[Article] Canucks will ‘follow the league rules’ on Pride Tape and specialty jerseys

RWJC

57 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

yes, there is and you're doing all you can to avoid it. Its called stigma and harassment for many women in the trades. Many men don't want them there. 

What do you mean 'females have higher caretaking ability'? so you've never gone to a male doctor?

it took a 3 second google search to find a list of athletes for you: https://playersbio.com/lgbtq-athletes/

As for your suggestion for a lack of black players in the NHL, you might want to go back and edit that out of existence. 

You have decided that there's some list of characteristics out there that defines people, apparently for all time. Not sure where you are getting this from, can you explain that a bit?

Interesting that only 14 of the 30, less than half, are non or low contact sports. And of those 14, a good majority are female not male. 

I didn’t say females have higher caretaking ability. You purposefully left out the word “tend to have”, which is my point. That explains the 12% of male nurses that choose that profession and do have great caretaking ability. The point is males tend to gravitate to certain professions and so do females, but of course there are exceptions. Those exceptions are minorities within their respective gender. To further emphasize what I am saying answer these questions. 

A male and female on earth is chosen at random. If you had to bet your life on the answer to this question, which would you guess:

Which person works as a bricklayer? 
Which person works as a nurse? 
Which person orders a salad at dinner?

Which person orders a double cheeseburger at dinner? 
Which person drives a truck? 
Which person prefers pink as their favourite colour? 

You can probably guess right to a majority of these questions. But of course, sometimes you will have surprises and be incorrect and that’s totally okay. And that doesn’t mean anything negative to that person who is outside of the norm, and it shouldn’t be offensive or insulting to anybody to know the reality of characteristics, preferences, and tendencies between men and women in a general way. 

• Cheers 1

Just now, Swizzey said:

Interesting that only 14 of the 30, less than half, are non or low contact sports. And of those 14, a good majority are female not male. 

I didn’t say females have higher caretaking ability. You purposefully left out the word “tend to have”, which is my point. That explains the 12% of male nurses that choose that profession and do have great caretaking ability. The point is males tend to gravitate to certain professions and so do females, but of course there are exceptions. Those exceptions are minorities within their respective gender. To further emphasize what I am saying answer these questions. 

A male and female on earth is chosen at random. If you had to bet your life on the answer to this question, which would you guess:

You can probably guess right to a majority of these questions. But of course, sometimes you will have surprises and be incorrect and that’s totally okay. And that doesn’t mean anything negative to that person who is outside of the norm, and it shouldn’t be offensive or insulting to anybody to know the reality of characteristics, preferences, and tendencies between men and women in a general way. 

So again, please quote me the source of this "reality". You use that word and it's the basis for your entire argument.

Please provide the source for this belief.

4 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

So again, please quote me the source of this "reality". You use that word and it's the basis for your entire argument.

Please provide the source for this belief.

Just take a look at the world 🌎 

Tell me the assumptions to those questions are completely 50/50 guesses…

4 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

A male and female on earth is chosen at random. If you had to bet your life on the answer to this question, which would you guess:

2 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

No, you call it tendencies. Back that up. Prove tendencies can't change over time.

Tendencies can definitely change over time. 

Edited by Swizzey
Added more to quote

1 minute ago, Swizzey said:

Just take a look at the world 🌎 

Tell me the assumptions to those questions are completely 50/50 guesses…

Tendencies can definitely change over time. 

Yes the world changes. Women are increasingly choosing trades. Tendencies change.

You do realize what this admission does to your previous statements?

Yes the world changes. Women are increasingly choosing trades. Tendencies change.

You do realize what this admission does to your previous statements?

Acknowledging tendencies change does nothing to my previous statements. Male and female tendencies have withstood the test of time for thousands of years. There have always been a minority of men who lean toward the feminine side and a minority of females that lean toward the masculine side and nothing wrong with either of those. Your point “because tendencies can change” will flip upside down the thousands of years of reality within this subject is absurd. 

28 minutes ago, Swizzey said:

Acknowledging tendencies change does nothing to my previous statements. Male and female tendencies have withstood the test of time for thousands of years. There have always been a minority of men who lean toward the feminine side and a minority of females that lean toward the masculine side and nothing wrong with either of those. Your point “because tendencies can change” will flip upside down the thousands of years of reality within this subject is absurd. 

Ah I think you've shown your hand. This is religion for you.

And you admitted tendencies can change.

I think you need to try a new Peterson video.

Edited by Bob Long
  • Confused 1

Ah I think you've shown your hand. This is religion for you.

37 minutes ago, Swizzey said:

A male and female on earth is chosen at random. If you had to bet your life on the answer to this question, which would you guess:

Religion causes these basic male and female choice tendencies? Can you please shed light on why it’s so easy to answer these questions?

2 minutes ago, Swizzey said:

Religion causes these basic male and female choice tendencies? Can you please shed light on why it’s so easy to answer these questions?

No dude I think our chat has run its course. I feel badly for you tbh you have a very limiting and wrong view of life. Get off the Jordan Peterson asap.

• Haha 2

Just now, Bob Long said:

No dude I think our chat has run its course. I feel badly for you tbh you have a very limiting and wrong view of life. Get off the Jordan Peterson asap.

I enjoyed dialogue with you as well. Now we can put the differing ideologies aside and watch some hockey. After all, isn’t that what sport is all about 😉

Go Canucks Go!

11 hours ago, aGENT said:

Nope. Sitting on the couch with my dog, looking out our big picture window at our valley/mountain view, enjoying the delicious lattes I made for my wife and I, after making love to her this morning. I assure you, I'm quite calm and relaxed lol.

I'm certainly not losing my shit. Simply holding people accountable for their actions.

Asserting that gay men inherently lack the qualities to play hockey is the definition of bigotry FYI.

I bet for you it was. For a lot of people it was, and still is, an uphill battle to feel welcome and accepted. Has been for decades. 

I think you mean correct. Or did you just miss the entire black athletes being able to play sports that's been happening for the last 80 or so years? Black and white people allowed to sit together at sporting events? Use the same water fountains, bathrooms etc at games? Alli and his conscientious objection to military service? None of that happened? I'm "incorrect" am I?

Nevermind. 

Edited by madrigal77
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, madrigal77 said:

If your life is so great, why are you so desperate for random hockey players that you don’t know to wear a rainbow jersey? Obviously something is missing in your life and you’re trying to fill it by being the “equality” police. Must have pretty low self esteem to feel the need to fill the void by “holding people accountable” for not wanting to wear a rainbow hockey jersey. 

What kind of nonsense are you on about?!? People who have a great life can’t be passionate about subjects or have opinions?

The fuck is wrong with you?

Are you simple?

What a poor, weak response, full of assumption and devoid of any substance. You just lost your own argument. 

Edited by RWJC
  • Haha 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, RWJC said:

What kind of nonsense are you on about?!? People who have a great life can’t be passionate about subjects or have opinions?

The fuck is wrong with you?

are you simple?

What a poor and weak response. 

When the thing you choose to be passionate about is hockey players wearing a rainbow jersey, something must be wrong. 

• Confused 1

7 minutes ago, madrigal77 said:

When the thing you choose to be passionate about is hockey players wearing a rainbow jersey, something must be wrong. 

you assume that’s the only thing they are passionate about? 
that’s like assuming you’re a rabid homophobe because you’re arguing points against. Not saying you are but if you want to generalize people, you should be aware that the way you’re approaching discussion now is what people do when they reveal themselves as having nothing of value left to provide aside from projecting faults that are simply likely their own. 

again, you’re being very simpleminded here. you should quit while you’re already this far behind because it’s a bad look when you TRY to make it personal and still fail at that too

I don’t mean any offense to you but you’re so far off base with regards to @aGENT that it’s sadly quite humorous at your own expense and cred 

Edited by RWJC
  • Cheers 1