[Report] Conor Garland given permission to seek trade

Guessing it's more of a "hey, find us a trade for you" rather than him actually wanting out. But hopefully any trade involving him doesn't involve picks going out. Dude is a solid middle 6 guy on a semi-decent cap hit.

Kind of weird that the team has given 2 separate players permission to find trades in the last year. Are they not able to make the trade themselves? Lol. Like, this dude has literally no trade protection. Why do they need Garland and his agent to find a trade? Management be kinda silly.

Edited by JeremyCuddles
  • Upvote 2

Just now, JeremyCuddles said:

Guessing it's more of a "hey, find us a trade for you" rather than him actually wanting out. But hopefully any trade involving him doesn't involve picks going out. Dude is a solid middle 6 guy on a semi-decent cap hit. Kind of weird that the team has given 2 separate players permission to find trades in the last year. Are they not able to make the trade themselves? Lol. Like, this dude has literally no trade protection. Why do they need Garland and his agent to find a trade? Management be kinda silly.

Maybe Rutherford is napping and has no time to do the work anymore, and Allvin is lost without Rutherford who takes too many naps. 

Who Knows Idk GIF

7 minutes ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Just now - Friedman on Donnie and Dhali:

Garland and Canucks mutually agreed allowing him to find a better fit for him and team. Has a new agent.

• agent is currently working aggressively to find a new home for Garland
  • Dhali commented saying "its been a while the team wanting to move Garland, what changes now?". Friedman responded that he doesn't know whether the Canucks have changed their stance on the return for Garland. 
  • Says Soucy's injury really changed the cap outlook for the team. Team tight to the cap, and really want some flexibility. 

Canucks could have moved Garland over past years but the return was not what they wanted, now, either they will accept much less - but I doubt they want to take a crap contract back or add significant sweetener, now, they may be interested in adding an ok sweetener if it means cap flexibility coming back 

I would do Hogz (sweetener) + Garland to CBJ for Peeke 

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, JeremyCuddles said:

Kind of weird that the team has given 2 separate players permission to find trades in the last year.

No kidding, I don't see other teams doing this. Obviously a strategy by management in a difficult market. Average salary in the NHL is 3.5 per? Garland is an above average player. Hopefully this gets done

Just now, Rekker said:

The lengths and term, good grief. A legacy that bites. 

And he definitely has a legacy and has left a mark on this market, a really bad legacy and mark sadly. 

I never wish ill on any of our GM's, but Benning has to be one of the worst in recent memory. The last ten years has really been atrocious as a fan that loves this team. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Blitz-Pix said:

There's nothing like starting a new season with a little drama and controversy. 

It will give the media something to talk about...ALL SEASON LONG. 

It's not great for the Canucks though. I would've been completely happy if 24 hours to go, we have a quiet night before the start of the season. But now everything seems to be coming onto the service. This team needs a win badly to start the year. 

Just now, PureQuickness said:

The cap situation is on Allvin as much as it was on Benning. Allvin had a lot of time to clean house and clear cap. What does Allvin do instead? Get himself back into a cap situation.

I'm honestly not impressed with the hypocrisy with Allvin vs now.

It's hard to find trade partners right now. This was the slowest summer I can ever remember across the NHL for trades. Other than Karlsson, it was mostly small transactions.

Next summer will be a much looser environment in the league.

Just now, N4ZZY said:

And he definitely has a legacy and has left a mark on this market, a really bad legacy and mark sadly. 

I never wish ill on any of our GM's, but Benning has to be one of the worst in recent memory. The last ten years has really been atrocious as a fan that loves this team. 

But the thing is, our team was in a poor state of affairs during and after Gillis. We left the prospect pool so bare because of said GM's inability to draft AND develop. This reality was carried over to Benning who did a better job of drafting, but not necessarily for the development side. As a result of these realities, we are stuck trying to sign players and carrying the cap situation.

Benning was stuck because the cap got stuck. Allvin on the other hand had the luxury of seeing how much cap is coming up. And we're STILL stuck with the cap? The Benning blame has been done to death. This is all on Allvin at this point.

• Cheers 1