[PGT] Canucks vs Oilers - Oct 11

Jess

18 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

OMG guys!

What a game! I love my team.

JT was a beast...all over McDavid. And that beautiful pass....what a set up! His goal was a total JT snipe. Love that he was Joshua's biggest cheerleader when he dropped the gloves. He's so damn awesome.

I'm super happy for Brock...loved it. We were chanting "we want Boeser".

Petey's amazing. He was hitting like a beast and he still does these subtle little moves that elude players and give him time and space. He is just so phenomenal.

Demko puked in his mask? Poor guy, hope he's ok.

Oh yeah, Draisaitl is a total b. He's so dirty .... a slewfoot and a slash as the game got away from him and his ego exploded. Oilers always turn to the dirty stuff....they're such whiney pusses. It was great to see them get demolished.

I really like our team...Lafferty and PGD really stood out for me. Everyone chipped in for this win. Captain Quinn...woo! Was great seeing former captains there. What a night, what a birthday!!

Happy Birthday and it's sure a great gift with beating like this tonight!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Coconuts said:

So what's the word in Demko

He was dehydrated with the flu. Apparently he throw up in his mask (his new mask!) he called it a night. Was a classy move and happy it wasn’t like one of these situations 🤢

https://x.com/RealMikeVersace/status/1712342757292023995?s=20

Edited by EP Phone Home
  • Cheers 1

33 minutes ago, kilgore said:

On the praise of the PK, Tocchet mentioned Mike Yeo and teaching them their "philosophies" for the PK.  I thought that was an interesting word to use. Rather than the usual "systems". 

Sad thing was, the one PK we gave up the goal on was terrible. No pressure. Frustrating to watch

• Vintage 1

24 minutes ago, Jigsaw said:

IMG_3994.jpeg

No one can ever question Demko’s commitment or dedication to the cause. 

Question: What does he do with that mask? Do they manage to sterilize it & does he keep it?  

Would you buy it? How much?

There’s also a real nice story attached to it - being the Captain’s 1st home-opener & Brock’s 1st 4-goal game as a PRO! 

Edited by viking mama

I'm allowed to enjoy this right? It just feels kind of...I don't know...wrong?

This isn't the Canucks of old. I know it's only 1 game but man it's nice to be happy about the team to start the season, even with regulars already out of the lineup against a potential Stanley Cup Contender. Cautiously optimistic!

6 minutes ago, Chicken. said:

Blueger was out right? Hell be a good addition too 😀 

Already a better start than last year !!

Ya, I was pleased with Blueger in the preseason. He'll be nice to have back whenever he returns

1 minute ago, viking mama said:

Ahhh. Cannot question his commitment or dedication to the cause. 

Question: What does he do with that mask? Does they manage to sterilize it & does he keep it…or not?  

There’s also a real nice story attached to it - being the Captain’s 1st home-opener & Brock’s 1st 4-goal game as a PRO! 

Have you ever smelled a hockey equipment bag? Naturally they can deal with such smells, heh

• Haha 1
  • ThereItIs 1

22 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

Thank you so much. It was an incredible game and I'm so glad I was there!

Happy Birthday Deb! And what an amazing present it was to, not only go to the game, but to witness such a thrashing, with our guys showing up and taking care of business!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, viking mama said:

No one can ever question Demko’s commitment or dedication to the cause. 

Question: What does he do with that mask? Do they manage to sterilize it & does he keep it…or not?  

Endure the smell and use it to ward off crease crashers 

Edited by eeeeeeeeergh
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Shekky said:

with that win Canucks players shoot to the top of the stats leaders 😄 https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/stats/

image.thumb.png.8145a2f0dbd099c4c8ce34d62b84719d.png

Can't wait for Drance's article.

"Boeser can't find teammates"

15 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

Could have been the whiskey, might have been the gin.

Could have been the sixer, and maybe the gin again.

Edited by Gawdzukes
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, eeeeeeeeergh said:

I’m paraphrasing mcwhiner who was complaining about Vancouver putting out its #1 pp unit when we were already up by a gorillion goals 

anyone have the McDavid interview? I already know what he will say and how he will say it but nothing like a few McDavid tears to make the world right. 

• Cheers 1