[Report] Conor Garland given permission to seek trade

Can’t see us getting anything for garland at this point. PA couldn’t find a trade for him his agent can’t seem to find a team that’s interested. 
Hed clear waivers at this point. 
More and more looks like 30% retained and probably a prospect or pick and that’s just to move him so. we’d have to add more to get D that’s actually an upgrade . 

he’s a serviceable player I sure hope they don’t pay (to much)  just to get rid of him. 

2 minutes ago, Combover said:

Can’t see us getting anything for garland at this point. PA couldn’t find a trade for him his agent can’t seem to find a team that’s interested. 
Hed clear waivers at this point. 
More and more looks like 30% retained and probably a prospect or pick and that’s just to move him so. we’d have to add more to get D that’s actually an upgrade . 

he’s a serviceable player I sure hope they don’t pay (to much)  just to get rid of him. 

Yeah, just trade the entire team while we're at it. They're all worthless in your books. lol

• Haha 1

To CBJ

Hoglander

Garland

Jett Woo or Juulsen 

To VAN

Peeke

Cuelemens

2024 5th round pick 

Milky Petey Kuzy

PDG Miller Boeser

Joshua Suter Beauvellier

Aman Bluegger Lafferty 

Hughes Hronek

Cole Peeke

Soucy Myers

---- Bear 

Edited by canucks curse

If Chicago is poking around, I'd be pretty happy to do Garland for Murphy one-for-one with no salary retained either way. We gain $500,000 in cap room and add a big RHD. Chicago gets an improvement on Corey Perry/Taylor Raddysh/Tyler Johnson to run shotgun with Bedard and Hall.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Diamonds said:

If Chicago is poking around, I'd be pretty happy to do Garland for Murphy one-for-one with no salary retained either way. We gain $500,000 in cap room and add a big RHD. Chicago gets an improvement on Corey Perry/Taylor Raddysh/Tyler Johnson to run shotgun with Bedard and Hall.

I would be interested in this 

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, flickyoursedin said:

Need Columbus and Nashville to have some scoring troubles and Garland to have a hot start and hopefully force another gm into making a trade. Would love Garland for Fabbro, Peeke or Boqvist trade to go down.

Interesting to see Chicago and Carolina enter the mix.  Two teams we've transacted with recently...

1 hour ago, The Lock said:

Yeah, just trade the entire team while we're at it. They're all worthless in your books. lol

Wtf are you talking about lol.
Untie your panties. 

they’ve been trying to trade garland for what a 6 months a year …. Now the agent suppose to make the trade and you think hes got trade value lolololol.

he’s a ok  player but we have no bargaining power other gms know this we need cap space team that have cap will take him at a cost pretty basic and widely known information. 

I’d rather keep him than pay to get rid of him since as I said above (before your tantrum)  he’s a serviceable player. 

but kick your feet have a little fit and tell yourself he’s a high value top six player that has a ton of value  yet nobody wants him. 
makes sense.

• ThereItIs 1

28 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

retaining money on Garly is a bad idea. We'll be shedding new Beau, Myers, and the cap goes up. Just work with that. 

Yup but only way garland goes is with retention and probably sweetener. 
doesn't reflect the player as much as the cap situation we once again find our selves.

moving AB would probably yield a better return and have no cost. and are we really resigning him anyways. 
Myers at the deadline should have decent value as a rental. 

• Vintage 1

We should aim for a bigger deal by offloading BOTH Garland and Beauvillier.... we seriously don't need them around if we can get Podz back with some boosted confidence & consistency!!

All we need now is a solid RHD plus a gritty guy tougher than Joshua in return!! The key is whether we'll give up picks/prospects or retain some salary %!!

5 minutes ago, Combover said:

Yup but only way garland goes is with retention and probably sweetener. 
doesn't reflect the player as much as the cap situation we once again find our selves.

moving AB would probably yield a better return and have no cost. and are we really resigning him anyways. 
Myers at the deadline should have decent value as a rental. 

I'd rather shed Beau than Garland, which is going to happen automatically. 

We can't retain any more money on guys, OEL is bad enough. 

• Vintage 2

37 minutes ago, canucks curse said:

I would be interested in this 

Likewise...Chicago should also be able to take Garland's full contract without retention, and they have RD Zaitsev scratched at $4.5M for one more year to backfill Murphy.  

34 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

retaining money on Garly is a bad idea. We'll be shedding new Beau, Myers, and the cap goes up. Just work with that. 

Agreed...not loving the reports that the Canucks will have to retain to trade him. 

• ThereItIs 1

Canucks Willing to Take a Player With Term in Garland Trade

During his recent 32 Thoughts podcast, Elliotte Friedman noted that he got pushback from a few sources on his report that the Canucks were only willing to take a contract back in a Conor Garland trade if that contract was going to expire at the end of this season. He now reports that is not accurate.

Apparently, if the Canucks like a player, they are willing to take that player with term if it makes sense and still allows them to win the deal financially and bank salary cap.

https://thehockeywriters.com/nhl-rumors-october-16-2023/

9 minutes ago, RWJC said:

During his recent 32 Thoughts podcast, Elliotte Friedman noted that he got pushback from a few sources on his report that the Canucks were only willing to take a contract back in a Conor Garland trade if that contract was going to expire at the end of this season. He now reports that is not accurate.

Apparently, if the Canucks like a player, they are willing to take that player with term if it makes sense and still allows them to win the deal financially and bank salary cap.

Just get it done already. I still have a bitter taste in my mouth from the OEL trade in the first place. I didn't like it when it happened, I don't like it now, and the fact we chased that trade down the damn rabbit hole for 2 off seasons just pisses me off.

• Cheers 1

Transcript really makes these two sound like a couple of dimwits, but anyway:

NHL Rumors: A Couple Teams Like Conor Garland but at a Reduced Salary

10/16/2023

Mark Easson

Donnie & Dhali: Rick Dhaliwal and Don Taylor on the latest involving Conor Garland and the Vancouver Canucks.

** NHLRumors.com transcription

Taylor: “You had some news regarding Conor Garland.”

Dhaliwal: “Well, I just wanted to say this Donnie. I was told night that both sides continue to work the phones, the Canucks and Garland’s new agent Judd Muldaver. Muldaver, um.

Taylor: “Is it Muldaver Muldaver?”

Dhaliwal: “You’re looking at me, and waiting for me to screw up the name.”

Taylor: “What’s his old agent?”

Dhaliwal: “Peter Cooney. Good guy, Peter Cooney. Let me get going here.”

Taylor: “So Muldaver isn’t a good guy?”

Dhaliwal: “No, but Cooney’s a good guy. I’ve known him 20-30 years. Good guy.

Muldaver knows this contract Donnie with term in a capped out NHL won’t be easy. The agent is going to need help from the Canucks.

Retaining on Garland or adding a sweetener, that’s what, that’s what teams want. Teams think that Garland is a $3 million player, not a $5 million player. That’s why the Canucks haven’t been able to move him for the past year.

If the Canucks can retain 30 percent Don, that’s $1.5 million, that makes the agents’ job a whole lot easier. That’s the word out there. That if the Canucks can get to $1.5 (million) on retention, it’s gonna help.”

Taylor: “Okay, can I just say something here? ”

Dhaliwal: “Go ahead.”

Taylor: “Okay, those numbers are fabulous. Outstanding. For that we’ll get you a gift certificate to Sammy J Peppers, but there’s a couple teams interested in Conor Garland, right?”

Dhaliwal: “Yeah. I’m getting to that. That was next. My goodness.

There are teams interested. I was told last night Nashville and someone told me Winnipeg. There’s others as well.

You know why there’s teams interested? Because they’ve been trying to move the guy for over a year Don.

So anyways, that’s the good news. There is interest in the player. But sadly for the Canucks the interest is not there at $4.9 million. They got to get that number down.”

https://nhlrumors.com/nhl-rumors-a-couple-teams-like-conor-garland-but-at-a-reduced-salary/2023/10/16/

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, RWJC said:

They're not banking much salary cap until Poolman is off the books.  That might point to a trade with Chicago who openly weaponized cap space for picks in taking on Zaitsev last season. 

Edited by Huggy Bear
  • Cheers 1

18 minutes ago, CaptainQuin said:

Curious that Washington is interested ??

anyone know if they have anyone in their lineup that would make sense to trade garland for ??

Nick Jensen is who I'd want. Good get stopgap option at RD while we wait for Willander to be ready. I'd love Iorio, but not a realistic return for Garland.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Way it is Garland is paid fair if you look at summer deals.

Garland and Woo or Juulsen

For a RHD with term.

This way after seasons end one of McWard or Johansson can step in.Hirose will take Coles place and we will have great D.

Any other trade doesn't make sense unless we do two and second involved Beau.