[PGT] Canucks vs Oilers - Oct 11

Jess

4 hours ago, EP Phone Home said:

He was dehydrated with the flu. Apparently he throw up in his mask (his new mask!) he called it a night. Was a classy move and happy it wasn’t like one of these situations 🤢

https://x.com/RealMikeVersace/status/1712342757292023995?s=20

Ewww… please put a warning up… I didn’t want to see that… 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

Oh man....started my workperiod and when i get home i read about this game and see the highlights....made me soooo sad i missed out and so happy the team outperformed my expectations. Im so happy for Brock, and i sorta knew from watching camp that hes gonna have a good season. it looked like he has that snap in his step again that i saw back in the 2020 season when he had the most points during the shortened season. This is whats so wonderful about brock, a nose for the net and then he goes into these Flows where he scores a whole bunch of goals.

This 2nd line with Miller and Guiseppe is lookin real guuud right now and thats got a lot to do with how Boeser has elevated his game. Thats a key factor to what we need to be in the playoffs.... top 2 lines scoring and bottom 6 to shut down oposition...im just gonna enjoy these highlights all day now.... chandler bing happy dance GIF by Nick At Nite

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

Just finished watching!

What.A.Game! I can't remember an opening game that good in YEARS! This team is playing inspired team hockey....That is all I have ever wanted as a fan. Don't cheat the fucking game, play it the right way, win or lose....sometimes the bounces don't go your way or the better team wins, but tonight was so complete it felt really really good watching that!

A couple quick notes off the top:

Boeser looks completely reenergized, not sure about how 'fast' he has gotten, but he seems to have his confidence back and when you get yourself to soft ice and in the right spot, good things happen!

It feels like we finally have some solid role players. Di Guiseppe and Lafferty could battle it out for unsung hero this year. PDG keeps his legs moving and is a dog on a bone with the puck. I like how Lafferty has the ability to drive play wide with size/speed which forces D/C to be honest with their angles...that just creates more space for his linemates, but you still have to respect the net drive. Great pickup.

Hronek with 2 apples, +4 and tied for most TOI for Dmen (Cole) so he saw a LOT of McDavid. Great game from the back end.

Draisaitl? more like Crysaitl amirite? Can't wait for Saturday.

I don't care if it's game 1 of 82. An 8-1 drubbing of the Oilers always feels so damn good. For other Canucks fans behind enemy lines in Berta, I feel your pain living in Oil country for a few years myself...this outta shut em up for a couple days. Just need to twist the blade and step on the throat saturday, don't let them get up off the ice!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

/ramble!

OMG and deb calling the Oilers pussies is the icing on the cake!

Would love to see Boeser put up 50 goals this year and get traded for a 3rd round pick. Garlund put up 80 points and get us a 4th.

Apparently there's some people that don't get the reference to the hatred these two have suffered

Edited by ScottyBoy
  • Confused 2

5 hours ago, TNucks1 said:

that petey pass 2 garland got me so hyped

I don’t know if folks remember one of the times the Sedins were in the all-star game, they had a skills event that required those passes.

They blew everyone else away, I think they may be passing on some

secrets to their young countryman

I will enjoy this over my morning tea.

ABE642D1-4F4E-4AA6-AFE2-0F481269540B.png

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

4 hours ago, Rubik said:

oh my god, what a game... probably the best Canucks game I've seen since the 2019 playoffs... I'm so so so happy for Boeser, I just loved that wrist shot on his 1st(?) goal, Demko was pretty good, was pretty mad at Joshua for that unnecessary penalty in the offensive zone that gave the Oilers their only goal, Höglander was pretty invisible, but I really really liked Rafferty, he was really noticeable in my opinion, drove the play many times. Defense was pretty solid. And ahh, it's such a breath of fresh air that they not only kept the friggin' lead, but they kept the pressure on and kept adding to the lead.

And compare this to what that gutless flames team did... they whooped an AHL roster with their almost full NHL roster 10-0 in a meaningless game, while Tocchet played his 2nd pp unit out when it was 6 or 7-1. That's class and integrity.

It will be interesting to see how they move forward from here, right now they have the momentum, it would be pretty sweet to start a season strong for once and have an above .600 October.

That’s a low bar considering we didn’t make the 2019 playoffs 😆

10 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Not talking play style.  More just that stabilizing presence.

Loved his game so far. 
Quick decisive puck movement, solid clog the middle D.
Even makes Myers look serviceable so far. 

When get Soucy and Blueger back I will be very curious to see how we look and how little gets through the middle of the ice. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Honestly, I didn't think Juulsen and Hirose were that bad last night. They lack experience. But Juulsen did some good hits. 3 hits, and 1 assist. Hirose had 1 hit. Both at under 16:00 of ice time did what the team needed.

their possession numbers were pretty bad if one cares about that kind of thing, but they did OK. I really like Hirose though, we got a gem there. 

4 of the next 8 games are easily winnable if the team is prepared and plays like last night.

If the team can win or OTL some of the tougher games, that will be a fantastic start.

The best part the way Vancouver played last night. Is a good system, with players following assigned roles.

And using the forecheck to mess up the other team, and pounce and score. Just be like hungry dogs on meat.

No they are not going 82-0. But that's one great first game.

And the team is showing we can get wins even with adversity.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1