[PGT] Canucks vs Oilers - Oct 11

Jess

I had to watch it on delay, the best thing I can say is that almost nothing on this team looked familiar tonight.

PP wasn’t a predicable drop pass at the blue line robbing them of speed and then 5 guys just standing there passing it around until they lose the puck.  The forecheck reminded me of the much better days.

You could see how much the assistant coaches were communicating on the bench.  

The only familiar part was the defence falling apart under pressure and not knowing how to get the puck out of trouble.  That still needs work.  The team also looks really small compared to Edmonton.

Aside from the flashy stuff, Suter looked really good.  Just solid, making the right plays.

Wins like this really help the coaches cement their messaging and help buy in.  If the score was the other way, all that team buy in could go away fast.

Edited by Provost
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 2

1 minute ago, Provost said:

I had to watch it on delay, the best thing I can say is that almost nothing on this team looked familiar tonight.

PP wasn’t a predicable drop pass at the blue line robbing them of speed and then 5 guys just standing there passing it sprint until they lose the puck.  The forecheck reminded me of the much better days.

You could see how much the assistant coaches were communicating on the bench.  

The only familiar part was the defence falling apart under pressure and not knowing how to get the puck out of trouble.  That still needs work.  The team also looks really small compared to Edmonton.

Aside from the flashy stuff, Suter looked really good.  Just solid, making the right plays.

A small thing I noticed was the yelling from the bench. Coaching IRL.

I didn't like how quiet Green's bench was. 

Communication is way better.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I was pretty deflated going into the opener after the injuries, the rumours, it really felt like more if the same. It was the first time in years my optimism was wavering. 

They needed a win like this and they did it to start the season off right. Especially when a lot of analysts were writing us off. Excellent win to start the Tocchet era 

Still think the PGT and GDT should be one. Have always thought that.

Great win! 

• Cheers 1