[Article] Canucks will ‘follow the league rules’ on Pride Tape and specialty jerseys

RWJC

9 hours ago, StrayDog said:

Bigot, you will get nothing from me aside from the disdain you deserve.

I think the correct question here is Why do you not care so much for equality?

I care for equality of opportunity, which is what has been achieved in social rights issue. I do not care for equality of outcome. I do not care for there to be equal representation in all professions. So what there are less than 1% of female bricklayers. So what there are less than 12% male nurses. So what there aren’t gay NHL hockey players. So what there isn’t a large representation of straight male professional dancers. Everyone has equal opportunity to get where you want to go. 

Edited by Swizzey
Typo
  • Cheers 1

10 hours ago, aGENT said:

Wow... Are you serious? 😳  I honestly don't know how to respond to such bigoted nonsense.

Yes, it has. For DECADES.

https://www.sjuhawknews.com/a-timeline-of-civil-rights-movements-in-sports/

What was bigoted about what he said? Basically you're resorting to the good ole call them a racist or a bigot when you've lost an argument shtick.  It's embarrassing.

Since this site started I'm definitely seeing way more of this crap.  

• Confused 1
  • Vintage 1

11 hours ago, Swizzey said:

Perhaps it has less to do with gays not being allowed to play and more to do with gays not embodying the characteristics of what it takes to be  an NHL hockey player. 

6 minutes ago, Plaguez said:

What was bigoted about what he said? Basically you're resorting to the good ole call them a racist or a bigot when you've lost an argument shtick.  It's embarrassing.

Since this site started I'm definitely seeing way more of this crap.  

Seriously? I don't know how one could be so self absorbed or unaware that they statements doesn't raise any red flags.

Edited by MeanSeanBean
  • Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

11 hours ago, aGENT said:

Wow... Are you serious? 😳  I honestly don't know how to respond to such bigoted nonsense.

Yes, it has. For DECADES.

https://www.sjuhawknews.com/a-timeline-of-civil-rights-movements-in-sports/

When I was growing up, sports was about sports.  
It was about teamwork and trying your best.  
It had ZERO to do with people sexuality, race or religion, and it should stay that way. 
Yes, all should be allowed to play, obviously, but you are incorrect saying it’s always been this bs white knight for every cause.  

Also, your article isn’t any sort of fact. 
Ots an opinion pice from some hard left white woman.  Hahaba. 
Hardly real news. 

On 10/13/2023 at 7:23 AM, -dlc- said:

It's not the same as showing support for a group that has to endure a lot of hatred and vitriol spewed their way on a daily basis just for living their lives. 

Where is that evident now? In Canada? Everything can now be a "hate" crime. An argument. Anything. Every single event that can be said to be a hate crime is reported across the country.

The only reason there is any opposition is because ordinary people are starting to be ostracized as being against this if they don't 100% agree and endorse.

If your not with us, your against us. No middle ground.

I just want to watch a hockey game not a participate in a political agenda.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, toochmahgooch said:

What women doesnt have the same rights as men? 

Cute. Anyone who disagrees with you is a bigot. That sounds mighty liberal of you. Disagree on a topic, well that person MUST be a bigot.

But, I'm glad a Social Justice Warrior like yourself Is breaking down barriers on a hockey forum. 

Nope, anyone who makes bigoted statements is a bigot. Using "feminist" as an insult, just like calling me a Social Justice Warrior in an insulting manner, marks you as a bigot. I have had plenty of disagreements with people here and on the old site without calling them bigots. But if you out yourself as one, I will call you on it.

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, D.B Cooper said:

No, the convo is about NA and you know it.  
The NHL wearing rainbows will do nothing to how places like the Middle East treat gay folks and women.  
That isn’t our liberal funbois fight. 

So you just ignore the part about the paygap in Canada? Also, doesn't matter, globally includes here. Do you think if you asked a group of woman in Canada the majority would tell you they think you have equal rights to men? 

And what the hell is with people bringing politics unnecessarily into every conversation? Liberal funbois? Lol. The sign of a lost argument is defaulting to politics 

"Ots an opinion pice from some hard left white woman."

Huh, I'm starting to sense a trend...

1 minute ago, MeanSeanBean said:

So you just ignore the part about the paygap in Canada?

Where did I mention the wage gap?  
But sure, I’ll bite.  
I run a large metal shop. 
I have 5 female welder/fabricators out of 42.  
Let’s start with, why only 5?  That doesn’t seem fair.   Maybe because women aren’t as into getting into trades as men.   
Also, 4 of them are in the top 5% of wages.  1 is an apprentice. 
Paygap is a fallacy. 

Also, doesn't matter, globally includes here. Do you think if you asked a group of woman in Canada the majority would tell you they think you have equal rights to men? 

What they believe and what is reality are two different things. 
Please list these crazy rights that men have, that women don’t in Canada.  

And what the hell is with people bringing politics unnecessarily into every conversation? Liberal funbois? Lol. The sign of a lost argument is defaulting to politics 

There is a clear side where this mentality comes from, and it is almost always the far left. 
Also, wagegaps, equality, forcing employees to do things against their beliefs…... All politically driven. 

"Ots an opinion pice from some hard left white woman."

Huh, I'm starting to sense a trend...

Yes, not a fan of hard leftists. 
I’ll tell you that for sure. 
Id never vote conservative, but someone like Trudeau won’t be getting my vote either.  

But let me guess

We don’t agree, so I’m a bigot?

Youve been throwing that around a lot. 

8 minutes ago, D.B Cooper said:

But sure, I’ll bite.  
Let’s start with, why only 5?  That doesn’t seem fair.   Maybe because women aren’t as into getting into trades as men.   
Paygap is a fallacy. 

What they believe and what is reality are two different things. 
Please list these crazy rights that men have, that women don’t in Canada.  

There is a clear side where this mentality comes from, and it is almost always the far left. 
Also, wagegaps, equality, forcing employees to do things against their beliefs…... All politically driven. 

Yes, not a fan of hard leftists. 
I’ll tell you that for sure. 
Id never vote conservative, but someone like Trudeau won’t be getting my vote either.  

But let me guess

We don’t agree, so I’m a bigot?

Youve been throwing that around a lot. 

Oh I'm so glad you did your 5 person study, better write up a report and send it to the pay equity office because they have their information wrong.

https://www150.statcan.gc.ca/n1/pub/14-28-0001/2020001/article/00003-eng.htm

https://payequity.gov.on.ca/the-gender-wage-gap-its-more-than-you-think/#:~:text=In 2022%2C the hourly average,gap across Canada was 13%.

And I've been throwing around bigot, have I? Quote it, quote me calling someone a bigot. Or is this just another thing you make up and pass for truth, you know, like the pay gap facility. 

Also again with the "almost always far left" when so far it's you throwing around politics more then anyone. Lol

Edited by MeanSeanBean

18 minutes ago, D.B Cooper said:

But sure, I’ll bite.  
Paygap is a fallacy

I had a transportation company.

I had two women apply for jobs, I hired one the other didn't stick.

I gave her a 150k truck and paid her the exact same as all the other guys for the same work.

I coached minor bantam hockey with girls on the team, no issues as a matter of fact one of the girls was one of the better defence.

Same with ANY ethnic group or sexual preference although I was never made aware of any of that because the only thing that mattered was hockey. Once they put on the jersey they were all the same, call it gang or family, I called it team, one color, the jersey. One for all and all for one. I even got called out once because one of the better lines on the team were all Asian. I admit I had a blind spot, it never occurred to me anything other than the mix of play on the ice, not the genetics. 

• Cheers 1

20 minutes ago, MeanSeanBean said:

Oh I'm so glad you did your 5 person study, better write up a report and send it to the pay equity office because they have their information wrong.

https://payequity.gov.on.ca/the-gender-wage-gap-its-more-than-you-think

20 minutes ago, MeanSeanBean said:

https://payequity.gov.on.ca/the-gender-wage-gap-its-more-than-you-think/#:~:text=In 2022%2C the hourly average,gap across Canada was 13%.

And I've been throwing around bigot, have I? Quote it, quote me calling someone a bigot. Or is this just another thing you make up and pass for truth, you know, like the pay gap facility. 

Also again with the "almost always far left" when so far it's you throwing around politics more then anyone. Lol

/#:~:text=In 2022%2C the hourly average,gap across Canada was 13%.

There are large differences in the stats of both your links.  
They can’t even nail down their argument.  
Also, these stats don’t take into account large factors that lead to these wages, which one of your links admits themselves.  
In reality the gap is around 98cents to the dollar.  Which yes, that shouldn’t be there and is t right, but still not the 80cent that incomplete data claims. 

And I apologize, that was stray dog who keeps using bigot a bunch. 
And again, this argument has quite obvious political leanings.  So what’s wrong with mentioning it?  Are you offended that I assume you are a liberal?

5 minutes ago, D.B Cooper said:

There are large differences in the stats of both your links.  
They can’t even nail down their argument.  
Also, these stats don’t take into account large factors that lead to these wages, which one of your links admits themselves.  
In reality the gap is around 98cents to the dollar.  Which yes, that shouldn’t be there and is t right, but still not the 80cent that incomplete data claims. 

And I apologize, that was stray dog who keeps using bigot a bunch. 
And again, this argument has quite obvious political leanings.  So what’s wrong with mentioning it?  Are you offended that I assume you are a liberal?

Ones Ontario based, ones full Canada. Can't nail down information? Shocking revolution that statistics change province to province. 

A paygap is a paygap, something you said didn't exist. 

Apology accepted, why don't you actually get your information right before you start throwing around things like that next time. 

Again with political, you can't help yourself eh? Is it like a tick or something or just your entire personality revolving around politics? Not that it's any of your business, but no, I'm not.

35 minutes ago, MeanSeanBean said:

I wondered about that as well and by reading up on it it appears that most of that wage gap in not by job to job but number of each working at different jobs. Like there isn't THAT many female fallers in forestry or riggers and slingers. Not that many fishers. Not that many mechanics or construction workers. ALL higher paying jobs. Where there is women working they get paid the same.

Some jobs are by piece work where a larger human will make more regardless of gender.

I am pretty sure that most government jobs are equal now, WCB jobs are.

It used to be that there was the bread winner and the home maker both important jobs but the bread winner HAD to make more. As time went by and more women entered the workforce the traditional jobs they did became more encompassing and as they did the "bread winner" mentality took a few decades to over come.

Now can I work in a day care center? Sure I could but apart from scaring the crap out of the kids due to the way I look and sound, most parents would likely worry about the shitty stuff, like me changing a diaper on a female child.

Just about every female I know gets paid the same as her male counter part. Where are the jobs that are different now?

Edited by TheGuardian
  • Cheers 1

Just now, MeanSeanBean said:

Ones Ontario based, ones full Canada. Can't nail down information? Shocking revolution that statistics change province to province. 

Ok.  So it’s just Ontario making all of Canada numbers worse.  

A paygap is a paygap, something you said didn't exist. 

2 cents. That could be nothing more than another missed factor.  
Hell, your stats missed more than 10 cents. 

Apology accepted, why don't you actually get your information right before you start throwing around things like that next time. 

Bite me.  Hahah

Again with political, you can't help yourself eh? Is it like a tick or something or just your entire personality revolving around politics? Not that it's any of your business, but no, I'm not.

Sure homie.  

10 minutes ago, TheGuardian said:

I wondered about that as well and by reading up on it it appears that most of that wage gap in not by job to job but number of each working at different jobs. Like there isn't THAT many female fallers in forestry or riggers and slingers. Not that many fishers. Not that many mechanics or construction workers. ALL higher paying jobs. Where there is women working they get paid the same.

Some jobs are by piece work where a larger human will make more regardless of gender.

I am pretty sure that most government jobs are equal now, WCB jobs are.

It used to be that there was the bread winner and the home maker both important jobs but the bread winner HAD to make more. As time went by and more women entered the workforce the traditional jobs they did became more encompassing and as they did the "bread winner" mentality took a few decades to over come.

Now can I work in a day care center? Sure I could but apart from scaring the crap out of the kids due to the way I look and sound, most parents would likely worry about the shitty stuff, like me changing a diaper on a female child.

Just about every female I know gets paid the same as her male counter part. Where are the jobs that are different now?

Easy dude. 
Don’t bring reality and common sense into this. 
They don’t like it.  Just one sided ‘data’

• ThereItIs 1

5 minutes ago, D.B Cooper said:

Ok.  So it’s just Ontario making all of Canada numbers worse.  

2 cents. That could be nothing more than another missed factor.  
Hell, your stats missed more than 10 cents. 

Bite me.  Hahah

Sure homie.  

So what's the point of asking a question if you won't even accept an answer? Are the pieces of information your willing to accept the ones you've already decided apon with a preconceived notion? Actually... That would make a lot of sense.

They idea that just because someone is progressive with their ideology it dictates their political leaning, while a safe bet at times, isn't always true. I'm the way I am because of my father, who was a faller his entire life from 14 to retirement, as was his father. Just because he spent his life in the bush, doesn't mean he turned out narrow minded, hence raising his family to be fundamentally accepting people.

• Vintage 1

11 hours ago, Swizzey said:

I’m genuinely interested on your explanation regarding bricklayers and nurses in relation to how personality and characteristics gravitate people to certain careers. Give me an alternative lens to view that through. 

The answer you are looking for is "stigma". People in our culture are afraid of someone labelling them if they enter a certain field and are thus discouraged to do so. It has nothing to do with innate qualities. 

Edited by Bob Long
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, D.B Cooper said:

When I was growing up, sports was about sports.  
It was about teamwork and trying your best.  
It had ZERO to do with people sexuality, race or religion, and it should stay that way. 
Yes, all should be allowed to play, obviously, but you are incorrect saying it’s always been this bs white knight for every cause.  

Also, your article isn’t any sort of fact. 
Ots an opinion pice from some hard left white woman.  Hahaba. 
Hardly real news. 

Actually, you just thought it was a straight hetero past time because queer athletes didn't dare be openly out for fear of very real, very severe consequences.

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 2
  • ThereItIs 1

4 minutes ago, stawns said:

Actually, you just thought it was a straight hetero past time because queer athletes didn't dare be openly out for fear of very real, very severe consequences.

Wow wow wow
That’s a total ignorant and asshole assumption. 
I’m all for hockey being fully inclusive for everyone.  Period. 

I don’t feel a greasy corporation like the NHL should be feeding anyone any sort of ethics lessons. 
Whether that be military, cultural, gender/sexuality, etc….

big·ot
/ˈbiɡət/

noun
  1. a person who is obstinately or unreasonably attached to a belief, opinion, or faction, especially one who is prejudiced against or antagonistic toward a person or people on the basis of their membership of a particular group.
    "don't let a few small-minded bigots destroy the good image of the city"
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, D.B Cooper said:

Wow wow wow
That’s a total ignorant and asshole assumption. 
I’m all for hockey being fully inclusive for everyone.  Period. 

I don’t feel a greasy corporation like the NHL should be feeding anyone any sort of ethics lessons. 
Whether that be military, cultural, gender/sexuality, etc….

Inclusion doesn't come with a "but", imo 

9 minutes ago, stawns said:

Do you know when they started coming out? Try the late 60's and they were not all ostracised, it was just not publicised.

Like most sports reporters of the era when there was no internet there are many back stories that were never reported on. How many on the cup winning Oilers? 

What were Kassian's problems? Kept under wraps.

Sports reporters often kept and sometimes still do some stories quiet. Sometimes stories get out but are not or were not perpetuated on. Gilmore, MacTavish, Brown and MacLean, Messier/Bure, Anderson, Messier, Tocchet, recently the Junior teams stuff, Nichuskin, lots of "in the room", usually if there is a really big issue some forms of "hints" are published but nothing concrete, like the Horvak, Miller dichotomy or the young vs old gap, even Miller tried to disguise his opinion when he said "we have to learn how to play defence", that year they were one of the better defensive teams but Hughes had a horrible +/-.

The old Chicago Bears, Detroit Lions, Rock Hudson. Did they all get hung out to dry?

Old news just being renewed for some reason.

Let's watch hockey, a game. The way it is going minor hockey will have to change so it is not a game but a statement.

4 minutes ago, Maninthebox said:
big·ot
/ˈbiɡət/

noun
  1. a person who is obstinately or unreasonably attached to a belief, opinion, or faction, especially one who is prejudiced against or antagonistic toward a person or people on the basis of their membership of a particular group.
    "don't let a few small-minded bigots destroy the good image of the city"

Jeez that sound like all those folks on the rainbow side