[Report] Conor Garland given permission to seek trade

8 hours ago, RWJC said:

what about a contender team who encounters a top 9 long term player injury in the season? i agree there's a lot of competing interest, but Garland remains a possibility in that sense, no?

This is what I'm hoping happens. Particularly if they have another winger expiring this summer. They get a surplus of depth with their injured winger coming back for playoffs, and a built in replacement for their expiring guy. With only a couple years term.

Edited by aGENT
  • Cheers 2

Bruce was on NHL radio this morning and was saying how he wasn’t surprised. 
Garland was wondering if signed with right team as soon as signed.
Feels he is top 6 winger and not getting much of that opportunity here being on 3rd line and second PP.  

All I can say to that is show Tocchet you are top 6 winger and you will be if your good enough.

I think he is middle six winger and isn’t even close to being a contender for our top PP. 

If they can find a home for him that doesn’t cost a tonne then great. I have little time for players that don’t want to earn what they get. 

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

I can't believe we haven't traded him yet, after showcasing those eye hand skills on that goal last night.....

🙂

Seriously, if he plays like that every night, someone is going to get good value on his contract. Just needs to be consistent and he'll make the job of trading him easy.

If he was playing that way all last year, they would have flipped him for a 1st round pick during the summer.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DrJockitch said:

Bruce was on NHL radio this morning and was saying how he wasn’t surprised. 
Garland was wondering if signed with right team as soon as signed.
Feels he is top 6 winger and not getting much of that opportunity here being on 3rd line and second PP.  

All I can say to that is show Tocchet you are top 6 winger and you will be if your good enough.

I think he is middle six winger and isn’t even close to being a contender for our top PP. 

If they can find a home for him that doesn’t cost a tonne then great. I have little time for players that don’t want to earn what they get. 

When I saw Studnicka on the pp instead of Garland I thought that was weird. 

Preseason yes but still weird. 

• ThereItIs 1

4 hours ago, aGENT said:

This is what I'm hoping happens. Particularly if they have another winger expiring this summer. They get a surplus of depth with their injured winger coming back for playoffs, and a built in replacement for their expiring guy. With only a couple years term.

That scenario might be possible but likely a small amount of teams that fit that description. The other prerequisite to that trade would be Garland sustaining a high level of play to start the season. If he is playing like a third liner for the first third of the season than why would a team trade for him knowing they will likely be overpaying him for the remainder of his contract. Contending teams generally don't have a lot of cap space and cannot afford to have Garland playing third line at that cap hit.

I would be okay with keeping Garland and moving Beau, yes longer term but Garland can produce in a limited role I dont think beau can nor will he sign for cheaper will he?

Firstly, I'd move myers with retention to gain some cap flexibility.

I would move Garland for a bigger winger with size and who could complement our top 6 better.

The wish is for a rhd but unless we are adding a piece on top of Garland like Podkolzin per say I dont see us getting a decent rhd back for Garland.

The end hope is Hoglander can fill garlands roster spot for a 1/4 the cap hit short term anyway 

25 minutes ago, TopCheese said:

Ya but if he keeps producing with petey and kuzy why even trade him you dont know what kind of player or potential your getting back why eliminate 20 goals and replace with a 10 goal guy 

20 goals?? Dude, he's on pace for a lot more than that!!🤣

17 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

The only feasible return would be more defensive help. 

No man after last night's game. I'm convinced we are a mid-80s hockey team now!!🤩

12 minutes ago, Satchmo said:

Didn't you see last night's game?  We don't need that anymore.😀

Bingo!!

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Lemon Face said:

We need brother.You will have chance to see coilers going directly in bones on Saturday.We need some brute(respect)on blue line

Both you and Blunt are quite right.   Maybe I should have used two smiley faces rather than just one (or just been funnier) to let everybody know I was not really serious.

9 minutes ago, Satchmo said:

Both you and Blunt are quite right.   Maybe I should have used two smiley faces rather than just one (or just been funnier) to let everybody know I was not really serious.

The defense looks miles better. Add Soucy in for next game, and the SoiledOnes will be even more challenged to generate offense than they were.

Get too close to Demko, and he'll puke on you!

• Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

The defense looks miles better. Add Soucy in for next game, and the SoiledOnes will be even more challenged to generate offense than they were.

Get too close to Demko, and he'll puke on you!

For all we know, McDiver caught the flu from him.

• ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, PhillipBlunt said:

I think McDanglingDeuce crapped his pants and didn't get to change out of them before the press cornered him. 

You know it’s not fair we changed goalies after Demko threw up in his mask. It’s disrespectful to them. It’s sending a message we don’t need our number one goalie to beat them. Those were some valid tears last night. 

• Haha 3
  • Vintage 1

11 minutes ago, Snoop Hogg said:

You know it’s not fair we changed goalies after Demko threw up in his mask. It’s disrespectful to them. It’s sending a message we don’t need our number one goalie to beat them. Those were some valid tears last night. 

Good point. It's all about McDickface's comfort level and the other team making sure he knows that they know he's great. 

Fuck that guy.

• ThereItIs 2

8 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Good point. It's all about McDickface's comfort level and the other team making sure he knows that they know he's great. 

Fuck that guy.

Then him and his fellow sore losers start playing dangerous and reckless, legitimately trying to hurt our players. So what? Guess we shouldn’t have sent out our top power play unit anyway. We were supposed to take a beating and just roll over for them, but we didn’t, so he cried?

Just now, Chickenspear said:

I can't really fault him for letting one slip, after a pounding like that, though...

:classic_ninja:

Maybe that's why Demko puked? He caught a whiff of Conor's coiler. 

1 minute ago, Snoop Hogg said:

Then him and his fellow sore losers start playing dangerous and reckless, legitimately trying to hurt our players. So what? Guess we shouldn’t have sent out our top power play unit anyway. We were supposed to take a beating and just roll over for them, but we didn’t, so he cried?

Our players will be the ones doing the hurting. On the PP, on the PK, in the corners, and on the scoresheet.

• ThereItIs 3