[PGT] Canucks vs Oilers - Oct 11

Jess

And I guess the one thing Im excited for is solidifying the 4th line.  I could see Aman Bleugar Studnicka/Lafferty being another match up line and that would be huge for the Canucks.  They wont produce like Miller’s line but they will grind and force opponents to work.  Protect third period leads etc.  

17 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

Dear Connor McCavedin and Leon Cryidle,

So there I am at work minding my own business today when all of a sudden I hear a bunch of sniveeling dribble about how you were mistreated by our team. Seriously? Sorry pumpkins, I'll write you a twangy country song called Cry Me A River.

Shouldn't put out the #1 power play? Wat? Here's something for you to learn about fair play...crosschecking and slashes come with whatever kind of power play we want to throw out there. You lose all rights when you whack a guy on the shins with your stick so STFU. Once you're in the box mind your own business. Wipe the tears off your face and the snot out of your nose and try to be presentable. 

Duhchardonnay or whatever the hell his name is hardly plays fair. Can we discuss that for a moment? Nurse? If I had my way I'd call up Godzilla and Frankenstein and put them out there on the power play to offset these clowns.

FTR, I also saw that sneaky slewfoot behind the net, Leon. You 3 toed sloth.

I don't wanna hear this crap that makes it all about your team and how you didn't play well. Like you had a say in winning or losing and our team was just a biproduct of that. Shut up. You tried your hardest and when that didn't work you turned to your usual Plan B dirty play. You lost because this team played better and you guys were playing like a bunch of individual hack divas. Real Housewives of Alberta. 

Furthermore (I know that's a big word and you likely have to look it up), whining about Demko? Maybe he should've puked on you instead of in his mask. So you'd have an explanation. You made him (and me) sick.

One more piece of advice, take a loss graciously. Don't whine, pout, and cry...save that for your on ice antics that we've grown so accustomed to. Have some humility and accept that you were crap. Because you totally were.

BTW, this is the new and improved Petey so don't bother trying to cream him because he pushes back. 

Now I'm not getting too high on this one win and I fully expect you to come out like a bunch of kids trying to get your toy dumptruck back from the sandbox. Kindergarten rage can be brutal.

It likely won't be quite so easy to roll over you (or maybe it will be).  But I am celebrating a beautiful performance by my team guilt free and you can't say anything to take that away. Maybe get Karen to help you write an email.

This game was not because you handed it to my team, it was because they earned it and played like a team.

Your interviews are trash. 

Love Deb

(PS I hear there's a new Connor in town. He's from Vancouver)

Deb, this is a masterpiece for sure

But I highly doubt that these two have enough reading comprehension skill to appreciate it.

• Haha 3

16 minutes ago, A_G said:

And I guess the one thing Im excited for is solidifying the 4th line.  I could see Aman Bleugar Studnicka/Lafferty being another match up line and that would be huge for the Canucks.  They wont produce like Miller’s line but they will grind and force opponents to work.  Protect third period leads etc.  

Considering the 4th line the Canucks put on the ice was only 2 players I dont think you have to worry. Joshua. I mean did you watch the game? Bleugar should get Hogs and Podz for a bit on the 3rd. 

1 hour ago, Kragar said:

That's what I've enjoyed for much of my watching down here, either on DirecTV or now on ESPN+... choosing which feed I get.  Unfortunately, when it comes to all-Canadian games, there's no choice. 

Sportsnet saving money, I guess. Just sad that it is almost every time we get stuck with the Alberta crew so often instead of Shorty 🤮

To be honest the national team was alot more excited to see Garlund and Brock score than Shorthouse nasial noise.

I think Shorthouse and Freedman are buddies. Petey and Hughes are the only Canucks they like to talk about

2 hours ago, Saved_by_Jesus said:

A couple of things:  if we were playing our PP#1 up 6-1 against San Jose, then I can see that being unsportsmanlike in some sense.

However, Edmonton should take our using PP1 in a blowout as a compliment.  I'm sure I wasn't alone in thinking that "even at 6-1, I'm not fully confident that Edmonton could not come back from this".  Like, honestly, if Joshua or someone takes a 5 minute major for boarding early in the third, I could see Edmonton scoring 3 PP goals in 5 minutes to get right back in it with 10 minutes to go.  So, perhaps not as insulting as it seems?

Also, I think it is absolutely fair game to use PP1 in a blowout if the penalties are malicious cross-checks/slashes out of the opponent's frustration.  If it is just a hooking call in the neutral zone in a 6-1 game, then the Canucks should absolutely go to PP2.  However, if McDavid and Draisaitl are just pissed off, and taking cheap shots at our players which could injure them (which is what was happening last night), then I say bring on PP1 and punish them.

We need to get ready for what happened with Boston in 2011.... Boston took so many penalties in the first 4 games and we didnt make them pay. Then the Refs didnt want to call boston and make it "unfair" and the game that counted the most blew up.

We need teams to be scared to get called by the time the Stanley Cup Final series. So yes, that starts now.

21 minutes ago, Tusk said:

We need to get ready for what happened with Boston in 2011.... Boston took so many penalties in the first 4 games and we didnt make them pay. Then the Refs didnt want to call boston and make it "unfair" and the game that counted the most blew up.

We need teams to be scared to get called by the time the Stanley Cup Final series. So yes, that starts now.

Plus one

6 minutes ago, DelPiLeo said:

So happy for Brock. Have been waiting to see this kind of big night from him the last few seasons.

He played an incredible game. I even saw him finishing a check out there with a good hit. What a difference an offseason has made for him so far.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, A_G said:

Seeing both the 3rd and 4th lines dialed in and contributing offensively and defensively, playing and believing in the system is a big bonus. Teams can fake their way into the playoffs relying mostly on there rop 2 lines, but get exposed pretty quick come playoff time. Coaching staff have been amazing being able to get the best out of everyone and to cement in their brains that do whatever it takes to win mentality 100% of the time. 

The team showed that they can do it, and I believe this coaching staff has what it takes to ensure they dont forget it.

• Cheers 2

7 minutes ago, Vancan said:

Seeing both the 3rd and 4th lines dialed in and contributing offensively and defensively, playing and believing in the system is a big bonus. Teams can fake their way into the playoffs relying mostly on there rop 2 lines, but get exposed pretty quick come playoff time. Coaching staff have been amazing being able to get the best out of everyone and to cement in their brains that do whatever it takes to win mentality 100% of the time. 

The team showed that they can do it, and I believe this coaching staff has what it takes to ensure they dont forget it.

I think top 2 lines get you into the playoffs.....   bottom 2 lines determine how far you go in the playoffs.

Different hockey. 2 different seasons.   Playoffs are for grinders.  

• Cheers 1

On the NHL.com latest news they didnt even have the story. They showed the Toronto/Montreal and the story about Calgary

3 minutes ago, Slegr said:

The disrespect that the media continue to show to Canucks in that win is astonishing, as if Canucks had no right to win that game, and just wait until game 2, etc. So many stories about how then Oilers didn’t play well, but in all honesty, I thought they did play well.. the Canucks are just that good when coached well and in sync.

Also they listed Petterson as the top points person in stats, even though Brock is tied but with 4 goals.

I mean, even if its alphabetical its still wrong!

Let Boeser have his day at the top of the STATS page!

2 hours ago, A_G said:

One of the most impressive things about last night was the puck support. It seems kike on every 50/50 play, if the Canuck player won the battle there was a teammate there to help move the puck forward or provide that extra little support to win the battle, or at the very least try and kill the play.  

Carrie Brownstein Television GIF

• ThereItIs 1

5 minutes ago, Slegr said:

The disrespect that the media continue to show to Canucks in that win is astonishing, as if Canucks had no right to win that game, and just wait until game 2, etc. So many stories about how the Oilers didn’t play well, but in all honesty, I thought they did play well.. the Canucks are just that good when coached well and in sync.

Very true, Edmonton had no answers or pushback because of the way we played them. I don't recall seeing a nucks team in recent memory playing so hard, and never giving up on the puck like that. There probably still trying to decipher what the hell team that was. 

Don't forget this team will be even better when not vomiting in the equipment and all back from injuries as well. 

Media can't see past our star players and realise the supporting cast is not to shabby at all and a perfect mix for them. 

So long as the real fans know, and most importantly the team knows is all that matters.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tusk said:

Considering the 4th line the Canucks put on the ice was only 2 players I dont think you have to worry. Joshua. I mean did you watch the game? Bleugar should get Hogs and Podz for a bit on the 3rd. 

Im not worried-excited actually.  Joshua is fine on the third line but he’s not a match up guy.  Aman/Bluegar/Studnicka all have great wheels and showed how vs CGY.

17 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Carrie Brownstein Television GIF

IMG_2172.gif

__

Joshua/Hogz Sutr Lafferty could be a fantastic in your face line

Edited by A_G

6 minutes ago, A_G said:

Im not worried-excited actually.  Joshua is fine on the third line but he’s not a match up guy.  Aman/Bluegar/Studnicka all have great wheels and showed how vs CGY.

IMG_2172.gif

__

Joshua/Hogz Sutr Lafferty could be a fantastic in your face line

I keep seeing you list 4 guys for a line... come on, be confident. Josh/Laff/Puis for 3rd. Hogz in Abby.

Unless you want to trade Hogs and Podz for a defenseman.... maybe throw in a Soucy to help our cap.

Just now, Tusk said:

I keep seeing you list 4 guys for a line... come on, be confident. Josh/Laff/Puis for 3rd. Hogz in Abby.

Unless you want to trade Hogs and Podz for a defenseman.... maybe throw in a Soucy to help our cap.

extra FWD champ

• ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, Tusk said:

Is Allvin a moron? Because only a moron trades Soucy. 

18 minutes ago, Devron said:

Kraken are 0-2 love to see it 

Sorry Brilliac

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Is Allvin a moron? Because only a moron trades Soucy. 

Well trading him is better than giving him the Pearson doctors to be cap compliant and puting him on LTIR

• Huggy Bear 1

5 minutes ago, Tusk said:

Hoglander wouldn't make it through waivers.

• Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 1

3 minutes ago, Tusk said:

Sorry Brilliac

Well trading him is better than giving him the Pearson doctors to be cap compliant and puting him on LTIR

Actually it’s moronic to even suggest trading Soucy. The guy is a fantastic pkayer and signed to a great, team friendly contract. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, King Heffy said:

Hoglander wouldn't make it through waivers.

If you watched Abby canucks, it wouldnt be a huge loss.

Canucks fans are the only ones who remember the fancy lacrosse goal highlights from 5 years ago

Just now, Alflives said:

Actually it’s moronic to even suggest trading Soucy. The guy is a fantastic pkayer and signed to a great, team friendly contract. 

Huh? we are paying way more than Seattle was willing to pay. Why were they willing to let him go to free agency?

Oh.... They are americans therefore they dont know defensemen? Oh yeah, we got a good deal.

3 minutes ago, Tusk said:

If you watched Abby canucks, it wouldnt be a huge loss.

Canucks fans are the only ones who remember the fancy lacrosse goal highlights from 5 years ago

Huh? we are paying way more than Seattle was willing to pay. Why were they willing to let him go to free agency?

Oh.... They are americans therefore they dont know defensemen? Oh yeah, we got a good deal.

Sorry friend. Your lure isn’t shiny enough. Surfing is better than fishing.

70EA0FB4-7C4A-4755-ADDB-3CF6EA1BFF55.jpeg

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2