[Report] Conor Garland given permission to seek trade

2 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

well lets not go too far. It was McDiver and DraiBaby after all, I mean how much could it have hurt?

I did like Joshua answering the bell. 

Cryasitl is the best nickname I saw last night after he looked ready to bawl like a baby in the penalty box.

• Haha 4

I think Garland brings a lot to the table. His skill, speed, forechecking, and grit are much needed on that top line. He's a better choice than Bouviller, and I think Micheyev might be better on the third. 

Bouviller is the guy to go in my opinion 

Garland Pettersson Kuzmenko 

PDG Miller Boeser

Micheyev Suter Lafferty 

Joshua Blueger Hoglander 

• Cheers 4

1 minute ago, Rypien-Punch said:

I think Garland brings a lot to the table. His skill, speed, forechecking, and grit are much needed on that top line. He's a better choice than Bouviller, and I think Micheyev might be better on the third. 

PDG Miller Boeser

Micheyev Suter Lafferty 

Joshua Blueger Hoglander 

Also a lot easier to move as an expiring contract.

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, Combover said:

If there’s no trade for garland in which we don’t have to pay or retain to move him

then move Beauvillier. his expiring contract should be more desirable and we should  get something in return.  

This was definitely the thought when we acquired him as a PC in the Bo trade. I just don't see it playing out.

Garland interest 

Retaining on a three year contract doesn't sound like a good idea, especially given Garland's positive 5v5 point production. I have no idea about Fabbro and whether he is a solid reclamation target to play with Hughes, etc.

https://dailyhive.com/vancouver/predators-jets-trade-interest-canucks-garland

Edited by NoCupSyndrome
  • Thanks 1
  • Vintage 2
  • ThereItIs 1

8 minutes ago, NoCupSyndrome said:

Garland interest 

Retaining on a three year contract, especially given Garland's 5v5 point production. No idea about Fabbro and whether he is a solid reclamation target to play with Hughes, etc.

https://dailyhive.com/vancouver/predators-jets-trade-interest-canucks-garland

Is Fabbro better than Ethan Bear? If not, the Canucks might be better off waiting for Bear to get healthy and sign him.

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

Me I think Garland's contract we don't need retain as smer time ufa's with the same points got mire money then Garland.

Garland and Beau I would be listening to calls until we get a deal that works.

Say we want a RHD then add Woo.

Rathbone might be thrown in as he seems unhappy.

Either way we should be able to get a decent return.

As an older fan, Garland reminds me of Cliff Ronning. I like Garland's play and the Canuck staff needs to ensure he is utilized properly.  He has snarl and a bite which few Canucks show....Bouvilier should be traded in priority to Garland and WORST case scenario...if Garland must go, near the end of the year when his value is high.

• Cheers 4

27 minutes ago, Canuck You said:

We say we'd like for Garland to stay but does he want to? 

I wouldn't be surprised if both Garland and Beau are traded.

He wants to stay and play in the top 6, not be matched with plugs on the 3/4th constantly. He is able to drive offence there. the guy works his tail off every night

22 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

I don't think the issue is Garland wants to go. I think the team and player understands we need some cap room.

The player would like to have some say where he'd like to go to if possible.

I think the player wants to feel some security and be deployed properly.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Canuck You said:

We say we'd like for Garland to stay but does he want to? 

I wouldn't be surprised if both Garland and Beau are traded.

Trading them both would be a great way to shave cap, it'd be great if players like Podz and Hoglander could take steps forward this season and fill those slots.

This isn't to say Garland or Beau couldn't provide a level of value, we're just going to need to slot cheaper forwards into our lineup going forward as guys like Pettersson and Hronek get paid.

I'm hoping Beau is traded or allowed to walk for exactly this reason.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, Blackbeard said:

Is Fabbro better than Ethan Bear? If not, the Canucks might be better off waiting for Bear to get healthy and sign him.

Yeah Fabbro is ok, but not really what we need. And yes Bear is a comparable guy that would likely cost less. FAR rather see either Trenin or Sissons as part of the return, even if we need to add and/or retain a mil.

30 minutes ago, BC_Hawk said:

He wants to stay and play in the top 6, not be matched with plugs on the 3/4th constantly. He is able to drive offence there. the guy works his tail off every night

I think the player wants to feel some security and be deployed properly.

Problem being, he doesn't fill a need in our top 6, good player or not. If anything, we need another Mik to bump PDG down where he belongs. Garland is a good player that's a bad fit (for us).

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

So why can't Garland anchor a third line that is in essence a 2B line which makes the team that much more difficult to play against?  Garland is a good asset as his motor is always on which makes for effective back checking and positional play.  I would not like to see him go.

13 minutes ago, testycal said:

So why can't Garland anchor a third line that is in essence a 2B line which makes the team that much more difficult to play against?  Garland is a good asset as his motor is always on which makes for effective back checking and positional play.  I would not like to see him go.

Because in that role, and with who’s ahead of him in the top 6, he will still receive 3rd line mins and believes he’s capable of more if given more ice time. Basically he realizes his ceiling here and that he’s likely only ever going to get a limited role (barring injury)

Edited by RWJC

27 minutes ago, testycal said:

14 minutes ago, RWJC said:

Because in that role, and with who’s ahead of him in the top 6, he will still receive 3rd line mins and believes he’s capable of more if given more ice time. Basically he realizes his ceiling here and that he’s likely only ever going to get a limited role (barring injury)

This. 

Also still not a great fit given Suter isn't exactly huge and that's also likely the best line for Hoglander. All three are tenacious for their size...but Garland's going to always do better matched up with a bigger C and a bigger opposite wing.

18 hours ago, Rypien-Punch said:

PDG Miller Boeser

Micheyev Suter Lafferty 

Joshua Blueger Hoglander 

I agree completely, only hang up for me is if Garland does want out then see ya!