[Speculation] Philadelphia Flyers Willing To Take On Salary

RWJC

trade Boeser, promote Garland to his spot. 

Seriously, Garland is a solid 50-point producer. You put him on the second line with Miller and he'll do really well. Garland makes less than Boeser too and can do the same kind of thing. 

This team is absolutely dreadful and will be for a longtime on account of the fact that they're constantly trading draft picks 

1 hour ago, Morrissex95 said:

trade Boeser, promote Garland to his spot. 

Seriously, Garland is a solid 50-point producer. You put him on the second line with Miller and he'll do really well. Garland makes less than Boeser too and can do the same kind of thing. 

This team is absolutely dreadful and will be for a longtime on account of the fact that they're constantly trading draft picks 

The whole reason Philly is willing to take on salary is to acquire draft picks. We are not trading a 1st to dump Boeser's contract (which your post indicates that you also don't want us to do). Garland is the one primarily being shopped right now because his contract should be the more moveable of the two.

• Vintage 1

23 minutes ago, Diamonds said:

The whole reason Philly is willing to take on salary is to acquire draft picks. We are not trading a 1st to dump Boeser's contract (which your post indicates that you also don't want us to do). Garland is the one primarily being shopped right now because his contract should be the more moveable of the two.

There should be no one left on our roster that we have to pay to move. We may have to do it for free or close to it but burning more picks makes no sense.

• Cheers 1

5 hours ago, Bob Long said:

There should be no one left on our roster that we have to pay to move. We may have to do it for free or close to it but burning more picks makes no sense.

Only hypothetical caveat would be if there is a secondary trade afterwards that immediately makes us a much better team, but in order to do that we must first clear cap to achieve it.

That secondary trade would have to be a no brainer though. Likely something along the lines of another top 4 RHD (relieving cap for trading team) for a couple solid prospects from us type thing. Not saying it should be done - definitely hope not -  but saying it does remain a potential scenario. 

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, RWJC said:

Only hypothetical caveat would be if there is a secondary trade afterwards that immediately makes us a much better team, but in order to do that we must first clear cap to achieve it.

That secondary trade would have to be a no brainer though. Likely something along the lines of another top 4 RHD (relieving cap for trading team) for a couple solid prospects from us type thing. Not saying it should be done - definitely hope not -  but saying it does remain a potential scenario. 

Yep in that case we can assess the entire transaction and see if it's a net overpayment.

• Cheers 1

On 10/11/2023 at 4:38 PM, RWJC said:

People are going think I’m nuts but I’d ship Garland (no salary retained), Rathbone and a 1st round pick to MTL for Arber Xhekaj and Michael Pezzetta.

I would love to have a guy like Xhekaj on this team for the next decade in our D rotation. 

He just stood up to Ryan Reaves after a cheap shot hit to his D partner, and although it wasn’t much of a scrap, he manhandled Reaves a bit which was quite impressive. 

While we're at it, I'll take his younger brother Florian too, another big, strong kid....seriously though, Arber would be 2030 Bitcoin valuable to this team, oh man.

On 10/11/2023 at 4:39 PM, canuck73_3 said:

Doubt Montreal would even consider but I would love that deal. 

Agreed, but I would love it too.

• Cheers 2