[PGT] Canucks vs Oilers - Oct 11

Jess

4 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

The Canucks have superior goaltending and defense. That was clearly evident yesterday. They looked like a team with an identity. 

And they have too many scorers that can pot in 20-30 goals from 6-8 different players and maybe 4 potential PPG players, Pettersson, Hughes, Miller, and maybe Boeser if he can keep up with the pace.   Not many teams have that type of players, a complete package in each position if you will.   If they can overcome a slow start on the road due to a type of schedule, they'll be off and running.  

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

8 minutes ago, coolboarder said:

And they have too many scorers that can pot in 20-30 goals from 6-8 different players and maybe 4 potential PPG players, Pettersson, Hughes, Miller, and maybe Boeser if he can keep up with the pace.   Not many teams have that type of players, a complete package in each position if you will.   If they can overcome a slow start on the road due to a type of schedule, they'll be off and running.  

Just hope, all injured coming back sun.Saturday would be Christmas.

3 hours ago, Kragar said:

Also, shame on Sportsnet for not having the local broadcast team on their home opener.

Agreed.  Even on a national broadcasting, the fan should have its own choice, home team or visiting team's broadcasting team. They have SN Pacific, and SN West so why not have fan from national wide across Canada choose which commentary team and watch that channel of their liking.  I do not want to hear any excessive praise toward a player or team.  I have had enough with too many years of hearing that.  They're supposed to be neutral and they aren't that neutral. So for next Canucks games against any of the Canadian teams, send both crew to the game and cover with one shot and two different audios, one for home team and one for visiting team.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Rekker said:

I saw signs of it in the second half of the elimination game for the Oilers to end their season last years playoffs. They were trying to draw penalties, Draisatel especially, and refs weren't biting. It's all that team has, really, is the PP.

Especially McD himself. One point and a minus 3. A good captain calls out his own play first. I hope we win Saturday night, even better, stomp them again.

Exactly... 

McD has zero class... he's a fabulous hockey player, but it all about him...

Bet you, he throws his own team mates under the bus in the locker room as well. 
A proper captain just states we were not good enough today, but we will learn and get better... none of that 'Dem took my Cody crap'... 

Take it like a man, and you'll earn respect. 

54 minutes ago, Dizzle said:

Honestly, the best part is we don’t even have to win. If they don’t absolutely smoke us on Saturday they’re still the ones behind. 

…obviously I still hope we win lol. 

If they don't hammer us, he'll look like the fool, he is....

It'll be a tough game, and I can see a lot of dirty play coming up, but I think it'll be close. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

7 minutes ago, coolboarder said:

Agreed.  Even on a national broadcasting, the fan should have its own choice, home team or visiting team's broadcasting team. They have SN Pacific, and SN West so why not have fan from national wide across Canada choose which commentary team and watch that channel of their liking.  I do not want to hear any excessive praise toward a player or team.  I have had enough with too many years of hearing that.  They're supposed to be neutral and they aren't that neutral. So for next Canucks games against any of the Canadian teams, send both crew to the game and cover with one shot and two different audios, one for home team and one for visiting team.

That's what I've enjoyed for much of my watching down here, either on DirecTV or now on ESPN+... choosing which feed I get.  Unfortunately, when it comes to all-Canadian games, there's no choice. 

Sportsnet saving money, I guess. Just sad that it is almost every time we get stuck with the Alberta crew so often instead of Shorty 🤮

10 minutes ago, coolboarder said:

If they're too cheap to do that, have a separate feed without commentary.

7 minutes ago, spook007 said:

Exactly... 

A proper captain just states we were not good enough today, but we will learn and get better... none of that 'Dem took my Cody crap'... 

It'll be a tough game, and I can see a lot of dirty play coming up, but I think it'll be close. 

If the officiating is on the level I like our chances to win. 

Just now, King Heffy said:

If they're too cheap to do that, have a separate feed without commentary.

Wouldn’t the mute achieve that?

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

20 minutes ago, spook007 said:

Exactly... 

aside from his skills, there's not a single likeable thing about McWhiner. He has the personality of a wet mop. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, coolboarder said:

And we've gotten a taste of what this team can do when they heat up. This is going to be a fun year.

Just now, Grandmaster said:

This sucks that we have to wait so long for round 2.

I want one more win! How sweet would that be? 

Prove to the rest of the NHL, idiot reporters and “experts” who have forsaken this team to be weak and be non playoff. 

A great FU to all of them. 

Exactly. I can't stand hearing how the Oilers didn't show up and the lack of respect to the Canucks.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

Dear Connor McCavedin and Leon Cryidle,

So there I am at work minding my own business today when all of a sudden I hear a bunch of snivelling dribble on my radio about how you were mistreated by my team. Seriously? Sorry pumpkins, I'll write you a twangy country song called Cry Me A River.

Shouldn't put out the #1 power play? Wat? Here's something for you to learn about fair play...crosschecking and slashes come with whatever kind of power play we want to throw out there. You lose all rights when you whack a guy on the shins with your stick so STFU. Once you're in the box mind your own business. Wipe the tears off your face and the snot out of your nose and try to be presentable. 

Duhchardonnay or whatever the hell his name is hardly plays fair. Can we discuss that for a moment? Nurse? If I had my way I'd call up Godzilla and Frankenstein and put them out there on the power play to offset these clowns.

FTR, I also saw that sneaky slewfoot behind the net, Leon. You 3 toed sloth.

I don't wanna hear this crap that makes it all about your team and how you didn't play well. Like you had a say in winning or losing and our team was just a biproduct of that. Shut up. You tried your hardest and when that didn't work you turned to your usual Plan B dirty play. You lost because this team played better and you guys were playing like a bunch of individual hack divas. Real Housewives of Alberta. 

Furthermore (I know that's a big word and you likely have to look it up), whining about Demko? Maybe he should've puked on you instead of in his mask. So you'd have an explanation. You made him (and me) sick.

One more piece of advice, take a loss graciously. Don't whine, pout, and cry...save that for your on ice antics that we've grown so accustomed to. Have some humility and accept that you were crap. Because you totally were.

BTW, this is the new and improved Petey so don't bother trying to cream him because he pushes back. 

Now I'm not getting too high on this one win and I fully expect you to come out like a bunch of kids trying to get your toy dumptruck back from the sandbox. Kindergarten rage is real.

It likely won't be quite so easy to roll over you (or maybe it will be).  But I am celebrating a beautiful performance by my team guilt free and you can't say anything to take that away. Maybe get Karen to help you write an email.

This game was not because you handed it to my team, it was because they earned it and played like a team.

Your interviews are trash. 

Love Deb

(PS I hear there's a new Connor in town. He's from Vancouver)

Love this, lay down the smack sister!  

One of the most impressive things about last night was the puck support. It seems rike on every 50/50 play, if the Canuck player won the battle there was a teammate there to help move the puck forward or provide that extra little support to win the battle, or at the very least try and kill the play.  

Edited by A_G
words

18 hours ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Well the last two pp we started players that normally wouldn't start the pp. Don't take penalties if you don't like who is on them.

Especially weakass penalties like Drai's slash.  Cheap shots deserve the full PP treatment.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1