[Report] Conor Garland given permission to seek trade

16 minutes ago, Bure10Kuzmenko96 said:

Can OEL fight? Can OEL hit? No. Soucy can do both and is much better and younger

No, not yet

Better overall... Probably not. Better fit for our needs? Probably. Funny thing is Hughes, Hronek and OEL all really needed partners like Cole and Soucy.... Unfortunately the only way to get them was buying out OEL for the cap space 😂

Anyway.... This is the Bruce firing thread, back on topic.

• Cheers 2

2 hours ago, 88Canuck said:

99% of what he posts is toxic, negative and hateful and it’s been going on for a while! An opinion / discussion are one thing, but what he does is a whole other. And sadly, some defend this stuff he does. Crazy really! 

You miss the point.
Complain all you want but if you had a very strong counter opinion to something, whether others thought it right or wrong, you’d still want your right maintained to voice it. 

You just used that right to express your opinion about someone else. That’s what’s being defended. Not the content. Get that straight. it applies directly to you too.

The crazy part is people who want double standards imposed on others. Just accept someone has different thoughts than you and allow them that instead of exclaiming you have authority over it. Why is that so hard?

Is your ego that fragile you can’t allow it? 

and @Alflives no offense man, with some of your takes it’s a bit strange to see you “liking” statements like that. Ironically, many people on CDC used to say the same about you that they said about Heffy, but here you are still supported. 

Edited by RWJC
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 3

4 minutes ago, RWJC said:

You miss the point.
Complain all you want but if you had a very strong counter opinion to something, whether others thought it right or wrong, you’d still want your right maintained to voice it. 

You just used that right to express your opinion about someone else. That’s what’s being defended. Not the content. Get that straight. it applies directly to you too.

The crazy part is people who want double standards imposed on others. Just accept someone has different thoughts than you and allow them that instead of exclaiming you have authority over it. Why is that so hard?

Is your ego that fragile you can’t allow it? 

and @Alflives no offense man, with some of your takes but strange to see you “liking” statements like that. Ironically, many people on CDC used to say the same about you that they said about Heffy, but here you are still supported. 

If you can’t see the difference, that’s not my issue!! And again, I’m not the only one with an issue with it! If you think spewing hate is okay, then I’d do a little digging re: morals & values. But hey, go ahead and keep supporting it / enabling it. 

2 hours ago, Alflives said:

Actually no. Soucy will eat pucks. OEL won’t. OEL is soft. Can’t have him. Panthers will miss the playoffs. Soucy will help us make the playoffs.

Benning got us a great core, but his “day to day” management style cost us a lot in the supporting group. New management is cleansing the Benning stains. 

Good thing is it isl easier to find support than it is to build a core. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, AnthonyG said:

Good thing is it isl easier to find support than it is to build a core. 

it can be, but Allvin has to find some more players that are high value low salary, which is very hard to do. Maybe Friedman is one like that? we'll see. Willander certainly could be. Hirose. But we need a lot more size and skill in the top 9 too, not sure where he's going to bargain shop there. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 2

17 minutes ago, RWJC said:

I can see the difference…and that’s what’s gives us a balance.
You can call it what you want…but you voluntarily come here to be exposed to all sorts of takes, obviously moderated under specific rules.
And guess what…Heffy’s account still exists and has before you. What does that tell you? Here’s a little history lesson for you:

IMG_9093.thumb.png.c612743f96ef3e1862c5db0e7bc38674.png

His voice was and is accepted, even if the majority don’t agree with what he says. That’s fact. 

So all I’m saying to you is try to get over it and allow him that, because the folks that govern overall use have give him provision. Unless of course, you think your opinion and intent is far more important than the people running the site…?

And yeah I will continue to “enable”

his opinion, just like I will yours.
You’re welcome. 

I’m not going to respond to all of this, but this is an example (not quotes, just a general example of what’s going on).

Opinion: I’m not 100% on board with Tocchet as our couch as I don’t like / agree with his history Re: gambling. But, maybe I’ll wait and see and maybe my opinion will change or maybe it won’t. 

Heffy: Tocchet is a criminal and a piece of s*** human being! He should not be our coach. This management and coach are f’n a***** and need to be fired because of [blah blah blah (some stuff not backed up by facts)]! 

While not his exact words, you get the idea…go read his post going back to last year. Not only toxic and negative, but the hate is unreal and 100% crosses the line over and over. That’s not about an opinion or discussion, that is 100% about an agenda and personal grudge / hate towards others. Some def unwarranted / not backed up by facts. 

You also need to understand the difference between bad / unwarranted behaviour and people calling out said behaviour. They are 100% different and should not be made to be the same thing. That’d be like being mad at a parent for holding their kid accountable for doing something bad / bad behaviour, but some want to let the inmates run the asylum as some say. 

4 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

it can be, but Allvin has to find some more players that are high value low salary, which is very hard to do. Maybe Friedman is one like that? we'll see. Willander certainly could be. Hirose. But we need a lot more size and skill in the top 9 too, not sure where he's going to bargain shop there. 

Who knows perhaps we have some guys in our system that could develop into the guys we need on ELCs. If you look back at almost every cup winner, key players in those cups were guys called up after a few years of development that came in on cheap ass deals that made the difference. Thats really where we need to focus now, is finding that solution from within and stop trading for guys on more expensive deals. PIT, CHI, LAK, STL, TBL…. Had key players who spent a couple years developing and then got brought up at the right time. Its been ages since we had a solid pipeline of prospects. The old Moose days is the last time we were able to seamlessly transition guys from the minors to the majors. Now that we have that core in place, we are finally getting back to that place. 

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, AnthonyG said:

Who knows perhaps we have some guys in our system that could develop into the guys we need on ELCs. If you look back at almost every cup winner, key players in those cups were guys called up after a few years of development that came in on cheap ass deals that made the difference. Thats really where we need to focus now, is finding that solution from within and stop trading for guys on more expensive deals. PIT, CHI, LAK, STL, TBL…. Had key players who spent a couple years developing and then got brought up at the right time. Its been ages since we had a solid pipeline of prospects. The old Moose days is the last time we were able to seamlessly transition guys from the minors to the majors. Now that we have that core in place, we are finally getting back to that place. 

I was really hoping Podz would be that guy this year, but seems like he was overwhelmed a bit. Maybe he'll be ready by the time the TDL rolls around. If we can dump Beauvillier and bring in a ready Podz that would be great. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3

4 minutes ago, 88Canuck said:

Opinion: I’m not 100% on board with Tocchet as our couch as I don’t like / agree with his history Re: gambling. But, maybe I’ll wait and see and maybe my opinion will change or maybe it won’t.  

Yea idk man, Tocchet isnt someone I’d be comfortable sitting on either. He makes a better coach than a couch.jkjk

I do get what you are getting at. Which is probably why I get into it with people here on the forums so much is because of the constant negativity. It really is overwhelming how negative this fan base/forums can be. Ignore a 100 positives only to bitch and complain endlessly about 1 or 2 negatives.

I battled depression from the time I was 14 to the age of 29. It took changing my view and the birth of my daughter to overcome depression. I looked only for the positives in any and all situations/circumstances. There is ALWAYS a positive. I wish more fans looked and spoke of positives and set the negatives to the wayside. Its unhealthy.

• Cheers 3

6 minutes ago, 88Canuck said:

I’m not going to respond to all of this, but this is an example (not quotes, just a general example of what’s going on).

Heffy: Tocchet is a criminal and a piece of s*** human being! He should not be our coach. This management and coach are f’n a***** and need to be fired because of [blah blah blah (some stuff not backed up by facts)]! 

While not his exact words, you get the idea…go read his post going back to last year. Not only toxic and negative, but the hate is unreal and 100% crosses the line over and over. That’s not about an opinion or discussion, that is 100% about an agenda and personal grudge / hate towards others. Some def unwarranted / not backed up by facts. 

You also need to understand the difference between bad / unwarranted behaviour and people calling out said behaviour. They are 100% different and should not be made to be the same thing. That’d be like being mad at a parent for holding their kid accountable for doing something bad / bad behaviour, but some want to let the inmates run the asylum as some say. 

I understand what you’re saying. I do. 
But he is entitled to say those things if he chooses. You may not agree and that’s more than ok. He’s not attacking any CFF members personally here though, yet you are almost on the fringe of doing so yourself. Not saying you are, but it’s obviously becoming personal now. 

If you feel that way then use the tools on the site and report it and we will see what the outcome is. That’s probably the best course of action.

Again, I’m not saying don’t argue back or censor yourself in any way. I just caution against trying to use your voice to have someone else’s repressed, or worse, removed entirely. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, 88Canuck said:

If you can’t see the difference, that’s not my issue!! And again, I’m not the only one with an issue with it! If you think spewing hate is okay, then I’d do a little digging re: morals & values. But hey, go ahead and keep supporting it / enabling it. 

I don't always agree with @King Heffy and believe he goes to extremes and hyperbole, far too often. I do however really respect his opinions, and he's become one of my favourite posters over the years. 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

Honestly I don’t understand why management wants to get rid of Garland so bad right now when his value is low. Build up his value, have him ride shotgun with Petey and Kuzmenko getting 40-50+ points  and when the cap goes up next season that contract won’t look like negative value.

At this point Garland on this team has much more value then to trade him (with 30% retained for the next two seasons after this is just another example of how rushed the cap spending keeps putting us in these positions that GMs know we aren’t in a position to make a fair deal.  

Why force ourselves to make this low valued trade and eat more dead salary is just asinine at this point. Agree with @Diamonds that whenever this trade keeps getting brought up, it pisses me off so much that we made the trade to begin with. Leave it alone and let’s keep the one asset that is still effective and useful on this roster rather then shed some salary and eat basically a third of his salary for this and two more seasons.  For what? Some spare parts/former penguins? If the goal is to be in the playoffs this year, wouldn’t we want a player like Garland to be a part of it? Garland is exactly the type of player teams want to have in the post season. He has clutch burrows vibes for the playoffs. Why offload him now when playoffs are the goal?

When the cap goes up in the summer after a good campaign from Garlic, then a trade makes sense. But not now when teams know we are looking desperate. Let’s be patient and not force something that just isn’t there right now. 

Edited by EP Phone Home
  • Cheers 1