[Report] Conor Garland given permission to seek trade

1 hour ago, MeanSeanBean said:

No surprise here. You gotta think if anyone wanted to trade for him we would have seen one go down by now? Time to move on from the OEL trade and everything to do with it.

We have another eight years of suffering thanks to the idiots in the front office.  No surprise they're too incompetent to be able to do their job properly and find a trade.

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, JayDangles said:

I'm assuming you meant the 1st pick in the 5th round right? Garland has negative value. We could put him on waivers and no one will take him for free. Not to say he's a bad player, but there are way too many factors keeping him here.

Perhaps I wasn't clear. We'd have to give them a 1st to take him. 🤦‍♂️

• ThereItIs 1

3 minutes ago, John.Tallhouse said:

They’re very similar the difference is Garland is a bottom 6 guy, Boeser is an alleged top 6 player so surely the standard for each must be different. Garland is closer to the standard expected of a player of his calibre. Brock isn’t, the fact he’s even being compared to a Garland type is a massive L for him. 

Garlands play has been more noticeable

and explosive than Boesers , these moments are few and far between but a Boeser play hasn’t brought me out of my seat in a few seasons. 

I'd counter point that shouldn't Garland be standing out far more in his hits and blocks if he's a bottom 6 and Boeser is a top 6? Which he does not, he actually falls behind.

Garland also wasn't brought in to be a bottom 6 guy. He was brought in because he had increased his scoring profile to be a top 6 guy, but then hasn't been able to earn a top 6 spot in awhile. At least Boeser so far this year has looked to have upped his play to a fixture on the 2nd line, while Garland has been a fixture on the bottom 6. He was even given top line minutes, and wasn't able do do anything with them in preseason.

I actually disagree with Garland bringing me out of my seat. I haven't seen anything in a few seasons that's excited me about his play. Sometimes it's kinda funny to see him score from behind the goal line, or shooting at 75 degree angles, but I just feel like we are watching a different player here. But this hard nose player you describe has been generally missing in action since the year we acquired him.

Garland has been unable to find chemistry with anyone on the team, and his play has worked his way down the depth charts.

• Cheers 3
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

We have another eight years of suffering thanks to the idiots in the front office.  No surprise they're too incompetent to be able to do their job properly and find a trade.

8 years?  How about suffering for the entire Canucks existence?  No Cup to show for the bestest Canucks team forever.

Just now, The Colt 45s said:

8 years?  How about suffering for the entire Canucks existence?  No Cup to show for the bestest Canucks team forever.

Well eight years is the minimum so far thanks to Rutherford being stupid enough to sabotage the team with dead cap.  Sadly, this management group is causing irreparable damage with their continued misconduct and gross incompetence.

• Haha 1

Just now, King Heffy said:

Well eight years is the minimum so far thanks to Rutherford being stupid enough to sabotage the team with dead cap.  Sadly, this management group is causing irreparable damage with their continued misconduct and gross incompetence.

I guess the future will tell us where we are at.  I am just so tired of watching the first period and witnessing the Canucks not show up.  

Just now, The Colt 45s said:

I guess the future will tell us where we are at.  I am just so tired of watching the first period and witnessing the Canucks not show up.  

Organizational culture needs to be changed from the top down, starting with the worthless piece of trash in the President's office.

8 minutes ago, MeanSeanBean said:

I'd counter point that shouldn't Garland be standing out far more in his hits and blocks if he's a bottom 6 and Boeser is a top 6? Which he does not, he actually falls behind.

Garland also wasn't brought in to be a bottom 6 guy. He was brought in because he had increased his scoring profile to be a top 6 guy, but then hasn't been able to earn a top 6 spot in awhile. At least Boeser so far this year has looked to have upped his play to a fixture on the 2nd line, while Garland has been a fixture on the bottom 6. He was even given top line minutes, and wasn't able do do anything with them in preseason.

I actually disagree with Garland bringing me out of my seat. I haven't seen anything in a few seasons that's excited me about his play. Sometimes it's kinda funny to see him score from behind the goal line, or shooting at 75 degree angles, but I just feel like we are watching a different player here. But this hard nose player you describe has been generally missing in action since the year we acquired him.

Garland has been unable to find chemistry with anyone on the team, and his play has worked his way down the depth charts.

“Bringing me out of my seat” might have been a little rich of me to say 😅 but stats aside he has been more noticeable to me when I watch games and I’m not an expert obviously there are a ton of little things I may not notice that brock does but the expectations vs reality with him are more stark in my opinion.

Not trying to defend Garland too much as he has been invisible a lot of nights. I didn’t think he was brought in to play top 6 I thought they brought him in to compliment them and maybe move up the line up when needed. Either way he hasn’t lived up to expectations either but I would still rather have him on my squad. 

• Cheers 1

33 minutes ago, Provost said:

No one is offering that… if that weee the case he would have been gone a long time ago.

Other teams presumably want a bunch of cap retention or offloading an equally bad or worse contract on us…. Or they want a big sweetener to take on that cap hit.  We aren’t talking a 5th round pick or middling prospect.  Sweeteners for that kind of money are high picks.  It took a 2nd rounder and taking on Stillman’s contract to offload $2.6 million in total cap liability.

We are talking $17 million in cap liability here.

to be fair to Garly, he could be an effective player for the right situation, its not like he's a Loui-level liability on the ice. I'm sure that Allvin has looked at the options but who knows, maybe someone wants him for free, stranger things have happened. 

Crappy thing about this is that BB was the player we wanted rid of.

Now Garland suffers.

Both have close numbers but Garland plays harder.

Gonna miss him but at his cap every player with similar numbers gets the same or more.

Should be able to get a decent D for him and throw in Rathbone who seems unhappy.Add futures just cause lol.

16 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

to be fair to Garly, he could be an effective player for the right situation, its not like he's a Loui-level liability on the ice. I'm sure that Allvin has looked at the options but who knows, maybe someone wants him for free, stranger things have happened. 

I don’t think he is a bad player, but if he was tradeable for free, then he would be gone.

If you waived him, no one picks him up.  They would have tried already to clear the space.  He has been on the block for a long time.

• Vintage 1

57 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Players agents is a great start as the player may like a team and get the ball rolling.

I see no problem with this.

I am sure Alvin has asked but might not have liked the deal,but if the player wants that team I am sure Alvin would make it happen.

Good way to keep players happy.That goes a long way in the future for players coming here.