[PGT] Canucks vs Oilers - Oct 11

Jess

i konw its game one and we won but with some injurys and all our depth and rudely switched goalies, looks the boys are all on page, but saturdays a new a game., just spitting what we all watched, keeping my days off and watching hockey ona semi level, but round two lets goooo!

1 hour ago, Cluminati said:

On a different note… 

It was disappointing to read about CDC shutting down on an ever-growing fanbase, especially when a promising season was around the corner. Still is a terrible decision.

But moving on….

After game 1 of the regular season, and boy what a game 1 that was, this new fan forum is better than the old and I’m sure will only grow in member numbers as word gets around. Looking at the several pages on both the game day and PGT topics, it’s like nothing has changed!! Loving it!

Really appreciate all the effort from those involved that made this a seamless transition. To the creator(s) and admins, on behalf of all of us.. THANK YOU!!!!

Go Canucks Go!!!

I like our new home better.

Less control. 

Plus we are creating this ourselves. 

Looks like Rick has done for the Canucks, what the medic did for Nikki's heart 

• Like 2

What a fun evening! I started at the Canucks Team Store 10 years ago at the home opener after the lockout. I was thrown into working the main store at 113 because the team was doing an Everything 50% off sale for the first 3 games to thank fans for sticking with them through the lockout. The Ducks absolutely pummeled us that night.

Tonight I got to start this season off as the host in Section 113 and got to watch live as we absolutely pummeled the Oilers. On a personal level that was absolutely a game I'll remember for a long time.

Oh and I met Chelsea Green. That was fun!

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

Went to the game today. Probably my favourite game I’ve been to so far, felt like I was barely sitting down before I had to stand back up again to cheer! Hope the boys continue to work hard as not every team will roll over as easily as the Oilers.

• Cheers 2

45 minutes ago, ROBsolete said:

Great game by the boys! They made me regret my decision to play Far Cry 3. I did listen to the game on the radio and as I was picking off Vaas' pirates I was pretending it was Brock Boeser scoring. 

And a hearty thank you to the good folks who put this FAN-tastic site together. Let's keep the Ws coming, boys! Woo!

Isn't Far Cry on like v.7?

Couldn't just get a shut out and let us all REALLY enjoy the win... I kid

oh my god, what a game... probably the best Canucks game I've seen since the 2019 playoffs... I'm so so so happy for Boeser, I just loved that wrist shot on his 1st(?) goal, Demko was pretty good, was pretty mad at Joshua for that unnecessary penalty in the offensive zone that gave the Oilers their only goal, Höglander was pretty invisible, but I really really liked Rafferty, he was really noticeable in my opinion, drove the play many times. Defense was pretty solid. And ahh, it's such a breath of fresh air that they not only kept the friggin' lead, but they kept the pressure on and kept adding to the lead.

And compare this to what that gutless flames team did... they whooped an AHL roster with their almost full NHL roster 10-0 in a meaningless game, while Tocchet played his 2nd pp unit out when it was 6 or 7-1. That's class and integrity.

It will be interesting to see how they move forward from here, right now they have the momentum, it would be pretty sweet to start a season strong for once and have an above .600 October.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, TNucks1 said:

i konw its game one and we won but with some injurys and all our depth and rudely switched goalies, looks the boys are all on page, but saturdays a new a game., just spitting what we all watched, keeping my days off and watching hockey ona semi level, but round two lets goooo!

Knowing how hungry they are, they’ve probably already forgotten about last nights  game and are getting ready to prepare for Saturday. If there’s truly a season where there’s “Unfinished Business”, it’s this season.

Would be absolutely HUUUGE if we get Blueger, Mikheyev, and Soucy for Saturday. Though I’m suspecting only Blueger will be ready to go. 

2 hours ago, Pears said:

God seeing that box score got me feeling all warm and fuzzy.

Felt like pre covid seeing how many points Boeser/Pettersson got. Boeser with 4 goals just makes me smile makes me happy.

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1