[Report] Conor Garland given permission to seek trade

5 minutes ago, Attila Umbrus said:

They played as a line in pre season and they were an absolute handful. I think Toc is averse to that line because they are all small…but who cares if they are buzzing about keeping the puck out of their dzone. 

I have liked Joshua lately too. So he does bring some size there. But I don’t think they need it.

Drop Joshua down with Lafferty and Blueger when he’s back. Thats a heck if 4th line.

Yeah, Joshua - Blueger - Lafferty is a quality 4th line

• Cheers 1

Just now, canucks curse said:

To STL

Garland 

Myers 

2025 1st 

klimovich 

hoglander 

To VAN

Justin Faulk 

2024 3rd 

Didn't Justin faulk refuse to cross the border in Canada over vaccines?  Hard no from me, and probably him as well.

4 minutes ago, stawns said:

I hope tocchet isn't a dinosaur about that kind of thing.  Size isn't much of a factor anymore, despite the hand wringing over it on here.  Garland is one of the grittier players on the team and hogz plays a very similar style.  That gives them three offensive lines and a big, pretty fast 4th line

I think Toc has a bit of that in him…he really wants Joshua to succeed. Which I kinda don’t blame him. We are pretty light forward wise. That being said, the way he’s been rolling 4 lines, Joshua would still be effective on the 4th line.

• Vintage 1

7 minutes ago, stawns said:

Didn't Justin faulk refuse to cross the border in Canada over vaccines?  Hard no from me, and probably him as well.

I think the point was we could get all that cap space in trade for a quart of potatoes. or a trading stamp. Just need a buyer

6 minutes ago, stawns said:

I hope tocchet isn't a dinosaur about that kind of thing.  Size isn't much of a factor anymore, despite the hand wringing over it on here.  Garland is one of the grittier players on the team and hogz plays a very similar style.  That gives them three offensive lines and a big, pretty fast 4th line

I think Tocc likes Gar's game.  He's said some good things about him, so I think if Conor is a good fit on

a line, he'll want to keep him. 

• Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

11 minutes ago, canucks curse said:

To STL

Garland 

Myers 

2025 1st 

klimovich 

hoglander 

To VAN

Justin Faulk 

2024 3rd 

If we are moving a 1st round pick, I hope it's a sign and trade for Pesce.

1st, Beauvillier, Hoglander. 

Not really good at these things, but something like that.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

17 minutes ago, canucks curse said:

To STL

Garland 

Myers 

2025 1st 

klimovich 

hoglander 

To VAN

Justin Faulk 

2024 3rd 

Faulk has previously basically said “Faulk You” to ever playing for a Canadian team. 

And that proposal isn’t very likely at all. Sorry.

• Cheers 1

Just now, J-23 said:

If we are moving a 1st round pick, I hope it's a sign and trade for Pesce.

1st, Beauvillier, Hoglander. 

Not really good at these things, but something like that.

Yup. I don’t see Allvin moving our own first. If he can somehow get another clubs first he will certainly use that, like he did with Bo. Maybe Allvin can get another club’s second and use that? Pesce would be great. Just don’t see a path, right now, to getting him via trade. Sadly these elite level D rarely make it to free agency. They either sign and stay or are traded (as you suggest we do) to a new club and sign there. 
If we could get Pesce would he go eith Hughes and Hronek anchor our second pairing? 

• Cheers 1

24 minutes ago, Attila Umbrus said:

They played as a line in pre season and they were an absolute handful. I think Toc is averse to that line because they are all small…but who cares if they are buzzing about keeping the puck out of their dzone. 

I have liked Joshua lately too. So he does bring some size there. But I don’t think they need it.

Drop Joshua down with Lafferty and Blueger when he’s back. Thats a heck if 4th line.

Kuzmenko     Pettersson     Mikheyev

Joshua          Blueger          Lafferty

IMO, we have 2 complete lines.  The first line and the 4th line.  What we are missing is a couple players in the middle Lines.  Love PDG, but he needs to be on the 3rd line not in the top 6.  We need to find a big bruising power forward who can play with Miller and Boeser.  PDG and Suter works on the 3rd line.  We need to find them a complimentary winger as well.  Hoglander could be moved up and down the lineup as the 13th forward.  So this means Beauvillier and Garland need to go.

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

Just now, Elias Pettersson said:

Kuzmenko     Pettersson     Mikheyev

Joshua          Blueger          Lafferty

IMO, we have 2 complete lines.  The first line and the 4th line.  What we are missing is a couple players in the middle Lines.  Love PDG, but he needs to be on the 3rd line not in the top 6.  We need to find a big bruising power forward who can play with Miller and Boeser.  PDG and Suter works on the 3rd line.  We need to find them a complimentary winger as well.  Hoglander could be moved up and down the lineup as the 13th forward.  So this means Beauvillier and Garland need to go.

In an individual context, maybe.  However, that line works and PDG is a big part of why.  If for no other reason, it means that Miller doesn't have to be the first forechecker in, allowing him to sit back and see how the play develops.

PDG forces the turnover, Miller gets the turnover on Boesers stick and Boes gets the shot on net.

• Like 1
  • Huggy Bear 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

13 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Yup. I don’t see Allvin moving our own first. If he can somehow get another clubs first he will certainly use that, like he did with Bo. Maybe Allvin can get another club’s second and use that? Pesce would be great. Just don’t see a path, right now, to getting him via trade. Sadly these elite level D rarely make it to free agency. They either sign and stay or are traded (as you suggest we do) to a new club and sign there. 
If we could get Pesce would he go eith Hughes and Hronek anchor our second pairing? 

I don't want to trade another 1st either but if we are going to move it.

1st, Beauvillier, Hoglander for Pesce

Garland + for Peeke

No chance any of these deals happen but:

Hughes - Pesce

Cole - Hronek

Soucy - Myers/Peeke

Then we got Willander and Hunter also, when they are ready to go we can trade one of these guys on our roster. This scenario only works if everything goes right. 

Edited by J-23
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, J-23 said:

I don't want to trade another 1st either but if we are going to move it.

1st, Beauvillier, Hoglander for Pesce

Garland + for Peeke

No chance any of these deals happen but:

Hughes - Pesce

Cole - Hronek

Soucy - Myers/Peeke

Then we got Willander and Hunter also, when they are ready to go we can trade one of these guys on our roster. This scenario only works if everything goes right. 

Love these ideas! Who thought Allvin could turn Horfat Wallet into a 25 year old, elite right shot D? Yet he did. So maybe what you’re suggesting can actually happen? Our D would be top five n the league. Maybe even better. 

• Huggy Bear 1

18 minutes ago, stawns said:

In an individual context, maybe.  However, that line works and PDG is a big part of why.  If for no other reason, it means that Miller doesn't have to be the first forechecker in, allowing him to sit back and see how the play develops.

PDG forces the turnover, Miller gets the turnover on Boesers stick and Boes gets the shot on net.

PDG works with Miller and Boeser.  However, at some point you need more scoring from that 3rd player.  PDG is not a top 6 forward.  I have no problem with him on the 3rd line.  We need a Lawson Crouse type to complete the top 6 and to get bigger and tougher up front.  Especially given our lack of size on the 3rd line...

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Very non Benning of you Alf!  Most eccelent!

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

PDG works with Miller and Boeser.  However, at some point you need more scoring from that 3rd player.  PDG is not a top 6 forward.  I have no problem with him on the 3rd line.  We need a Lawson Crouse type to complete the top 6 and to get bigger and tougher up front.  Especially given our lack of size on the 3rd line...

Not everyone on a line needs numbers.  That line works well, that's all that matters

• Huggy Bear 1

7 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I disagree with you here, that line works well because of him. 

4 minutes ago, stawns said:

Not everyone on a line needs numbers.  That line works well, that's all that matters

It works well when Boeser is getting 4 goals in one game.  Once the goals dry up on his side, the other winger needs to contribute.  Not sure there are many top 6 wingers in the league who are putting up 15 points in a year...

1 minute ago, J-23 said:

I disagree with you here, that line works well because of him. 

Do you think it's sustainable to have a 15-point winger in your top 6?

I’d say run with PDG on that line until it goes stale. JTM majorly benefits from someone with that work ethic. Like most things, it will eventually run its course though and Tocchet will blenderize. Until then, it means we’re getting great value out of a cheap cap hit utility player. That’s exactly the kind of option you need to help become a competitive club. 

• Huggy Bear 1
  • Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

PDG and Suter works on the 3rd line.  We need to find them a complimentary winger as well.  Hoglander could be moved up and down the lineup as the 13th forward.  So this means Beauvillier and Garland need to go.

Brilliant. :towel:

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1