikely given their incompetence along with their complete disregard for professional standards.

If they do, you shave your head bald for a complete year and only speak Swedish. Deal?

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, 88Canuck said:

Honest discussion…are you kidding! Nothing you’ve ever said has contributed to a discussion (this forum or last)! To be clear, you aren’t a fan, you’re a hater and I don’t like you and neither do many others!! Go back to the Kraken! 

https://www.canucksfanforum.com/ignore/

You seemed to be having trouble finding this.  Here you go.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Rekker said:

Your taking it too seriously. Heff is a breath of fresh air and a blast from the past that says it like he sees it. Opinions are like assoles, we all have one. I for one enjoy Heff's posts. I don't always agree, but I enjoy the delivery and point of view.

Options / discussion are one thing, but constant toxic negativity / hate (a lot of time unwarranted) is another. He has contributed nothing and continues to do so. And, was quick to jump ship to the Kraken, then back and forth! The guy has major issue!! 

1 hour ago, AnthonyG said:

Buddy you really are clueless when it comes to the devastation Gillass left behind. 
Benning is the reason we have a new era of hockey and it took him 5 years to build that new era.

Like how do you not comprehend a stealth rebuild at all??? First 5 years was a clear indication of a stealth rebuild, but I guess its hard for you to see with your eyes closed. Kept his picks, moved out vets, built through the draft, stole JT Miller outta tampa. COVID fucked us and piss poor starts by our star players the past 2 seasons is the reason for lack of playoff appearances.

Look at how long rebuilds take and how many teams make playoffs not once but twice while rebuilding from ground zero. We replaced a core, which is the now the new era, he went through A FLAT CAP while also dealing with pending contract negotiations. If he was as bad as you clowns make him out to be, he would have resigned Marky after his one and only good season and would have tried to resign Toffoli and Tanev and further handcuffed our cap situation in flat cap world. How well has Marky and Tanev panned out for calgary? Marky is a sieve, Tanev is always injured when it really counts and Toffoli is now onto his 3rd team since leaving 

Umm?  That is such a bad self-own post by you, that you must be Weisbrod.  It almost has to be satire how badly you post.

You literally picked three of Benning’s many mistakes as his best moves.

Tanev has been a virtual iron man since he left and is playing in a cheap team friendly contract.  We haven’t been able to replace him since he left.  Toffoli is on a cheap contract and is coming off a 73 point season, and was traded for a solid return… vs. Garland who can’t be given away.  Markstrom was a Vezina finalist - season ago.

Way better to have spent that money that summer on Virtanen, Nate Schmidt, and Holtby.  Those guys have been ripping it up for the Canucks!

Oh my goodness…

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

https://www.canucksfanforum.com/ignore/

You seemed to be having trouble finding this.  Here you go.

Like the last forum, it’s pretty hard to do when your crap starts consuming most threads. How about you learn / change!! But, that’s a chunk of society these days…never taking responsibility ever, even when wrong! 

Edited by 88Canuck

35 minutes ago, Hammertime said:

fair enough. He will be the fall guy for Brock Kuzz here though. That is evident. Maybe it's best he leaves. For everyone. Brock and Kuzz will have to play harder and I hope they will.   

If they play soft we will draft 14 OA. 

This has nothing to do with any player but him.  

• ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, RWJC said:

50/50.

terrible trade record and bad contract and asset management.

Pretty solid draft record in terms of picking franchise tag players and establishing our new core for the past 5 and next 5 years, at min. That is something to be thankful for.

at least he didn’t leave us in no man’s land like SJS or PHX or even ANA. 

As I’ve said before every team has bad contracts and bad money on the books. It’s a part of the game and trusting on players to perform per contract is almost always a gamble not to mention all the variables that occur within one season to the next making it a very inexact science. 

all in all Benning was a bit of a dud GM with some very bright spots. 

I'm tired of people saying his drafting was good. There were some major misses, Hughes fell into his lap anyone would have made that pick and Pettersson was the only real choice that worked out. 

Anehiem and san jose were still competitive and the for ducks having started rebuilding after us they aren't far behind.

As for comparing to Arizona lol, what a benchmark.

• Upvote 1