[PGT] Canucks vs Oilers - Oct 11

Jess

10 minutes ago, WSAcanuck said:

anyone have the McDavid interview? I already know what he will say and how he will say it but nothing like a few McDavid tears to make the world right. 

The betting starts: will he stay or does he go? 

Edited by viking mama

2 minutes ago, D-Money said:

Everyone picking Oilers as cup favorites. But when they don't have Ekholm, there's no one left who can defend well.

Their overall defense is trash. And it doesn’t help that their forwards are for the most part allergic to defensive play. 

• Haha 2
  • Cheers 1

13 minutes ago, eeeeeeeeergh said:

I’m paraphrasing mcwhiner who was complaining about Vancouver putting out its #1 pp unit when we were already up by a gorillion goals 

Really? We're only respecting him cause he alone can score 6 goals - except he didn't cause we shut him down!

It is deflating to start their season opener like this after all the talk during the off-season about cup or bust. If I were an oils fan I would question why my captain whines instead of focusing on his own team and figure out what went wrong. Now I'm curious of the reactions over there at oils nation.

They're gonna come out for revenge on Saturday. Hope our team is ready for it.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, WSAcanuck said:

Some really pretty passes and offensive plays but what was really noticeable to me was an effective forecheck, quicker and more accurate shooting even through traffic instead of waiting for the perfect shot, and players going hard to - and stopping - at the net and getting in position to screen effectively. Those things made a huge difference. 

Tenacious and chippy style. Looking like the players are buying into what RikTok is selling. Boys were all over them on the forecheck and you could see how players like Brock stood in front of the net, good

things happen. Joshua too. Net front pressure, no more of this perimeter shit. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• Jess changed the title to [PGT] Canucks vs Oilers - Oct 11

I was on the road for 12hrs wed and fell asleep on the couch before the game! Just woke up and darn near pooped myself! What a way to start the season! So pumped! Just about teared up when I saw Boeser got 4! Like everyone else I was so hoping he'd start well. Even more so for him as a person than a hockey player. Been through so much crap for an exceptional young man. Huggy w 3 assists in his first game as captain is awesome too. I think it's VERY important for the franchise that he started well with the "C" on his chest!! Demko puking in his mask is the icing on the cake. So funny!! Go Nucks!!!👍

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, DeNiro said:

They’re the favourites to win the cup. 

They don’t get to play the “we don’t get respect” card. 😂

The Oilers would not go easy on us if the roles were reversed I guarantee it. I thought our players were very humble with their goal celebrations when the score got up there.

Not cup favourites with those two goalies 😂

1 hour ago, AAA said:

I'm curious what Drances' take will be tmrw...

He tried so hard to goat both Quinn and coach to say this is a statement game and both didn’t take it

• Upvote 1